• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #2

So I've wanted to ask this for a while. Is Ddraig's Blazing Inferno better / more potent than Vritra's cursed flames?

Also, does anyone else wonder why Issei uses Penetrate on people without defenses? For example, he tried to use it against Thanatos.

About Walburga, she likely hates Slash Dog since they killed Augusta.

@Burning well considering that Ddraig is about 3 trillion times stronger than vitra then yes his blazing inferno is more potent.

Imma not be part of this untill i catch up doe.

Maybe it's just in case the person has secret defenses. Inb4 Penetrate gets upgraded from negging defenses to negging dura.

It's already been strange from the beginning since he somehow gave Rizevim a bloody nose without his armor. It's probably because Rizevim was caught off-guard. He did not expect Issei to bypass the power nullification.

I didnt expect that Ddraig would have such ability before the volume even came out.

@Burning

Can I discussed Walburga with you in your message wall? Since you seem to be the only one interested in her.

Yep. I hope the Underworld releases her to Tobio or Slash Dog. If that happens, I will be happy. Ishibumi must do this. >_>

Well now that Tobio has killed Augusta, we know Walburga takes possession of Incinerate Anthem, so she's gonna have some encounters with Slash Dog. We'll see how things go from there.

It's probably unlikely that they'll get together. Tobio's love interest is not clear yet, but I like Lavinia the most. Lavinia > Natsume > Sae for me right now.

We will see how that turn out if Slash Dog does sold well.

I also loved Lavinia but I am more for Vali x Lavinia, while Tobio is fine with Natsume and Sae.

Can we consider that Divine Dividing is more better than Boosted Gear?

Hmm, I don't understand the feelings of Vali x Lavinia fans. I thought it could be romantic, but SLASHD├ÿG makes me think she's for Tobio + it was said that Lavinia is just like an older sister to Vali.

Well, that just depends on personal opinion. I've seen people that will argue relentlessly that Boosted Gear is better. Lol. But Divine Dividing is more versatile and haxxed for me.

I just cant see Lavinia x Tobio for some reason but it is what it is. I just like Vali x Lavinia ever since I saw them together in V21 and was hook into it instantly. LOL, by that sister arguement, Asia is like a sister to issei as well but that didnt stop him or her from fallen in love with each other.

Well, Divine Dividing is just better, more versatile and have more option. Boosted Gear is better as a support than Divine Dividing is.

Just think about it this way; Tobio and Lavinia are humans so they can grow old and die together. Vali's a devil and he has potential to live for at least ten thousand years. I don't feel as if Ishibumi will write something as heartbreaking as Lavinia dying and leaving Vali. Except she's reincarnated as a devil, but I don't think any member of Slash Dog will stop being humans.

Plus thirty years into the future, Vali is still obsessed with only fighting and ramen and he's taking care of, and training Ex. If he was together with Lavinia, he'd be busy with his own familial responsibilities.

Maybe, she can used magic to live longer since its kind of mentioned in Tvtropes. But yeah, I dont feel like Ishibumi will write something as heartbreaking as that.

We only get minimum info about 30 years into the future. But even then Vali still have his comrade like Arthur or Bikou to help him with his familial responsibilities while still trying to help Issei taking care of EX. Obviously, he won't also neglected his own children like what happen to issei.

Also, does anyone wonder why people think Zeno will beat Diehauser? It makes no sense. Zeno is just a High-class Grim Reaper, which equals Ultimate-class devils. A Satan-class character is afraid of Diehauser, so what exactly will Zeno do? Diehauser's surely smarter and way more experienced in Rating Games, as he has been unbeaten since his debut. Plus how would Ishibumi write Diehauser beating gods, and then make him lose to a High-class Grim Reaper? Zeno ending Diehauser's undefeated streak? Nope. I'd really hate it.

Not to mention, Issei has nothing to gain from fighting Zeno. He's just like a weaker Thanatos. On the other hand, if Issei fights and beats Diehauser, it's going to massively enhance his reputation in the Underworld. He needs it as he's going to be a Satan. To defeat the formerly undefeated Champion, this is a perfect opportunity for Issei. He'd also learn how to be a better King from Diehauser. Ravel and the rest of Issei's peerage; they have much more to gain fighting against Diehauser and his peerage.

And I want to see how Issei handles Worthless without the power of infinity.

Baalberith and Verrine would ended it, Diehauser would beat Zeno anyday of the week but if we included the two super devil then Diehauser is screwed.

I agree and it would even reminded us of the cleverness that he had use on Day one when he fight Riser.

Abyss Side BxB really is just another power up so it wouldnt be a surprise if it doesnt involved the lifespan stuff.

By the way, DxD Volume 25 Life.3 is complete and Life.DxD vs GOD - Red Dragon is 80% done.

I feel as if it will be in his match against Vali.

At this rate, we might get Volume 25 before the end of December.

Wait untill Fantasia Bunko 21st October, There's a special Segment for DxD alongside Date A Live and other Fujimi Shobo's Light Novel

Back