• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

So Tobio can cut through magical spells. Although Dulio does not use magic in a fight, this would seem to confirm that BxB Tobio would have an advantage in raw power if they get into a head-on fight since he can destroy Nyx's barrier.

It's in the Life 4 of Shin DxD 1. It says Canis Lykaon can cut through all physical things as well as spells. Also, I think Tobio cut through the thousands of spells Walburga set up with Canis Lykaon in V19 to prevent her magical teleportation. At least, that's how I interpret it since we're shown Tobio's swords after his statement to Walburga.

As for Dulio, he uses the power of light and Zenith Tempest in combat. Both have never been described as magic, as far as I remember.

Also, I wonder if Tobio could have taken Nyx alone. Guess it depends on whether he's a virgin?

It would be good if he and Millicas develop their own style of using the PoD like Ruin the Extinct and Extinguished Star.

Looking at the EX article in the DxD wiki, it says Gasper can time travel and observe parallel timelines on his own. But wasn't it Ajuka and Azazel that developed methods for those?

Might be a mistake, save for the parallel timeline observation one (I hadn't heard of anything similar to that, but Gasper is becoming a worthy disciple of Zelretch-sama if that's the case).

I was thinking Blazing Inferno is probably stronger than Infinity Blaster + Longinus Smasher? It seems to be restricted in the tournament.

No idea how it compares directly to Infinity Blaster or Longinus Smasher even separately, but I'm pretty sure the reason it is restricted is because of how difficult it would be to remove from a person hit by it, since it's pretty much impossible to put out. It's a serious issue for the retirement system of an attack keeps going even after you recall a contestant.

You're right. It could be that Blazing Inferno is stronger than the Infinity Blaster + Longinus Smasher combo or that its intensity combined with the difficulty in pulling it off makes it more dangerous than the likes of Vritra's flames. No idea, or it could also be that Issei doesn't want to risk them hitting and retiring his teammates due to their range and his inexperience, as in Volume 24 (even if this one was in a real battle rather than a RG).

Sairaorg vs Cao Cao is too short. We didn't even get to see Jeanne and she's one of the major members. :(

I wanted to see the normal abilities of Dreamlike Curse and any improvements Marsilio might have made, as well as Night Reflection and some others. Just feels bad.

My complaints would be that Guan Gong felt very underwhelming for being a supposed God-class. Kuisha was ok for her one highlight, but I still feel Dimension Lost is terribly underused.

I didn't like how Cao Cao didn't use any particular strategy, but the fight ultimately felt like a Dark Souls boss encounter with a low level character, so it was mostly ok for my particular tastes in that respect. Though I felt that both Cao Cao and Sairaorg had unreasonable ridiculous durability. Regulus is reincarnated as a Devil and Sairaorg is a natural born one, it's really uncomfortable to me how they could take so many attacks from an enhanced version of the most deadly holy item, and they even took one in normal BxB. And of course, there's the Cao Cao shield maneuver which has never made sense. Other than that, I think it wasn't that bad of a fight.

Overall though, the Game did feel super underwhelming. Most of the characters weren't used, and I really dislike how Heracles' Balance Breaker was changed for essentially just a stronger version of his base. Feel like Nero Raimondi again, but even worse since this time it already had a good enough BxB in the first place.

Yeah, he was barely shown. Though he's a god of commerce, so he probably counts as a non combat type. Actually, I would prefer to see the Hero Faction members rather than him. If Georg uses the standard ability of Dimension Lost, he could send opponents out of the Rating Game location. I'm not sure that's allowed, so he'd be left with confusing people and blocking attacks. Dimension Create is not useful for a Rating Game either, but maybe those barrier devices could help?

Touki does help Sairaorg against such abilities to an extent, but yeah True Longinus is the best so it's kinda weird. I just saw it as Sairaorg's crazy endurance and willpower; a normal Maou-class would have retired for sure after a few direct hits at most.

Exactly, it's likely because Ishibumi wrote Ise vs Sona in the same volume so he had to condense it massively. Normally, he should have explored the abilities of the other members of both teams more and their interactions. Yeah, I don't even like Nero's BxB, just an enhanced version with no additional abilities. Even then, unlike other Sacred Gears, I'm not even sure what exactly is enhanced about it. It just seemed like his base durability.

This is why I'm looking at Lavinia...I hope her BxB has something other than normal large scale flash freezing or I'll be disappointed since it's a Longinus. Right now, it feels like there's virtually no difference between Absolute Demise and Serafall's ice manipulation. Though they say Absolute Demise can freeze 'anything', so let's see.

I've always wondered by Georg doesn't do stuff like enveloping and teleporting someone's limbs away (in RG) or their heads (actual combat). Teleporting whatever the mist touches has plenty of offensive uses which haven't been used at all.

I guess the Touki explanation is alright, I suppose. I really hope Issei vs Sona at least has some fun interactions.

If Lavinia's BxB ends up being just an improvement, at least it should have some unique visual effect much like Tobio's. That would be good enough, although I still am hoping for something that has more variety, like making ice that is alive much like Tobio's dogs or Jeanne's dragon, just off the top of my head. Or something like Roygun's Crack that spreads over time.

Lol, that's brutal...

Yeah, it should.

Jin just gets shrouded in darkness and grows larger in BxB, right? If we go by this and other independent types, the ice princess might undergo a transformation too. Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Though, I wonder if it will affect Lavinia's appearance. What do you mean by the Crack example?

For the spoilers of Zero, it says Ajuka altered the calculations of Tsufaame's attacks so I wonder if it's possible he could have a limited application of Mathematics Manipulation?

*Applied manipulation of mathematics: The ability to manipulate real phenomenons by changing the mathematical rules through which they are described.

This part seems like what Ajuka can do with Kankara Formula.

Jin did grow to its current size and appearance when Tobio used BxB in Volume 1, but since it stayed as such afterward, it's a bit confusing as to whether it's a mark of BxB or of Ageha's seal being undone. But I like your idea of the Ice Princess transforming. I mean something like, say, if Lavinia's ice just grazed someone, it could continue to spread around their body on its own, like the Crack Roygun left on Lint which continued to grow over the match.

And that sounds almost exactly like how Kankara Formula is described, as vague as it is.

Hmm. Jin is big normally now, but it seems to be implied that he grew even bigger after Tobio used BxB in V24. I'll check it out again.

Oh. For me, I remember how it's said that the temperature around Lavinia drops after she brings out the ice princess. So I'd personally like if her BxB can lower the temperature around her until it reaches absolute zero. Though I'm not sure something like that will be allowed in a Rating Game anyway.

Those Grim Reapers Mitsuya beat in Volume 25, how strong are they? Mitsuya said they aren't Ultimate-class, so I'm wondering if he was referring to the Grim Reaper ranking or the general ranking. He also said they're high ranking Grim Reapers and I doubt he'd refer to Mid-class Grim Reapers in that manner.

Ise vs Sona game was actually such an onesided battle. As Sona thought Ravel don't want to defeat her team. Ravel want to destroy her team. Ravel truly scary woman.

Pretty much equal match. Indra team consist of him, 4 Heavenly Kings and Indra son - Arjuna. Mahabali team consist of him and Asura gods.

Asura gods has "battle mode" in which they have 6 arms.

Indra was fighting agains Mahabali 1 vs 1. Indra use "true" original Vajra - God Weapon that could manipulate lighting and with it he easily generate a thunderclouds that cover entire field. Mahabali could tank Indra's lightning from Vajra (with injures ofc) and also Mahabali has 6 gods weapon (6 unamed powerfull swords). According to Ise both "King's" could spam the attacks of the level of his Infinity Blaster. Ddraig said to him to believe more in himself since he already defeat Apophis, Rizevim and Vidar in armor and add that if things come worse he could come out himself and help Ise, but admire that have the opponents of Indra level would be troublesome even for him (Ddraig). Mahabali was able cut off one of Indra's arm but took on another Vajra lightning and retire.

So Mahabali has joined those in the top ten. I didn't think Ishibumi would add him there. That information means he's HD-class.

Also, those Vali x Genbu signals. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tbh, I'm not a fan of how Rudiger and Ravel do their thing. I think it's going too far for a Rating Game, but then again it depends on their motivations.

This stuff on Mahabali, and also accounting for Vidar, makes me think that perhaps the original Top 10 is done under an assumption that doesn't account for special equipment and such, which would allow for these characters to get to Top 10 level through their special equipment (Vidar's shoes and REB, and Mahabali's divine weapons). Still just conjecture, though.

Yes, but it could also be that Ishibumi didn't originally plan for the likes of Crom, Vidar, Balberith, etc, to be part of the list at first. The plot is expanding, so there's room for more inclusions. And judging by the afterword in Volume 25, we know Ishibumi's still researching on some mythological gods.

@Dragon

I don't really remember, though that's what was agreed upon. Might check it out again.

Yeah current top-10 (without those who in Isolation Field and ExE world) would be like that:

1. Great Red 2. Shiva 3. Balberith 4. Indra 5. Ise (P DxD G + Ddraig summon) 6. Crom Cruach 7. Ajuka Belzebub 8. Vali (DxD L) 9. Vidar (RAB) 10. Mahabali

Factoring those in the IBF, I would put Aten and Lugh at the bottom cause they have little hype and scaling compared to the others in the list. Also, the top ten doesn't really seem like a 'top ten' anymore, lol. Hard to know Balberith's exact placing for now, but I'd also put him just below Shiva. I would not place Crom a tier above the Heavenly Dragons as they're shown to be more or less equivalent, with Crom having an advantage in base raw power, but not enough to put him an entire tier above them. Here's my own opinion:

- Prime Ophis, Great Red, 666

- Shiva

- Brahma, Vishnu, Balberith

- Indra, Mahabali with the special weapons

- Ise, Vali, Crom, Ddraig, Albion, REB Vidar, Sirzechs, Ajuka, Apophis, Azi Dahaka

- Typhon, Fenrir, Thor, Vidar with the Mystical Boots

- Hades, Aten, Lugh

Am I missing anyone? Though I'm wondering I should place Mahabali in the HD-class bracket instead, seeing as he seemingly retired after just a few attacks from Indra. Oh, well.

Let's see if Abyss Side Tobio will give DxD Vali a decent fight and make the list.

Back