• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higher speed (Relativistic+) to Chosen Undead?

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well, I am no calculator, and I am pretty sure that the reason why I am saying this is because of a vague description, but since we considered the Lighting spells, I think that we should consider this.

The Chosen Undead, on PVP, can dodge Sunlight Spears, whose description is:

Miracle born from the fading soul of Gwyn.

Hurl sunlight spear.

In the war that marked the dawn of the Age of Fire. Gwyn wielded these rays of sunlight, which remain fierce even as they fade.

(I bolded the important part)

Now, I am assuming this from the Undertale pages, but dodging rays of sunlight is Relativistic+, isn't it?

I do not want to hype or anything, but... What about it?

Yes, but then, the same principle would apply to the Lighting Spear miracle. And the attack describes "rays of sunlight". It may be hype, but... Yeah.

KaenDragneel123 said:
Alakabamm said:
Light magic=/=lightspeed
Then Magical Lightning=/=Lightningspeed
Although, he has supersonic feats
Hardly. Both have standards of evidence that need to be met for it to be considered true lightning/light. Just being called "light" is not enough.

Considering that lightning spear is the fastest thing in the game and the damage spread in water The Chosen Undead should have Massively hypersonic speed or at least reactions.

Gabriel 00 said:
Considering that lightning spear is the fastest thing in the game and the damage spread in water The Chosen Undead should have Massively hypersonic speed or at least reactions.
That... Doesn't make sense

Lightning is not arguable, because lightning is plasma, which is an entirely different ballgame.

Atmospheric electricity may be be the argument here, but honestly I would defer that to other calc group members just because I am not well read on it.

Back at this thread, sorry for necroposting, but I found some interesting things, that must be added.

The Chosen Undead should be, by no means, slower than the Bearer of the Curse of Dark Souls II (At least, imo), and the Bearer can dodge the miracle "Heavenly Thunder", which is sky-to-earth lighting.

And I've seen on a thread here (I'm looking for the exact citation), that Gwyn's Lord Soul explains that he is able to freely "weave light and lighting", which supports the Relativistic+ (Or at least Massively Hypersonic+) Sunlight Spear speeds. There's also this citation on the "Great Lord Greatsword", a weapon forged out of ascending a weapon with Gwyn, Lord of Cinder's soul:

Greatsword born from the soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder. As bearer of the ultimate soul, Gwyn wielded the bolts of the su, but before linking the fire, divided that power amongst his children, and set off with only this great sword as his companion.

And I'll copy what someone said on another thread, here: P.S. About the dodging lightning thing for the Chosen Undead, I think it could be "real" lightning. In the war against the Everlasting Dragons, Seath said that only lightning (I assume he means "true" lightning, since I don't think magic existed back then) could pierce their scales and make them mortal, and Gwyn's Lightning Spears were able to do just that.

Also, there are multiple citations depicting Gwyn as the owner & user of sunlight and etc.

This may still be denied, but I want to know if it is a good reason for a upgrade.

Not really sure on scaling types of lightning and such, but if I could get a link to Heavenly Thunder in use I can maybe try to find a result based on that?

Unfortunately, that appears to be falling instantaneously in a single frame, so I doubt I can get anything from that. :/

The only real route to go would have to rely on the assumption that Lightning Spear is also the speed of natural lightning, I'd imagine.

ThePerpetual said:
Unfortunately, that appears to be falling instantaneously in a single frame, so I doubt I can get anything from that. :/
The only real route to go would have to rely on the assumption that Lightning Spear is also the speed of natural lightning, I'd imagine.
Understood. I'll wait for the input of other mods as well.

In Dark Souls 3 there's the lightning stake miracle wich is cloud to ground lightning, don't know if soul stream(a sorcerie that shots a lazer that i think can reach the horizon) can count as a speed feat, and theres that miracle where pillars of light rain down from the sky(the miracle is described as light).

Wouldn't this upgrade every other Soulsborne protagonist? Slayer of Demons can dodge Fool's Idol's lightning attack. The Hunter can dodge Orphan of Kos' lightning attack. Both are sky-to-ground lightning attacks. And as mentioned already, DS2 and 3 have sky-to-ground lightning attacks, which Bearer of the Curse and Ashen One can both dodge.

Since this thread was revived, i was thinking about the ashen one AP, in one of the endings he usurped de power of the flame and well... the flame warped space and time across the whole world reviving the previous lords, conecting past and present(champion gundyr and judex gundyr), and most notably the kiln of the first flame.

And about the speed: I alredy gave various reasons why the lighning is real lightning and the chosen undead shouls be Massively Hypersonic, in DS 3 there's even an miracle called lightning stake wich is "cloud to ground".

For the record, I changed my mind on this quite some time ago, just haven't gotten around to making a blog post yet...

Back