• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #2

I can't do it rn because I'm on mobile but on the dxd wiki you can see the light novel images and dxd Hero images and they look pretty similar

You know animation quality can differ from episode to episode. And yeah, you'd just need to use Google and you'll find plenty of people that prefer Passione's art style, including those that initially disliked it. Of course, there will always be salty peeps so that's why I said you can't satisfy everyone.

If you look at some discussions comparing both art styles, there's more proof that the art style of the fourth season is closer to the light novel's. One thing that convinced me is a colored illustration of one image in Volume 22 where Rias and Akeno are naked and Issei's touching their boobs. It looked waaaay more similar to the art style of the fourth season. And really, the one person I'm sure that TNK got better than Passione is Sairaorg. Even Miyama's latest illustrations for Sairaorg look more similar to TNK's.

I initially didn't like the current art style, but I'm now used to it and I don't think it really looks that bad. Everyone can have their own opinions and I still have my gripes with it, but I'm not gonna whine anymore. The ecchi illustrations fit more with the current art style too. I never was a particular fan of the ecchi art using TNK's style. The blush looks excessive sometimes and makes the image kinda awkward. But I feel the blush fits much better with Passione's style.

I probably can't formulate a proper opinion on it without watching the fourth season, which is not going to happen anytime soon to say the least.

@Firephoenixearl Nitpicking bad frames could easily be done for the previous artwork, you know? And TNK didn't have animation of enough quality to make up for it

Vali Team talking to Issei

Nitpicking transitional frames doesn't really help, it only makes your position look weaker. And you just need to look at characters such as Riser, Sairaorg to see how the artstyle of Passione is closer and of higher quality. Not to count the immense advantage it has in actual animation.

Life 0 of Shin DxD 1 is up! :)

I don't think I can stop myself from reading it...especially when the next update is apparently going to be in three weeks.

The Malebranche are autonomous weapons made by the Original Maou, inspired by the Sacred Gear and especially Longinus. They are like life forms, but they can also apparently transform into weapons to be used. They were made during the Great War but never used because they were too strong and unstable, and the Maou feared that even if they won the war with them, they would be unable to contain them afterwards.

Indeed, I'd like for the Malebranche to come back into reckoning in the current timeline. You know there are going to be important changes in the world of devils soon, and there's bound to be a faction of devils that want to resist those changes so they could use the weapons to support their cause.

Volume 2 cover is out and I have to say Akeno looks damn good. Better than I've ever seen her. Forget the sultry pics, this is the real deal for me. Vergil's prediction was right. Actually, both of us were right since I predicted Ingvild and she also appears in the cover.

So I choose Kunou for Volume 3.

Why isnt this on Typhoon profile?

"Every time he performed an attack, the atmosphere around him shivered and caused a strange weather phenomenon inside the field as if he could control a storm."

It really demonstrate the insane level of power that is Typhoon.

I think I mentioned that he easily changed the weather of a large island in a single attack, and that his control over the weather is better than Dulio that can control a country's weather.

@Septian

I'd say the DxD forum over at animesuki.

Guys, you can check animesuki for info on Shin DxD 1 if you haven't already. There are some translations there, although not that good but you can still get a decent idea of the events. Issei said he's going to have sex with all of the girls at once for his first time. Lol.

I think you can start from page 80 of the Shin DxD 1 volume discussion.

I suppose we'll have to wait for Vali vs Wukong. Skimming through Vali vs Rias again, Gogz was manhandled by Vasco on more than one occasion, with his beams of light and Rocket Punch easily deflected. And then a weakened Balorias reacted to his laser beams, so he really does not seem to have a notable speed showing for now.

Ah, I just saw the RP thread. To be stuck with Gogz of all people, lmao. At least he can reconstruct himself if he's destroyed.

Can anyone read the second volume of SLASHD├ÿG in JeruTz's blog? I noticed a few people talking as though they could read it, but I can't see any actual content to read so I wanted to be sure I'm not missing out on something.

Speaking of that, I reread the first volume again and this time I took note that Tobio successfully escaped the scene of Augusta vs Lavinia because Walburga didn't notice him as she was staring at Lavinia in a daze. This is after Walburga commented on Lavinia's attractiveness. It might be owing to her power, but could it be that Walburga will be infatuated with Lavinia. How do you guys interpret that scene?

Lastly in our page for Curse Manipulation, a possible use listed for it is Death Manipulation by cursing people to death, so shouldn't Saji and Vritra have Death Manipulation?

So many curses which are visible with my eyes appear around Saji and they spread through the whole atmosphere!

Shinra-fukukaichou says it fearfully.

"……The Balance Breaker which has that many curses……! You will get cursed to death if you approach it carelessly!"

The fact is, the mass-produced Evil Dragons are continuing to fall down to the ground by being cursed by it!

Been a while but there's some things I noticed in the DxD page for this site just now.

1. Why there are two Trihexa links in the Dragon section? Maybe that could be accidental copy? It was written like this when I saw it:

Both Trihexa links still lead to the same profile tho so you guys may want to delete the copy.

2. When I saw this in the calculation section of the page:

The link only leads to Mountain and Island level requirements page. Was there a blog of page recently that I may have been overlooking that talks about this in regards to Trihexa's split bodies and Juggernaut Drive users? Been looking and there doesn't seem to be a page for it.

Slash Dog Volume 3 alternate cover of limited edition (Seiryuu Kushihashi, Genbu Domon and probably Freed mentor on it). And girls on hotsprings

F45b1e2ac65c1038d36a7663bf119313b07e8902
Ab0b11f33a87e95049bb48cd1d385343faf2b4ea

Looks super great. 0_0

Lavinia > Suzaku > Natsume > Sae > the last girl (can't tell who she is). David looks quite evil and maybe that will be Tobio's harem if he gets one.

@Krudelu

Yeah, I've removed it now. I forgot to do so before. As for the link; that's how it's supposed to be. Below the initial stuff written there are the calculations for our baseline for feats like that where we don't get confirmed sizes and dimensions and have absolutely no indication of those.

We're likely going to get fake or real spoilers this week. Vergil normally buys the volumes so maybe we can get the genuine info on time here. :)

I'm going to be really disappointed if Issei and Tobio lose, and if Crom beats Ddraig. Hell, I'd be disappointed if Crom dominates Ddraig because Vali damaged him clearly with normal demonic energy blasts.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Issei will lose, both from a narrative relevance standpoint and also because, if Ishibumi planned on him to lose, he wouldn't have introduced that milestone of reaching the Top 4. And for Tobio, I think the fact he's on the next section to Vali indicates Ishibumi wants to match them up, hence I don't see Dulio as capable of beating him. That,.and also there's the matter of analyzing their specs logically.

Unless Crom finally uses Promotion to Queen, I don't see him as capable of fighting Ddraig off effectively at all. At least there was that hint from the battle with Vali. If Vali fought on par with Crom without being able to use Divide nor even using the Satan Lucifer Smasher, I think logically Ddraig would dominate Crom with his doubled attacks unless Promotion is in use. But yeah, otherwise it would be very disappointing and nonsensical.

I agree. The Ocean of Milk teased Issei vs Indra, so I don't think Issei will falter in the next round of matches as well. The real question is whether he'd be able to beat Indra. The Four Heavenly Kings must be crazy strong, and I have no idea about how Issei's team will keep them at bay (aside from Ddraig), assuming they're fighting to the best of their capabilities. But Issei said Indra could end up regretting his decision to help him and I interpret that as Ishibumi hinting at an upset in favor of Issei.

Putting aside the specs, I see Rudiger as the major obstacle to Tobio's victory since he almost handed Diehauser his first defeat via sheer tactics.

At the very least, I'm confident Crom won't defeat Ddraig. Maybe he will use other abilities other than the standard draconic powers and Promotion is viable as well. I'm all for Ddraig dominating the match, but not the opposite. Lol. Let's hope spoilers start trickling in at some point in the next few days. ^_^

Thinking about it more, I'd also fully agree that Ruval should beat Typhon. I don't see the use of Typhon's team anymore and I'm not attracted to the prospect of Vali vs Typhon in the semifinals. Vali vs Ruval or Cao Cao is better.

Back