• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #2

Demonic Longinus, huh. I'm interested in that, now you mention it. The original use of Sword Birth is the demonic counterpart to Blade Blacksmith. Aside from the Relics, we haven't seen a demonic counterpart to Holy Resuscitation as well. Twilight Healing works for humans and supernatural beings as a whole.

Hmm, idk. This is our definition for Causality Manipulation:

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect."

Maybe someone should make a thread to ask if Mitsuya choosing the option of the scythe missing him qualifies as that.

One of the Grim Reapers was enraged and raised his scythe overhead as he charged towards the young man, ready to attack. It was when the Grim Reaper closed his distance and swung his scythe downwards. The attack clearly should have hit, but…the young man, who was in front of the Grim Reaper, was unscratched even though the edge of the scythe pierced the floor. As the Grim Reaper took out his scythe, he asked in confusion.

<<What did you do…? My attack should have hit you completely.>>

The young man shrugged as he answered.

ÒÇÉI simply chose the option of that attack 'not hitting'.ÒÇæ

The Grim Reapers were surprised upon hearing those words.

<<Don't tell me, that is…! 'That' ability really—>>

As the young man spread his hands, he pointed at his belt.

ÒÇÉAt the very least, the phenomena caused by [Telos Karma] in this small world that was created with [Innovate Clear] are certain. Even a God-class being won't be able to oppose this.ÒÇæ

The second time, he chooses the option where the scythe of the Grim Reaper is not properly maintained, and so the blade falls off of the handle and Mitsuya is unharmed. There are also explanations and statements about it from Roygun, Nakiri, Ravel, and Bobo.

Here's my current draft for Mitsuya:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Burning_Full_Fingers/Sandbox

Hmm more than Causality Manipulation, it looks more like Fate Manipulation to me.

He manipulated fate so that the scythe "doesn't hit". The future was already determined and the future says "Mitsuya doesn't get hit by the scythe".

As for the 2nd case fate can still do the job. He manipulates the fate of the scythe (the past, since Fate Manipulation can be used on both past and future) and in it's fate it was poorly mantained.

The 2nd one can easily be causality manipulation and so can the 1st one, but im more leaning towards fate manip.

With causality manip those 2 would be:

Cause: he swings

Effect: I get hit

Change the effect with "i don't get hit" or "it passes through me" and boom.

As for the 2nd it'd be:

Cause: The scythe was well mantained

Effect: It doesn't break

Telos Karma makes it:

Cause: The scythe was poorly mantained

Effect: It breaks

So it'd be best to put it as both causality and fate untill there is statement explaining how it's done.

Oh, dear. I'm getting an increasing feeling that a thread should be made, cuz I don't want to be accused of wank. It fits our definition for Probability Manipulation too.

Let me post the initial explanation.

[Telos Karma] is a Longinus that's capable of creating choices that aren't possible forcibly."

Roygun-san said as she put her hand on her chin.

"The thirteenth Longinus…is said to be heretical, or a Longinus crowned with the forbidden number. Anyway, the rumours that I heard are mostly bad."

Yes, I also didn't hear a lot of good things about [Telos Karma]. It's also the cause for it to be mentioned in legends. Nakiri-kun then picked up a stone from the ground and pointed it at Xenovia.

"For Example, if I threw this rock to Prez Xenovia, I think there are a lot of possibilities that could occur. She could repel it, dodge it, cut it, get hit by it, and other possibilities."

"It won't hit. I can do at least that much, y'know?" answered Xenovia.

Nakiri-kun then said "That might be true if it's the president", before continuing

"Simply by throwing this rock at someone, a variety of possibilities are generated. That Longinus is capable of creating the choices that are impossible. It can cause something like — the [Beelzebut] system suddenly experiencing a failure that only affects President Xenovia's surroundings that makes her unable to react to the stone that I threw, and she gets hit."
Ravel-san then said

"…I heard that it can turn the possibility of a phenomenon into an unexpected occurrence…"

Nakiri-kun said as he dropped the stone on his hand.

"In human history, there are some things or phenomena that are impossible to explain, right? Even after history has changed drastically, historians and researchers still can't give an answer as to how things became that way. That's because [Telos Karma] supposedly took part in some of those occurrences."

A Longinus that took part in some of the historical events in Japan and Europe—.

Nakiri-kun then added

"That's why [Telos Karma] is also known as [History Breaker]."

Nakiri-kun spoke with a scary expression.

"[Innovate Clear] and [Telos Karma], these two are currently together. Now, guess what will happen when these two Longinus get together. The answer is— [The Worst]. The world created by [Innovate Clear], and the many impossible choices made to become occurrences there by [Telos Karma]. Products that could be considered miracles to deeds done by a Devils, and a lot of impossible things can happen at an impossible time."

Bova-san asked

"But, in the world of [Innovate Clear], [Telos Karma] controls the fate right? The user of that Sacred Gear would probably feel as arrogant as God in their actions."

Nakiri-kun — made a bitter expression.

"….Yeah, that's right, Bobo. That's why that person was named [The man who impersonates God]"

I'd have said we could wait for more info, but it's going to take quite some time. Mitsuya's not a main character and he's working in the shadows + he's not participating in the tournament.

"Controls the fate"

Fate can be used to create impossible situations. So this is the explanation for Fate Manipulation then:

Nakiri throws a rock, the possible futures are:

Xenovia dodges

Xenovia gets hit

Xenovia deflects

Out of these Xenovia getting hit is an impossibility under normal circumstances. Though telos karma can choose the future, so it chooses the future where xenovia gets hit.

So basically it changes Xenovia's fate/destiny so that she will get hit by the stone.

The "In the world of Inovative Clear, Telos Karma controls the fate" proved the hunch on fate manip i had earlier.

I mean, the greater the hax, the more proof you need. Probability, Fate, and Causality Manipulation are kinda tied to each other, but Probability Manipulation looks like the safest to me.

Can you make a thread for it? Just copy-paste the quotes explaining it, along with the one for Mitsuya and the Grim Reapers. I think we might need a thread.

LMAO, that show how screwed up Euclid but who can blame him when the society that you were raised in is like the Medieval Ages, where marriage in family is common.

Indeed, it's quite funny. And I was just thinking the other day that maybe Euclid just likes Grayfia the same way Sirzechs and Serafall like Rias and Sona. I didn't know it was this extreme.

Yeah, I'd prefer if all the major devil clans had special abilities of their own.

Something just occurred to me. They said Mitsuya can impersonate God with his abilities and the user of Innovate Clear + Telos Karma could feel arrogant as though they were God. Doesn't that mean God has the abilities of Telos Karma + Innovate Clear?

Dont yall wish anime girls were real? like i know im being a super loner weeb but not only are anime girls beautiful (japanese animators make every single anime girl to be extremely pretty to the point that even the younger girls would be considered extremely cute if realistic) but they like guys who are very nice, selfess, and caring.

@BlackeJan

Thats what bother me the most, it seems like these animator can't seem to find love so they just put those shut in feeling into their creation. So they can feel as if they just made their waifu and loved them. That's how I see it.

Shining Trapezohedron said:
@BlackeJan

Thats what bother me the most, it seems like these animator can't seem to find love so they just put those shut in feeling into their creation. So they can feel as if they just made their waifu and loved them. That's how I see it.
Tbh that would be me if I was an animator 😂 They just make hot girls and have them be straight perfection with not being one to judge, likes a guy for who they are, and can have them be shy and all

Lmao. Well, you know what they say about humans using only a small fraction of our total brainpower. It looks like people would be able to use superpowers if everything is to be unlocked. If that's true, maybe they'd be able to make 2-D people real. Too bad it'd probably never happen. It'd also be bad for interpersonal relationships between actual humans.

Nah, let's not kid ourselves. It will never happen.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Lmao. Well, you know what they say about humans using only a small fraction of our total brainpower. It looks like people would be able to use superpowers if everything is to be unlocked. If that's true, maybe they'd be able to make 2-D people real. Too bad it'd probably never happen. It'd also be bad for interpersonal relationships between actual humans.

Nah, let's not kid ourselves. It will never happen.
Hey u never know 😉

I don't think so, or he'd have been able to replicate Gram and Durandal. He can just create swords with varying shapes and attributes dependent on his imagination.

Back