• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Though I'd want Roygun to make her cover debut in a main volume, like Ise vs Diehauser since she very likely knows more about him than Ravel could in a relatively short window of time. Honestly, Diehauser should dominate the match regardless. I'd be willing to say his team would make Ise's look very bad without Roygun.

So I don't mind Le Fay taking the DX.5 cover.

So, how do you think Shin DxD 3 will go? I hope for Vali vs Wukong and more UL stuff, but my main concern is Erebus probably invading Kyoto. It's impossible for the second years to handle a God-class and two above Maou-class opponents that can evolve into Super Devils at any time.

My hopes for illustrations are:

- Kunou (and/or Yasaka) for the cover.

- Gasper Balor (I know it won't happen, don't @ me >_>)

- Erebus (solo)

- Sonneillon and Gressil in a joint illustration.

If we get to see Vali's match, then I want to see an illustration of EJOD or DxD L. Other stuff I hope to see is more info on the Denpachi main cast and of course, Tobio beating Dulio. :)

Doubles power every ten seconds in its base state, and can transfer the multiplied power to objects and people to enhance their effects and capabilities. Raynare initially mistook it for a standard Twice Critical that doubles power only once.

Scan 1

"I was told that your Sacred Gear was a dangerous one before from the higher-ups, but it looks like they were totally wrong!"

The Fallen Angel starts to laugh as if she found it amusing.

What? What's so funny?

"Your Sacred Gear is one of the common ones. It's called the [Twice Critical]. It doubles the power of the possessor for a temporally time, but having you double your power is not a threat to me. Truly, a fitting object for a low-class Devil like you."

The ability that doubles the possessor's power? Is that the power of my Sacred Gear?
Scan 2

"Sacred Gear! Activate! You can double my power, right!? Then activate!"

Then the jewel on the gauntlet starts to glow.

[Boost!!]

A sound is made. Next moment, I felt power flowing into me.

Is this what it means to double my powers!?

Yeah! With this—!

STAB

A nasty sound. Something stabs my stomach.

The spear of light. She threw at me, again.

"Even if your power is doubled, you can't even evade this small spear I made. Even if the power of 1 is doubled, it's only 2. You can't narrow the power gap between us. Do you understand now, low-class Devil-kun?"

"I will explain it so even a dummy like you can understand. It's a simple power difference. I have a power of 1000. You have a power of 1. You can't shorten the gap between us no matter what. Even with the ability of that Sacred Gear, the power doubled is only 2. It's futile! How can you win against me!? Ahahahahahahaha!"
But it was later revealed to be the Boosted Gear of legend that can double power every ten seconds.

Scan 1

Buchou says it quietly.

"Fallen Angel Raynare. This boy, Hyoudou Issei's Sacred Gear isn't a regular Sacred Gear. That's why you lost."

Raynare has a puzzled face after hearing Buchou.

"—[Boosted Gear], a Sacred Gear that is said to be the rarest of the rare. The Red Dragon mark on the gauntlet is the evidence. Even you have heard of that name before, right?"

After listening to Buchou, Raynare puts on a very shocked expression.

"B-Boosted Gear…… One of the [Longinus] …… Even though it's for a temporarily time, it's said that it has the power to surpass Maous and God…… Are you telling me that hateful power is possessed in a boy like this!?"

"If it's just like the legend is told, then the ability of the [Boosted Gear] can double the power of the possessor every 10 seconds. Even if his power starts from 1, it doubles his power every 10 seconds, and it can reach the power of the leader-class Fallen Angels and High-class Devils. And by mastering it, he could even kill God."

Are you serious, Buchou!? I can defeat God!?

…… So that's the power of my Sacred Gear.

There is a mark of a Red Dragon carved into my gauntlet.

So the reason why it kept on saying "Boost, Boost" is because it was doubling my power. So that's why my power kept on increasing inside me.

So the reason why Raynare was scared of me is because I had attained a power that surpasses her without realising it.
It's shown and mentioned many times, but here are a couple of others.

Scan 1

So do I have a value of 8 [Pawn] pieces then?

"When I found out, I decided to definitely make you into my servant. But I couldn't find the reason for a while. But now I'm convinced. The Sacred Gear that is said to be supreme. Because it was you, Ise, who possess the [Boosted Gear] which is said to be one of the supreme Sacred Gears, the [Longinus], therefore it had that much value."

I look at my left arm.

The red gauntlet. A insane embodiment of power which doubles my power every 10 seconds.

Depending on how you use it, it's said that it can even kill God.

This Sacred Gear is something which is too good for me, but it can't be helped since its residing in me.
Scan 2

Hey Yakitori-guy! I will just beat the crap out of you with my Boosted Gear!"

My Boosted Gear that I am so proud of! It doubles my power every 10 seconds, and after a while, I can even defeat a God!

"We don't need to have a game! I will just take you all down, right here, right now!"

[Boost!!]

The sound came from the jewel located on the gauntlet, and at the same time my body gets overflowed with strength! It's the proof that my power has doubled! My strike that even defeated the Fallen Angel, taste it with your own body!
Scan 3

"All of your ability is already cracked. A Sacred Gear that keeps on doubling the power of the user, the [Boosted Gear]. Also it seems like you gained a new ability that can transfer the multiplied power into an object or your allies."
Scan 4

[Boost!]

It made a red glow and a gauntlet appeared on my left arm. It also made a sound at the same time and increased my power. My Sacred Gear has the ability to double my power every 10 seconds. It's also possible to transfer the boosted power to someone or something. I just have to activate my Sacred Gear beforehand. If she did something before that then I couldn't have done a thing. Irina and Xenovia seemed shocked after seeing my Sacred Gear.
Scan 5

"My name is Albion."

[Divide!]

I heard the sound, and the aura around Kokabiel got reduced immediately. Half of the spears of light in the sky also vanished.

"One of the abilities of my "Divine Dividing". It halves the power of those I touch every 10 seconds. Your power will become my power. You don't have time! If you don't defeat me quickly, you will become so weak that you can't even beat a human."

…Just like in the legend. The ability of the Sekiryuutei doubles the power of the possessor and can transfer it to others. The ability of the Hakuryuukou takes the power of their opponents and makes it theirs. With the remaining wings, Kokabiel tried to go towards the Vanishing-Dragon, Albion.
Scan 6

[Divide!]

I heard a voice from the Hakuryuukou's gauntlet, and my power instantly vanished. Did he halve my power!? Was it activated from the blow I received to my chest before!?

[Boost!]

However, I also activated my own Sacred Gear and my power was restored.

[Partner, the power that was halved was restored by my power, but the Vanishing Dragon's other ability is troublesome.]

Ddraig, what do you mean?

[That guy halves his opponent's power, and then adds the decreased portion of power to himself. In other words, your power is taken away and turned into his own power. Stamina can't be recovered. It's only power to the end.]
In the Balance Breaker state which amplifies the power of all Sacred Gears and gives new abilities, the ten second stipulation is overridden and he can double his power as much as he wants, so long as his body can handle the increased power. Like this:

Scan 1

[Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!]
Of course, there can be limitations to such an ability. Boost itself doesn't have a weakness or theoretical limitation. It's entirely dependant on how much power the possessor's body can contain before it gives out due to the excess power.

Scan 1

I make my Boosted Gear appear on my left arm just like Buchou orders me to.

"Boost!"

[Boost!!]

The Sacred Gear makes a sound at my words, and I can feel the power coming into my body. With this my power has doubled.

Ten seconds later.

[Boost!!]

My power doubles again. The power I can feel from my Sacred Gear runs through my body.

It's all right that my power is getting doubled, but there are things that I need to keep in mind when I use my Boosted Gear.

You may think there are no limits to my powers increasing, but the truth is that isn't the case. Once I activated my Boosted Gear to see how far I can increase my power but after a few minutes I fainted. The reason is simple. My body can't handle the power as it increases more. When I asked Buchou afterwards,

"For example think that you are a truck. What will happen if you carry more package than the truck can carry? It won't move right? That's how it is."

That's how she explained to me.

The package equals my powers that are doubling. If the quantity of package keeps on doubling, then the truck will decrease in speed and by the end it won't move.

So in other words if the power gets too big, then it puts stress on my body. That's why I fainted. My body which is a vessel won't be able to withstand the increased power.

That's what happened when I activated it for a few minutes. The jewel in the gauntlet made a sound which said [Burst], then my body got heavier and it felt like all my senses froze.

Even if there are no limits to the Sacred Gear, the user which is me in this case does have limits. That's my Sacred Gear's weakness.

Well, it's more like my weakness. It's not the Sacred Gear's fault.
Ise also had a few weaknesses at the beginning as he was the weakest Boosted Gear wielder in history with zero talent, but they're essentially nonexistent now that he's gotten training and experience with his power. For example, when he's doubling his power in early volumes, he had to make sure he doesn't get hit, attack or run around excessively / needlessly or he could lose the power built up.

Now his body can handle quite a lot of Boosts even when he's already exhausted from the burden of Pseudo DxD. Burst hasn't happened in forever. Maybe since like Volume 4? I'm not sure.

FB IMG 15512937369631168
FB IMG 15512948303405114
someone show this(from vol 4,and 7) and claim vali should be sol and since issue fight me he should be ftl, is this legit? Or outlier?and why?

Nah, it's a hyperbole. Just to depict how fast he's moving and it shouldn't be taken literally. Ishibumi no longer uses those anyway.

What would count as an SoL feat? Just curious because I remember Liban Crocell in Volume 10 having the time to pull out a mirror and reflect a flash of light from Rossweisse before it reached him, and Yuuto also mentioned Vali as moving as fast as light (not saying it's not hyperbole, I'm just curious as to where the line is drawn for something to be reliable).

Reacting to it like that is generally Sub-Relativistic to Relativistic+. If you dodge it by a distance, it can be FTL. Other things that can yield FTL results are quickly traversing interstellar distances or perceiving light or lightning as frozen in motion. It's rare to see a flat SoL rating without reliable statements; it's more likely to get sub-light or FTL speeds from dodging light.

I do wish there was a legit lightspeed feat though. All we have is Issei being able to blitz people who where faster then him at the time he blitzed Sairaorgs queen.

It just occurred to me that Ingvild could be the new Leviathan in the new Maou system.

Lucifer = Vali.

Satan = Issei.

Beelzebub = Ajuka.

Asmodeus = Sairaorg? Millicas?

Belial = Diehauser.

Belphegor = Roygun.

Leviathan = Ingvild.

Mammon = Sairaorg? Millicas?

Erebus probably invading Kyoto. It's impossible for the second years to handle a God-class and two above Maou-class opponents that can evolve into Super Devils at any time.

I am actually try to figure how Ishi made Erebus, Sonneilon and Gresil are just a little troublesome since whole ORC is going in Kyoto with second year + Rias and Akeno.

If Erebus as strong as his sister and don't develop anything agains Ise as Nyx, Ise trash all this trio alone. Sonneilon and Gresil is in league of Diehauser/Grayfia/Current CxC Ise so they have no chances agains Pseudo DxD G. I am not even mention Ddraig summoning lol

How do you guys think a match between Vali's team and Typhon's team (at the time of Volume 25) would have turned out? I tried to think of what possible battles could have turned out in such, but it still came out with Vali's disadvantage due to lack of members. What do you think?

I agree. Vali Team would have lost the match, considering REB Vidar is HD-class. He'd be able to preoccupy Vali for long enough. Brynhildr and the Valkyrie Squad can hold off Kuroka and Le Fay. Then we have Apollon, Artemis, and Typhon vs Bikou, Arthur, Gogz, and the second gen Zhu Bajie and Sha Wujing. So a Chief God, a Maou-class character, and a top ten character vs a bunch of Ultimate-class and High-class opponents without any notable cheat-like ability that could help them. Yeah, that's a stomp.

Could be better if Arthur still had Ruler, but Vali would still lose.

Ah, I forgot about Fenrir, but he'd certainly lose to Typhon after a while without his full power. Apollon and Artemis are enough for the rest of the Vali Team.

Well actually Vali would have problem. If Ddraig solo trash Typhon and Apollo when Vali in DxD L easily do same. But real problem is Vidar. If Vali doesn't take him on self when Vidar destroy whole Vali team very fast and when Vali would be in disadvantage and lose.

So Vali took Vidar and defeat him since DxD L >= Pseudo DxD G. But that won't be easy for Vali so later would be almost exhaust.

Typhon 80% could take on Typhon for some time with help of one of teammattes but surely lose.

And rest of Vali team not strong enough to take on Apollo and Artemis.

P.S. according to DX.5 spoilers of Ishibumi Vali would take new team member but he has only 3x pawn position's so it turns out that member won't be really strong (unless he begun switch positions like Ise). I wonder is it Genbu Domon....?

What's the name of Shigune's SG? From what I could make out, it can eat anything including magic and Sacred Gears (?).

And one of the oni Akeno can summon appears in Slash Dog 3 (?). It can be pretty hard to understand things with Google Translate.

I don't think Shigune's Sacred Gear has a name revealed save for its Evil Fiend name, much like Natsume's and Kouki's. If you're asking for the Four Fiend name, Shigune's is Taotie (Chinese pinyin) or Toutetsu (Japanese romaji).

Which of the two oni? Ibaraki or Ura?

Ah, okay.

Hmm, I don't remember. Let me check again. Though I remember seeing something about another possessor of a fiend, which would have to be Konton. He's a second year student with top grades and popular with the girls. The text makes it seem as though he had something to do with Satanael; I'm not sure if it's directly or indirectly. It also mentioned something about Augusta, iirc. Perhaps he was somehow involved in the fight against her.

Ok, just checked. It's Ura. Said to have a body of six meters in length just like Shin 2. I can't really make out the details of its origin, but it says something about being revived by Oz and having a burning hatred for dogs for some reason. It seems like he went to attack Jin or Tobio along with some other demons and instantly melted the ice of Absolute Demise. Pretty good, considering Lavinia can face off against Incinerate Anthem. Though he loses his will to fight for some reasons and collapses due to fatigue. Afterwards, he's under the control of the Great Buddha. It ends with a statement that he forms a contract with Akeno and "Usagi" in DxD.

Dunno what or who Usagi is referring to.

The user of Hundun/Konton is Hyousuke Koga, who uses the black dog "Blitz" who can control and weaponize its hair. I think he's the reason they thought Tobio was a Four Fiend user in Volume 1. He is with the Abyss Team iirc so yeah, he is under Satanael.

No idea either who "Usagi" would be, but it does remind me that Eastern mythology has mentions of the "Moon Rabbit", with "usagi" being a japanese word for "rabbit". Unless it's written differently, that is.

I'm not sure if he's a legit member; something might be up with that. His entry seems to imply that he fights against Oz - I assume Augusta - and the Abyss Team, and decides to act alone if he survives the battle against Augusta. Maybe he left the team. Ah well, we'll find out eventually.

Yes. I'm curious about it as I never saw anything about Usagi in the spoilers.

Back