• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #2

No probs.

I think Ex will reach the top ten. Robertina mentions how there are six Super Devils in thirty years. She specifies Ajuka, Gasper, and Millicas. Obviously, Issei and Vali make up part of the list. Sirzechs is in the IBF, so who's the last one?

I highly doubt Saji would make it, considering his Dragon King is the weakest out of a group of which the strongest is a Satan-class, and he has no other power sources to bypass that. Sairaorg has a better chance, perhaps Ingvild could be another candidate. But I think the better chances are that the last one is one of Hades' Super Devils and potential Super Devils.

Maybe Balberith? He's probably not the one; Verrine is also a Super Devil and there's only one spot left based on what Robertina said. Balberith and Verrine mentioned something about getting Sonneillon and Gressil up to their level in the current tournament, so I don't think it's one of Hades' devils.

Man, Issei's going to really have it hard if he comes up against Team Zeno.

Truly, but at least it's not like it's impossible for him. There's the silver lining that the King should be comparable to an Ultimate-Class Devil, as a High-Class Grim Reaper. If they can track down and beat Zeno, then it's just a matter of keeping Balberith and the others busy for enough time.

That's true. I still want Diehauser to win, but I suppose that's just wishful thinking and it looks almost impossible. Ishibumi probably wouldn't be able to resist a power battle like Issei and Ddraig against Balberith and Verrine.

It's sad because Zeno's team seems like the hardest counter to Diehauser, since they are spec monsters whereas Diehauser seems to only be able to nullify special abilities. I still think some of the "lower scale" matchups such as Ruval vs Typhon and Sairaorg vs Shooting Star could be very interesting.

Star Buster will beat Sairaorg in a raw power contest between both Kings. Sairaorg's peerage members don't seem to have really notable abilities, aside from Hole and Trick Vanish I'd say. Although we don't know anything about Star Buster's team, Ishibumi has to sustain the hype for the new high tier Longinus before he inevitably loses to Indra.

I'm mostly interested in Ruval vs Typhon because of the Egyptian god and the new Longinus. I can't see Ruval taking it though. The main combatants in Typhon's team are too strong and can easily outlast the Regenerationn of the Phoenix, and Apollon's ability would probably counter it as well. One Longinus user isn't enough.

I agree on Shooting Star's victory, both in prediction terms and also in that he's the one I want to win. I'm interested in his team even just in character terms, and I doubt most of the newly introduced teams will lose in their first round, just going by narrative.

This also brings me to Ruval vs Typhon. It's not like Typhon's team only has to deal with Ruval's Regenerationn, as Ruval has collected his team with various immortality users, not just his brother and him. He also has support from Egyptian gods which means he should have a few God-classes. Also Bennu is holy, so Apollon's light won't have affinity toward it. I would say Ruval has a fair chance of winning by stacking all of this against the narrative disadvantage Typhon's team has, in that they have already had plenty of story focus, which hurts their chances of advancing when faced with a team which hasn't had focus.

Yeah, I'm also interested in Shooting Star because they mentioned something about them entering the tournament so they won't have to starve again or something like that. I want Sairaorg to win; if he loses, he'd have three losses in three matches against other Longinus users. Feels bad.

Well, if anything, I'd prefer to see Cao Cao's team against Ruval's in the next round so I don't mind Ruval winning. I believe there's no way Surtr will beat Cao Cao. He just doesn't have enough hype and all that.

Talking about gods, the gods from Japan blessed the Slash Dog team and I'm wondering if it's like how Ophis can bless people to increase their capabilities.

@Burning Poor Sairaorg is jobbing more than his proto comrade Rock Lee nowadays. I would have liked him battling and winning against a team like Surtr's at least, with a cool theme of heavy weights in it. Sadly he needs to job for the dark horse.

Cao Cao vs Surtr seems to be hard stacked for Cao Cao's victory. Surtr is likely the biggest contestant short of Midgardsormr, what with still being 25 meters tall even after a size reduction, and Cao Cao's team being humans makes the David & Goliath theme very clear. With essentially raw firepower personified challenging Cao Cao's wits, I think his victory is very clear.

I believe in the case of Tobio and Japanese Gods the blessing refers more to support, rather than a literal blessing. As in, they are the team they endorse to win the tournament, and may provide members if required (could be interesting though it would probably outclass poor Dulio too much). Also, even on Ophis' blessing it has only showed to unlock latent potential. It provided Issei her power but that's because he had it in him from when he was resurrected, whereas with Vali it simply unlocked his latent demonic power of Lucifer and allowed him to sync it with Albion's. Not that they need it to beat Dulio's team, I believe. I might be biased, but I think Tobio has it in the bag in that match, with the natural loss to Vali afterward to serve as Vali's coming of age plot development.

@GoodDaySir And they both link to the same page, lol.

Of course, Tobio will beat Dulio and I hope he doesn't use his Abyss Side BxB in the match. What I want is for Tobio to use it against Vali's EJOD, and I very much hope Ishibumi will write the match for us. This is one of my most anticipated match-ups in the tournament. Vali has also indicated his desire to settle things with Tobio, so it makes sense.

Yeah, Cao Cao has shown that he can do well against power types with his intelligence and abilities.

I'm not sure if the Japanese gods will fight themselves. If I got it right, Ishibumi said something about trying to avoid punishment if he wrote about them. It's a little sad for me; Naruto is one of my favorite series so I've wanted to see the likes of Amaterasu and Susanoo in action ever since they were first mentioned in Volume 7. Oh, well.

Right, do we know about the members of Slash Dog for the tournament aside from Tobio's standard team members?

@GDS

Yeah, you can remove one.

Who knows. Just from chapter about 16 teams in volume 25 I could say: Surtr is very powerfull and at least in league close to top-10. Cao Cao have no feats of that level. His only way - Truth Idea

@Burning With EJOD's performance against Strada, I think Tobio could at least match up to it with Night Celestial, while Abyss Side would place him above EJOD. It is just a hypothesis, however. I really am looking forward to that match as well, mostly for the potential for character development and dynamics around such a match. It would be at least on par with Issei vs Rias in my opinion.

I believe Ishibumi might have partially been joking about that (or at least I hope so), considering he has already messed with the Four Sacred Beasts which are also important in Eastern myth, so I wouldn't put using the Japanese Gods completely out of the question, at least for the match against Vali's team.

I think other members haven't been stated, I checked the Japanese wikipedia page to be sure. Maybe in December we will know.

@Vergil Lucifer Surtr has no narrative weight, though. And Cao Cao has plenty of ways other than Truth Idea. He has plenty of Rating Game rulesets to his favor, and strategic advantage.

Aside from the leaders, how'd the other members stack up against each other? I was thinking Gogmagog vs Same would fit for a brute force match, and I can also see Bikou being involved as well. Lavinia and Sae vs Kuroka and Le Fay. There's still Arthur and Natsume to consider. Probably, two or more members would be needed to combat nerfed Fenrir, but Jin vs nerfed Fenrir could technically work too. Lol. I'm not sure how they'd match up.

Well that gives me hope.

Suzaku might join their team. At least that's what I'd like to happen.

It's cause it ignores the durability by just cutting through what's in that space, I think. When Dainsleif freezes, does it just cover the target in ice or do they become shatterable ice?

Looks like Mephistopheles will finally make an actual appearance in SLASHD├ÿG. I heard Ishibumi is planning to alternate between the tournament and normal daily lives for the time being in Shin DxD, with the third volume focusing on Koneko, Ingvild, Gasper, etc in the new Kyoto trip. Can't wait for that.

That means Shin DxD 4 will be Issei's team vs Zeno's. At least, that's my prediction. I can't see Rias' team beating Issei's in this tournament. Crom vs Ddraig = draw.

As expected. I hope we get an illustration of CDD. Vasco should overpower her, with her major saving grace being the scabbard of Excalibur.

Myama-san wrote that it's hard to draw Vasco large amount of muscules and he looks naked because of that. Also mention that Durandal looks big in Xenovia hands but in Strada it looks suitable

I remember Issei said the Durandal Replica looks small compared to Vasco's body.

How about Crom? I think we should get an illustration for his dragon form.

Nice, illustrations have felt too little lately. I'd like Gasper Balor and Gasperias to be drawn as well, but that's probably asking for too much.

If you think about it, the manner in which Sirzechs and Gasper were born is a bit similar. Sirzechs was unintentionally releasing the Power of Destruction which disintegrated everything around him without a trace and forced the people there to stay away from him, while Gasper was born in his true form as an incarnation of darkness which accidentally cursed everyone present to death.

Well yes ofc. But tbh i don't want to see a 5th season if Passione handles it the same way:

I don't want this trolly arse artstyle ruining the image i have of Sirzechs and my fav arc in DxD.

DxD

The only reason i don't absolutely trashtalk Passione after what it did is cus it brought me this piece of work:
Rokka-1
I CAN BARELY BELIEVE THEY ARE FROM THE SAME STUDIO!

Back