• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #4

Putting aside stats for now, I got a question about Sacred Gear Canceller. Would Rizevim be able to nullify anything created by a god? Since Sacred Gears are just God's creations, and he said this:

"…Using the power of 'Penetrate', to bypass my 'Sacred Gear Canceller'…? How is that possible! My 'Sacred Gear Canceller'! No matter what Sacred Gear, no matter what divine instrument, all of them! All—of—them, become ineffective—"

For example, would he be able to invalidate Vidar's boots?

No idea. I think he might just be using the kanji writing for Sacred Gear, instead of referring to other types of items. But it is fun to think about that he might do so. Would make him feel quite more threatening, as Sacred Gear Canceller always felt like the underwhelming one among Super Devils, and even among plenty other abilities.

Yeah, it would be good if he can nullify any divine item but there's unfortunately no way to confirm now that he's dead.

For the Mid-class guys, I asked a friend to calc Xenovia's feat from Vol 3 which is Building level along with the other building destruction feats from Leonardo's Mid-class monsters and Evil Dragons, in case people are interested in discussing scaling for those above Mid-class.

No matter what Sacred Gear, no matter what divine instrument, all of them! All—of—them, become ineffective—"

Cause Sacred Gear is katakana name. Kanji for sacred gears translated as God Instruments. Well not really instruments but this is one of possible translations of þÑ×ÕÖ¿

Ughhh, we should have gotten an illustration for blonde Rias. T-T

So, does anyone have anything you want to see in the next volume? For me, to start with, I want to see a new generation of the Knights of the Round Table and a descendant of Merlin.

Or merlin himself, would be a surprise for Arther, also want to see a dedicated story for Elminhilde someday, strange how we never met the queen of the Carmilla faction.

Tobio is such a great wildcard. His Longinus truly showed how overloaded it is, and some important things were said too. With these showings, I really cannot see a believable way for Dulio to win in a head-on fight. It's gonna be a troublesome match.

And wow, Cao Cao is truly merciless. I actually felt bad for Sonneillon, maybe because his attitude was so child-like. It was hard for me to read this fight. Sad that we couldn't see Cao Cao's new treasure (if it's such and not just his concentrated spear buff).

As I already mention Draig show himself very good agains Crom Cruach. His penetrate is real stuff. Draig fought agains Crom better than Vali DxD L.

They did about the same. Vali didn't deal as much damage to Crom as Ddraig did, but he also received much less damage (Crom only really hit him three times). Also Ddraig fought Crom while he had a broken arm and already had a previous fight, while Vali fought a fresh Crom in top shape.

Crom did say he was "feeling high", lol

I believe Dulio has always been in trouble since Tobio destroyed Nyx's barrier. The recent reveals for Canis Lycaon only make it worse. I mean, we saw how Tobio and Jin also used their power over darkness to their advantage, along with those mass produced dogs who have the cursed blades. Plus, chapter 7 of Slash Dog shows that Tobio can cut concepts as well. Not just Dulio, Vali could also have a lot of trouble if they meet. That said, I noticed Tobio didn't attack Gressil's soul but that's probably cause Ishibumi wanted to show off his other moves. He's still keeping us waiting with the other Slash Dog members though >_>

And yeah, I felt bad for Sonneillon. This dude was actually crying...

Also, with the Portuguese TL, can we say Erebus' feats put him somewhere in the top ten like Thor and Typhon? He damaged Pseudo DxD like Vidar w/ Mystical Boots.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Also, with the Portuguese TL, can we say Erebus' feats put him somewhere in the top ten like Thor and Typhon? He damaged Pseudo DxD like Vidar w/ Mystical Boots.
Most likely. I feel the same way and already put him in Top-10 league in ACF wiki

"can make attacks directed at him to melt into shadows"

For this unlinked ability of Tobio's, I think it would classify as Transmutation.

Well, it doesn't seem to be that straightforward. What happened in that scene is vague. It could probably even be interpreted as some kind of intangibility (or whatever a shadow is) based on what his opponent thought.

So it's better to wait for more fights for Tobio.

Edit: Reading that part again, it looks more like Tobio himself can melt into shadows to neutralize attacks.

Damn, it seems like Alphecca Tyrant may be related to the fake Red and White Dragon. I just want to say that I heavily suspected it could create fake versions of legendary figures after hearing that those dragons suddenly appeared in Britain, which happens to be where the Alphecca Tyrant user is stirring things up. But if it's like that, it'd probably be classified as a high tier Longinus so that may be wrong.

It's great that Ishibumi is thinking of writing matches for Cao Cao and Tobio in DX volumes, I hope he can do so sometime in the future when his health gets better. Interesting to see there's still several things to reveal for Tobio's Abyss Side BxB.

Ishibumi also more or less said the shocking development will be connected to ExE. Maybe the DxD team will see a UL themselves or Hades will reveal it to them.

Next volume will have a lot of action, I'm having trouble properly guessing how both sides would face each other. The match-ups that are basically confirmed are Issei vs Verrine and Vali vs the White Dragon. Plus, Albion dropped a hint that we will see Vali's powerup. I want to say Ddraig vs the Red Dragon, though there are still other major players like Crom, Hades, Angra Mainyu, etc.

Vergil Lucifer said:
3) ÒééÒüùµÿƒÒéÆÕúèÒüøÒéïÒüáÒüæÒü«Õ¿üÕèøÒü«õ©ÇµÆâÒéƵö¥ÒüªÒéïÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïÒü«Òü¬Òéë……ÒüØÒéôÒü¬ÒééÒü«ÒÇüÕ«╣µÿôÒü½µÆâÒüªÒéï ÒéÅÒüæÒüîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªþÁéÒéÅÒéïÒü«ÒüáÒüïÒéë——ÒÇé- Ise though that he must not fire such a powerfull blast that can destroy planet because if he was - everything is over.
So, my bad, my brain actually didn't register this well the first time. I initially thought it's similar to the vague statements for Dragon Gods, but this is quite a bit better. I've used a few online translators and it does say what Vergil posted (same for the Portuguese version).

Since it's implied that AxA can destroy the planet with one shot if it isn't restrained / suppressed, I think people could accept "possibly / likely 5-B". But we'd also need to update other things in Issei's page, so let's wait for Leo's translation and hope it says the same thing.

Light Spoiler but they're already hinting at gods from the ExE world arriving in the main universe. One of Melvazoa's brothers, to be precise.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Light Spoiler but they're already hinting at gods from the ExE world arriving in the main universe. One of Melvazoa's brothers, to be precise.
I hope Ishibumi delivered on the eventual confrontation with him if that were to be the case.

To defeat Melvazoa Issei will have to gather the 7 Light Hearts and 13 Dark Hearts 12 Chosen Heavenly Breasts in order to create the X-Blade and summon the full power of Kingdom Hearts attain the ExE Form and summon the full power of Kingdom Breasts.

Matthew Schroeder said:
To defeat Melvazoa Issei will have to gather the 7 Light Hearts and 13 Dark Hearts 12 Chosen Heavenly Breasts in order to create the X-Blade and summon the full power of Kingdom Hearts attain the ExE Form and summon the full power of Kingdom Breasts.
LOL, that's an amazing way to say it. Because thats how I thought of it as well. But there could be more heavenly breast due to other girls being present in Issei dream. Could that be an indication of the sudden change or not? Lets see when he does eventually arrive.

It would be horrible if Regalzerva is the "surprise" Ishibumi is referring to for the next volume, Ryuuteimaru is still incomplete and inefficient for a drawn out fight. Plus, I'm pretty sure Vali's powerup would have its own drawbacks so a two vs one may not work out well. Moreover, I'm not seeing a realistic way they could win after a massive battle with the Alliance of Hell.

I'm also fairly sure Issei won't reach the level of the mecha gods w/o the Heavenly Breasts (at least that's how I'd want it to be). I wouldn't mind if Regalzerva sent the Keito Tenkai though. Like, it would be really weird if the boss gets defeated before his minions lol

Vampire Vamp said:
What Volume did Ingveld become Isseis queen
It's in Volume 1.

My Queen piece got closer to her side. As Ingvild received it, it sank down to her chest.

Devil wings then appeared from her back. Moreover, she had eight wings. Rias was astonished.

It would be horrible if Regalzerva is the "surprise" Ishibumi is referring to for the next volume

At least it's written that we only "Learn more about mysterious existance that appear in last Life of Shin 2"

I highly doub't ExE battles would be before Tournment end

Ionliosite said:
Is Shin 4 going to be a tournament volume or we have to wait for more?
No, Shin 4 is about final fight agains "Leaders of Hell" and also about Le Fay and bit of Irina (cause her family is in England now). Venue would be England.

Tournament volume most likely would be Volume 5 cause it's "most likely" (cause he said he could switch heroines) would be Ravel volume.

Best chance to show Ravel stratagy VS Diehauser stratagy

Volume 6 is about Elme-chan

Yeah. In Shin 3 "End Game" chapter he litteraly say that its time for him finally made his move. Angra-Mainyu also said that he will support Hades. And Verrine want to fight with Ise cause of he strong agains womans

Talking about the tournament, I wonder if Diehauser would be able to nullify Penetrate this time in Vol 5, but I hope not.

Also, the way Ishibumi talked about writing Cao Cao's matches makes it seem like he'll reach the semifinals. But as much as I like Cao Cao, I'd much prefer Vali vs Ruval. Still, Vali vs Tobio and Issei vs Indra are my dream match-ups for the knockout stage.

"Its just simple to show off the DxD cast on how they have grow in power prelude. It was a fun arcs but its like DxD version of Dragon Ball Super at this point."

That's selling the tournament way too short. At least the Azazel Cup has worked to advance and show off plenty of characters who needed it, not only in their strength, but as actual characters, as well as doing so to expand the world and with a reasonable motive for it.

Alot of people seems to think otherwise. I dont have a problem with the tournament being a motive for a proxy war, and showing off character that need it in general but its the power level thats screw up. I dont see other mythology being expanded on or the other thing. But thats compliment the tournament too much, it still had it flaw but is it bad? No but not good either.

The invasion arcs serms to be more interesting than this tournament arc.

Back