• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High Godly Regen Unclear, Got Stuck between Voids

Complete 4D destruction is nuking the entire multiverse.

That's literally it

"Complete 4D destruction" varies depending on the verse. A dimensional axis cannot be destroyed. Who ever destroyed length, width, or height?

Multiverse as "literally all the universes".

Digimon has a infinite^3 4-D multiverse, so you need to destroy that for complete 4-D destruction.

Dragon Ball has 12 universes so you need to destroy that for complete 4-D destruction

That completely misses what I'm saying.

>Verse has four universes

>Character gets obliterated along with all four universes, a.k.a the totality of that setting leaving nothingness.

>Character regenerates.

That character has High Godly because the reality he was in was destroyed and he did not regenerate from another realm (in this case everything was destroyed).

The character who destroyed him and the whole of reality didn't need to destroy the dimensions of length, width, heighth, and time, or destroy the directions of up, down, left, right, etc. Also "multiple multiverses" is as ridiculous as "multi-universal". There's a reason we don't use the term Megaverse.

A megaverse is literally just a bigger multiverse encompassing smaller multiverses @Shadow

But just to be clear, it is not what you regenerate into, it's what you regenerate from. If you destroyed a 2-A structure with a 2-B being in it, and it regenerated from that, it would not matter if it regenerated into a different 2-A realm.

It's just like complete 3D destruction is the observable universe, unless the universe is explicitly stated to be larger and/or infinite.

It would be, going by Marvel's supposed definition of a Megaverse.

I agree with Sera and Kaltias. High-Godly Regenerationn varies depending on the setting of the Verse, hence something like "complete 4-D destruction" doesn't need to include the destruction of Dimensional Axes / Multiple Universes or the like.

Unless you want to say characters from a Setting comprised of only one Universe can't possibly have High-Godly, which from now on is reserved to Characters like the Swamp Thing, who actually has a feat of regenerating from all dimensional axes getting nuked.

I agree on this point. Most verses don't actually have the axial dimensions themselves get destroyed, the only exception that I can think of would be I/O.

When you get down to it, High Godly regen is about regenerating from magnitudes stronger destruction of a realm above yourself.

So since this issue seems to have been settled, should we close this thread, or discuss how to word a clarification notes section, as Sera suggested?

I would like to raise that it does not necesarilly need to be all the stuff on the layer. If a 2-B being can regenerate from a 2-A destruction but regenerate into a different 2-A structure, that is also High Godly

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I would like to raise that it does not necesarilly need to be all the stuff on the layer. If a 2-B being can regenerate from a 2-A destruction but regenerate into a different 2-A structure, that is also High Godly
Depends on what do you mean by "2-A destruction".

The destruction of infinite universes? No.

The complete erasure of the structure that contains infinite universes and its insides? Yeah, I guess.

Tincan123 said:
Doesnt that go well with type 9 immortality ?
Type 9 doesn't automatically imply High-Godly regen. Even if based on a higher dimensional thing/entity, the character has to show feats to gain that regen (even if the result is mostly the same).

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Isn't type 9 just being a false platonic concept?
If you are referring to Madoka, she simply happens to have statements for type 9 along with the statements for abstract existence

DMB 1 said:
Depends on what do you mean by "2-A destruction".

The destruction of infinite universes? No.

The complete erasure of the structure that contains infinite universes and its insides? Yeah, I guess.
Yeah, that's what I mean

I think that the conclusion was to keep the definition as is, but possibly write a better explanation note.

So should we close this thread or write a better clarification first, in order to avoid misunderstandings?

Isn't mid-godly just a case of being able to regenerate beyond mind, body and soul? Like, if I'm tied to the concept of who I am and you hakai me and I regen, I'm mid-godly. Now if you erase my concept and it regens along with me, I'm high-godly because I can regenerate from nothing whatsoever. Meanwhile True Godly would be the idea of being able to regenerate no matter what's done to you, or am I wrong?

Huh, I feel like not only I have misconceptions... what you mean by the clarification? A blog post making some sort of FAQ?

Mand21, the current explanation is fine and this CRT was a few days after another CRT's change regarding Regenerationn have been applied. At this point, the point we cannot just change the Regenerationn some definitions just because some are confused by them.

To be honest, @Mand21, it is something that you should read from the Regenerationn page. I will explain though.

Mand21 said:
Isn't mid-godly just a case of being able to regenerate beyond mind, body and soul? Like, if I'm tied to the concept of who I am and you hakai me and I regen, I'm mid-godly.
Seems alright, although, in some medias, concept mean souls

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

Examples: Lavos (Chrono), Millenniummon and its other forms (Digimon), Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), Chara(Undertale), The Chaos Gods (Warhammer 40,000)

Now if you erase my concept and it regens along with me, I'm high-godly because I can regenerate from nothing whatsoever.
Not true unless it follows this definition, then regenerating from no concept is mid-godly High-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the totality of your existence is erased, alongside the reality that you are present within that exists up to your own dimensional level.

Meanwhile True Godly would be the idea of being able to regenerate no matter what's done to you, or am I wrong?
It got to follow the definition also, otherwise is not.

True-Godly: The ability to regenerate from being erased on a level beyond the confines and concept of dimensions.

So... High-Godly is based not only on your ability to regenerate depending on damage dealt on you, but on your surroundings as well?

With "concept", I meant the metaphysical sense. The very idea of who you are, beyond what the "soul" typically means (a disembodied/"disembodiable" consciousness). Erasing it would be akin to the ret-gone trope whereas someone disappears from everyone's memories and registers except perhaps one or two beings who can tank that effect.

Mand21, the things about the definitions is that they are not really to interpretations since these are what causes the confusion.

I am not sure if rewriting the explanation is necessary. There is a major risk that it would just end up worse than previously, especially with limited staff input.

Back