• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Burning Full Fingers said:
What's the name of Shigune's SG? From what I could make out, it can eat anything including magic and Sacred Gears (?).
And one of the oni Akeno can summon appears in Slash Dog 3 (?). It can be pretty hard to understand things with Google Translate.
In Illustration with short discribing of Shigune written that it could eat anything starting from tehniques of it opponents up to different abilities.

Has anyone done a recent thorough re-read of the series? I was going to for another battleboard cause I read the earlier volumes way before I got into this hobby, so feats and stuff just went over my head then.

i feel like i'm doing this wrong. reading slash/dog without being that far in the main novel (dxd) makes me feel like i'm missing a lot of things, or am i? tobio's sacred gear being a mix of 2 myth is cool though

Ishibumi did say you can read Slash Dog first, lol. But yeah, I think it's better to read DxD first.

Feats and statements? I remember some of them for sure, though I might not have a perfect recollection. Not that Low 6-B Maou-class statement stuff, I think that's retconned.

Low / Mid-class
There's not really anything for people with this level of power. However, if we count the Volume 1 Slash Dog protags, I think they'd be at this level of power, with the exception of BxB Tobio and Lavinia of course. So:

• Kouki piercing through the floor of a building.
  • Jin destroying multiple three meter tall clay dolls, whose arms alone are nearly as thick as telephone poles.
  • Natsume's Griffon mangaged to cut off the arm of one of the aforementioned clay dolls. The evolved Griffon can casually destroy them, blew off the roof of a factory and destroyed a bunch of cultivation tanks.
  • Kouki's evolved Byakusa destroyed half of the body of one and fried another with its electricity from the inside out.
High-class

• Volume 2 Issei putting a large hole in a mountain. Rias described it to be the firepower of a High-class devil. Later on, even though he was holding back his power so that he wouldn't ruin Rias' strategy, he completely destroyed a tennis court and the other sports grounds in the vicinity.
  • A drunk Rose destroying a town.
  • Volume 9 Xenovia's feat done with Durandal Cannon. She destroyed...I'm not sure what she destroyed, but we don't get to see the full size of the crater, and Xenovia said she adjusted the power of the attack so it's likely higher.
  • BxB Issei easily destroying a mountain without meaning to, to the extent that it's described to have vanished entirely. I wouldn't scale him to normal High-class devils because Issei's shown to be a particularly strong one.
  • BxB Issei splitting a sea with Dragon Shot. No specifications, unfortunately.
Also, Akeno and Kuisha were destroying large towers with their normal magic and Akeno's lightning destroyed a host of them. Georg created a replica of Kyoto, but I'm not sure where to place him as he blocked Xenovia's aforementioned Durandal Cannon.

(Akeno also destroyed a gymnasium in V2, though she couldn't use that attack repeatedly)

Ultimate-class

• Star Buster's Pawn lifting and throwing small mountains / mountaintops.
  • Star Buster's Bishop burning the surface of an entire island.
  • Ajuka's servant creating a dimension with an island, lakes, and mountains.
  • Galvaldan can destroy a mountain according to Azazel.
  • Triana Issei destroying the city despite the dimension being constructed to be particularly sturdy. It might be higher since Issei unusually mentioned vaporization and it did not sound like a boast iirc.
There are such things like BxB Sairaorg and CxC Issei shaking the Rating Game field, which is Agreas (described as a large / gigantic floating island). Though I don't know if they shook the whole thing.

Maou-class

• Ruma Idra can tear off mountains.
  • (Boosted) CxC Issei destroying a small mountain with the shock wave of his punch.
  • Xenovia destroying a large portion of a large island. I don't know if current Xenovia is Maou-class without Cross x Crisis though...
  • Juggernaut Drive users destroying mountains and islands.
  • Serafall can bust mountains with ease and is stated to be capable of destroying an entire island with a single shot of her demonic energy if she were to get serious.
  • The first generation Maou using their power to levitate Agreas. Their tech is there so they might have used that to levitate it, IDK.
  • The statement that Dulio can manipulate the weather of a country. It's not similar to the Low 6-B statement for Maou-class in the earlier volumes; it's stated several times that Longinus can work on a country wide scale. Though it's nerfed by recent storm revisions. :(
God-class (Combat Type)

• Star Buster easily erasing several islands with his rifle without Balance Breaker, which would be a pretty significant powerup considering Star Buster Star Blaster is geared entirely towards raw power. His sword can cause an entire island to shake.
  • Trihexa's split bodies can one-shot mountains, islands, lakes, and forests with their fire breaths.
  • Nyx easily destroying Rose's barrier that spanned an entire island.
(Lower) Transcendental-class

• Rizevim could have destroyed Agreas.
Top Te

• Vali casually destroying a 5000m tall mountain. It was stated to have "disappeared instantly" in the Japanese raws.
  • Vali's Satan Lucifer Smasher tearing through the mountains in a mountain range, with the attack travelling to the edge of the horizon. It turned the area into a barren wasteland.
  • Pseudo DxD Issei's Infinity Blaster annihilating the majority of a mountainous terrain filled with towering mountains, valleys, rivers, and trees. The area is described to be completely barren after the attack.
  • Pseudo DxD Issei and Ddraig's attack dwarfing an entire island (got it from a spoiler though).
  • Azi Dahaka's magic dwarfing the sky above a mountain range.
  • Ddraig hollowing out a portion of the fake Yggdrasil, which is described to be big enough to pierce through the clouds.
  • Ddraig's fire breath covering the entire sky of a Rating Game field that contained several large islands.
  • Crom's attack creating a colossal hole both in the middle of the sea and also the sky.
  • Typhon easily changing the weather of a large island in a single attack. His control over the weather is a few levels above Dulio's, who can manipulate the weather of a country. **** those storm revisions.
  • Sirzechs destroying half of an island while holding back his power.
  • Sirzechs' transformation shaking the Realm of the Dead and cracking its walls even though they were constructed to be particularly durable. Unfortunately, its size is unknown.
  • Scale Mail Loki's attack would have caused the world map to be carved and repainted.
  • Counter Balance Azazel bisects the same attack with a simple swing of his trident, with the resulting shock wave bisecting the ocean. Note that there was a limiter on Azazel's armour.
  • Simple sweeps from Scale Mail Loki and Counter Balance Azazel were splitting the sea, grinding mountains a distance away, and freezing the surface of the ocean.
Unknowns
I'll categorize them like this because of some uncertainties.

• Lavinia freezing a small country with Absolute Demise at her maximum capacity. Dunno if this is referring to the normal ice princess or her Balance Breaker state, but I'd say I don't see Lavinia being God-class for now. It's not a hyperbole because it was stated in a normal way by the narration, and it's consistently stated that some other Longinus can work on the scale of countries. True Longinus, Zenith Tempest, Annihilation Maker, Dimension Lost.
  • In Slash Dog 3, it's stated that three legendary youkai can destroy Japan quickly if they're unsealed. The spoilers say "in an instant", but hey, let's wait for the actual translation.
  • Neried Kyrie manipulating the sea / ocean.
  • True Longinus being stated to destroy a country. How it would do this is currently unknown. Maybe with a super large blast of light?
  • Annihilation Maker destroying a small country in "mere hours". Azazel said Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing are ahead in raw power, so I would assume Prime Ddraig and Albion can do better.
  • Ajuka creating a dimension the size of the Australian continent. Timeframe and all that jazz is unknown.
Dragon God-class
Well, you know how this is. Planet destruction hype but no concrete feats. I'd attribute this to Ishibumi's apparent reluctance to show country level damage, since they say destroying a country would change the balance of the whole world and gods also don't want this because they exist as a result of humans.

Melvazoa, Regalzerva, and Seraselbes also have the Earth destruction statement, as seen here -----> https://jerutz.wordpress.com/high-school-dxd-ex/top-secret/. Never mind that if you know about them already.

These are all I can remember, currently.

Quotes for DX.5 are out! It seems like it'll contain Dark History of the Hakuryuukou. If I'm not forgetting, that was highly voted for in zxzxzx's blog. It seems to be referring to Vali's chuunibyou history. Also the stuff about Vali recruiting a new member like Vergil said, the first appearance of the Unknown Dictator possessor, among many others.

Damn, I can't wait....

Hmm. I saw that he made a deal with witches to deal with Canis Lykaon since he's been mostly inactive for several years, which is similar to what the spoilers say. He ended up losing with a satisfied look on his face and is now under the control of the Great Buddha, who he doesn't like; that's what I saw with Google Translate.

It's possible it's referring to his allies in the whole issue in V3 though.

About Dragon Gods and 666, do they need nutritional sustenance? Great Red predominantly swims through the dimensional gap which is a realm of nothingness, without the need for food and water. Same for infinite Ophis.

As for 666, it has gone for thousands of years without any sort of nutrition iirc. Unlike Sirzechs and the others who are still receiving supplies, it's pretty much doomed to stay in the IBF for hundreds to thousands of years without any food or water.

So I think they should get Self-Sustenance (Type 2)?

It's a fake moon, I'd say. It might look hard to determine, but Ajuka did create a dimension with two objects that looked like moons in the sky.

They also adjusted the flow of time to match that of the human world. Maybe with tech?

About Dragon God class feats:

1. Trihexa destroy half of Heaven's that has one flour with immense sized what they themself don't know there it's ended.

2. Trihexa wiped out whole Grigori territory with surrounding terrain. Fallen Angels territory shouldn't be much lesser than Devils but Azazel say most of territory not used and they just sell that land for different purposes.

3. I should reread this first but I remember Surzechs stated that prime Ophis could manipulate entire Jigen no Hazama (Dimensional Gap) what could lead to a problems of world scale.

Also Maou class actually divided on two types:

First Devil Kings

Current Devil Kings.

In Zero stated that Serafall, Grayfia, Falbium, Sirzechs and Ajuka posses a power surpassing original Devil Kings. Only this 4 + Rizivem among Devils could penetrate Falbium special ability (Super Barrier) + there are feats that display difference between First and Current Devil King class for example battle between Barakiel and Issei in CxC. Ise was overwelming and in terms of power Barakiel acnologed that he is completly no match for Ise and later Ise defeating him in exhaust stated after Infinity Blaster. Current Devil King could fight and defeat non battle type Gods (thanks for having more exp of combat and same power)

Ruma Idra actually those Current Devil King class since he is equal or stronger than Azazel in Fafnir Armor. And with Main body he should be even higher and his attacks could destroy target beyound Dimensional and time and space. Could erase a history events.

Cool. Yeah, Third Heaven should be pretty damn big.

Plus Barakiel had a rage boost in that match, based on the Akeno issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruma is lower God-class.

Is the statement about Absolute Demise freezing a small country referring to the base ice princess or Lavinia's Balance Breaker? A top tier Longinus like Zenith Tempest apparently needs the Balance Breaker, so I'd assume it's the same for Lavina, for now.

I asked someone what the result for freezing a small country like Japan would be like, and I was told it'd be around (High) 6-C to 6-B using the method here. So (Large) Island level or Country level Lavinia? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Let's wait and see how strong she is at full power first, anyway.

No, I dont think its really BxB because it doesnt state that it needed to be in BxB in order to have it country freezing power (V21). If that was the case then it woukd have included in the word balance breaker in the statement somewhat.

I believe that Lavinia at fullpower is Ultimate Class Devil.

I think she'd be Ultimate-class in base and at least Maou-class with Balance Breaker. Like, I don't think her magic alone would be weaker than that of Kuroka and Le Fay.

Hmm. At least, I don't think the human world will be destroyed. The ExE world doesn't sound like it's completely destroyed yet; it's just stated that the damage caused by Melvazoa's forces has reached unprecedented levels. I would assume this is referring to the Ragou Shichiyou, Invade Fanatics, Keito Tenkai, and Seraselbes' divinities at least.

I'm uncertain about Melvazoa's level of personal involvement along with his siblings. It doesn't even seem like he has personally interacted with Adult Ise yet.

Though world destruction is only for Dragon God-class anyway. I wouldn't put much stock in the statements of Ddraig and Annihilation Maker at its full potential destroying the world. It uses "World", which can refer to certain factions and territories, like Romania in V12.

"How do you think Melvazoa's time manipulation is? I think it's time reversal or time travel to undo his death." I believe it would be all around time manipulation. Time travel, time acceleration and stagnation, and so on. Just making my guess based on it being left up pretty vague and general.

If Ishibumi uses "õ©ûþòî" then I'm pretty sure he refers to "the world" as in the planet. High-balling it could end up referring to the human world and also adding all of the mythological worlds to that. However, this still doesn't specify whether a Dragon God-class can destroy the world in one single full power attack if they put their mind to it, or if they could destroy the world over time due to the fact the rest of the existing beings are not strong enough to stop them from doing so (Same goes for Melvazoa and his siblings). There's also the issue that the size of Evie x Etoulde is unknown.

With this in mind, however, I am also pretty sure Ishibumi won't ever show world-destroying feats simply because DxD's narrative is impossible to maintain with such a thing taking place, considering the supernatural being kept secret would be affected by such, and there's seemingly no DB-esque plot device to handle such amounts of damage. It's way too troublesome to deal with without Ishibumi dragging on with the series a certain amount.

Exactly, that's why it isn't easy for him to show destruction on such a massive scale.

In case someone misunderstands my statement, I'm saying Ddraig claiming he can destroy the "World" a few times over doesn't necessarily mean he's talking about the whole planet, since "World" has been used to refer to Romania before.

For Dragon God-class, it's pretty obvious that they're talking about Earth as a whole + Heaven and the Underworld.

Ishibumi use the Kanji for "Earth" as planet in raw.

I more like ability of "influence on himself in parallel worlds" (õ©ªÞíîõ©ûþòîÒü«Þç¬Þ║½Òü½Õ╣▓µ©ëÒüºÒüìÒéï). Actually it means he is multiverse level existance (not AP is multiversal just range of his ability)

You have to wonder how they can permanently kill Melvazoa. His defensive techs seem pretty broken for DxD and we don't even know his offensive techs yet.

I was thinking it's possible Ise could weaken him and then Rose creates a special seal for him where he can't use his powers, but he's probably going to die permanently somehow.

Breast power is going to be haxxed if it kills him. Though Chichigami should also have control over breasts, so it's a bit weird that she can't kill him (assuming Ise kills Melvazoa with the heavenly breasts).

I don't think Melvazoa will be killed. I'm pretty sure they will either just seal him or otherwise prevent or convince him to pull out of attacking the DxD world. I don't think Ishibumi would have mentioned him having such a hax immortality ability if he planned on him being killed. His siblings are a different matter, though. Their power being on par with him might mean they have similar hax or might be a statement on offensive power, but I don't know.

I do think having such an opponent that cannot be normally defeated has the potential to be rather creative and meaningful in its solution. Knowing Ishibumi, he could even solve the Melvazoa debacle with the Heavenly Breasts in a way similar to how the Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing past possessors were convinced with breasts and panties lol.

That would be hilarious. Also like how the Evil Dragons were clapping at Fafnir's "cooking show", lmao.

I think he will either die or be sealed. His siblings are more likely to die. I doubt they have his hax as that part seems to focus on Melvazoa.

Anyone know where it's stated that Evil Dragons > Dragon Kings? I see people claim this several times but I don't remember when it was stated that they have better specs, just that they're more vicious and tenacious.

I haven't yet checked in all the volumes ever since their appearance, but the closest I have found right now is that Grendel was stated to be equal to or superior to a Dragon King-class;

""B-But, it's my first time fighting a legendary Dragon!"

"It's the same for me. I fought against those fake Midgardsormrs and baby Fenrirs in the battle against Loki...but no matter how you look at him, he is Dragon King-class or higher!"

Yeah, it was exactly like what Xenovia said. This Dragon, it was emitting an aura of a Dragon King or higher. The man wearing the robe said it under this tense atmosphere."

Ise kinda confirms that he's superior to Dragon Kings later, though I don't think all major Evil Dragons are as strong as Grendel, based on their showings. Ddraig said the resurrected Grendel's fireball was stronger than the one from the past, so he must have gotten a boost from Sephiroth Graal.

That would be odd, however. Sephiroth Graal has shown to remove weak points and add Regenerationn, so improve resilience, but as far as I know it hasn't shown any offensive improvements. Ddraig wasn't the one to kill Grendel, so it's likely Grendel just became stronger normally since they fought. Like Crom Cruach training but in a much lesser manner.

Comparing Grendel to the other Evil Dragons, we cannot talk about Yamata no Orochi due to it never being fought as a whole, only as halves. Next would be Ladon, who was naturally resilient and with his barriers was even more resilient than Grendel, who is particularly durable according to Ddraig, and he also had the technique and reaction speed to keep (Volume 17) CxC out of battle for as long as he wanted had Sairaorg and others not arrived. I would say he's comparable to Grendel, but I don't remember any particular offensive showings on his part. Then there would be Niddhoggr who got beaten quite heavily by CxC and CED Rias, though he was taking it pretty casually. He might very well be the weakest. And then there's the top three who are clearly on another level (Apophis, Azi Dahaka and Crom Cruach), and finally Vritra if he can be counted, who was roughly comparable to the Ultimate-class level Yasaka.

With this, they seem pretty spread-around, but with Tiamat being up to now only stated to be Satan-class, it does seem that the Evil Dragon group would be considered stronger as a whole.

Hmm.

Yeah, Ladon has zero offensive showings, he just has really good defense. Nidhoggr is the weakest for sure, he has the worst feats compared to the others. I'd probably put Yamata no Orochi in the same realm of power as Grendel. Rose's defensive magic could not properly handle his power and it could block assaults from Grendel. But his defense is weak so he relies on Regenerationn, so I'd say he has the weakest defense. Vritra is weird, lol. I wonder if he had a case of split personalities, since he's a Dragon King and Evil Dragon at the same time.

I still think its kind of consistent that Evil Dragon are above Dragon King.

And going back to Telos Karma a bit, wouldn't changed a weapon state into a bad maintenance be more on Causality side? Someone in Reddit brought this up.

IDK, hax can be a bit hard to judge sometimes. Vergil brought up the causality manipulation based on that too as well, iirc.

In my understanding, the generally used terms for it such as "Probability" or "Luck" manipulation seem a bit inaccurate. "Probability" and "Luck" are both dependent on existing factors and circumstances playing out in ways that are either "likely" or "unlikely".

However, Ryuuta mentioned Telos Karma as creating results that are "impossible", rather than just "unlikely". This is supported by Mitsuya breaking the Grim Reaper's scythe, since I highly doubt "luck" or "probability" can make it so that a weapon in a normal state is suddenly badly maintained. That seems far more like "Causality" manipulation to me.

Back