• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Round 4

Both are high 8-C and speed is equal

Grunt Boi: 6

Ellie Rose:

Incon:

Last edited:
Right off the back I’m gonna make my case.

The Grunt goblin fires homing needles that get stuck in enemy flesh and then violently explode on their own (if enough needles get stuck they all explode at the same time.) on top of that it like to keep its distance between itself and it’s opponent it’s likely to try and range spam.

I've got no idea how it works too, but judging from the other threads, Ellie's gravity weapon is pretty decisive in this fight if she manages to use it.

I've gotten a glimpse of what her gravity device can do, and if she could use this first and in character, then she probably got this fight covered. She could suspend the goblin in mid-air to leave it vulnerable to her guns or just send it flying away as a form of BFR. But if she doesn't start with that first, she gets destroyed by the Goblin's higher AP, homing attack, and danmaku.

They both start 4km away according to SBA though so none of them have the range advantage until they get into each other's sight and effective range.

To be fair she only used it in a non combative situation while escaping the wall so it won’t be the first thing she uses

Its true that Ellie only used her equipment once per choice, but given this is a massive opponent she is fighting, I’m sure she’d go for lifting it with the GraviToR like how she did with lifting a train cart with the Force (Yes, I know the Force isn't used here as its a higher tier, but both are still telekinesis-based).

Is someone piloting the Grunt Goblin here?

Yes the pilot is a unggoy https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Unggoy not which rank though. The goblin profile implies it’s a low rank piloting it but I doubt that’s right. I don’t think they would give a mech as powerful as this to some random low rank. The pilot would probably need training to use the mech anyways.

Apparently Goblins are normally piloted by Imperials, so they do have some tactical skill, but that's a very big SOME as they're still Unggoy, and even the highest ranking unggoy are still kinda dumb. Jockeys have the know how to pilot a Goblin but all they really do with it is spam their weapons while screaming obscenities at their opponents.

Wait the gravity decive paralyze the opponent completely? Because as long the pilot can move they should still be able to fire the Shard storm.

Not completely as they could somewhat still move their body around while they're being lifted, but again, being smarter would mean that Ellie would just alter the Grunt Goblin’s gravity direction away from her.

That wouldn’t stop the shardstorm since it shoots out of the top of the mech and homes in on targets. She would have to position it against the ground for that to stop and she would have to know about the attack before it fires to do that. Also considering the ap advantage and brutal nature of the shards, I doubt she’d be able to do much after the first barrage.

Goblin's Win con are much more likely than the stick girl, My vote goes to Goblin by dammaku of homming atack...

Question, wouldn't her being a stick make it difficult for the needles to hit her?

I mean maybe a little. It could help her with evasion but how much it actually helps is up to you, I mean I’m not sure how much help it is so I’ll leave it to psycho to explain.

Her gravity gun could also possibly be knocked out by the Grunt Goblin's EMP, which isn't a likely first move and isn't guaranteed to work as it's only shown its effectiveness on vehicles, but it is another likely point against her.

Suffice to say, Grunt Goblin FRA.

Back