• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Tournament REBirth Semifinals 2 (Sion Zail vs Jin Mu-Won)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the On the Left:
Sion Zail! On the Right: Jin Mu-Won!

fmgCjoJ.png
Emr1pJo.png

Ah shit ah ****

Okay~ what can Sion do against Jin's strong af Analytic prediction, and considering the AP difference, and based on the weakness section, wouldn't a single hit from Jin at the very least cut one limb off, or maybe heavily injure it? Her forcefield isn't really gonna do shit when Jin bypasses that stuff, even before the time-skip.

Sion's current AP = 1.713 Gigatons.

Jin's currently AP = ~4 Gigatons

He'll also get faster and more experienced the more the fight goes on.

Last edited:
Also, although I'm only like, 10-13 chapters into the webtoon, are we sure that the whole prodigies shit actually meant skill, and not just them bypassing human limits or smth?

I'm talking about this:

1ab0f05843f1d04b92eefc5c275d5cb4.png

The "Prodigies" part doesn't really seem to imply them being absolutely skilled af, rather, that they were just dudes who had some abnormal properties, or bypassed normal human limits when it came to physical shit, not that they were some skill gods.

Of course, I'm talking when they first brought knight, because my first impression when you showed me this scan, was me thinking that they were skilled even before becoming knights, like they had some mastery of weapons or smth shit, when that isn't really the case based on the next scan:

1c9e0a3c02e0840d5a161a83a31fe0e5.png

Its clear by the above scan that they didn't have any knowledge or weapon mastery when they are first brought in to the world, so It made me think the whole prodigees shit was just them being above humans in physical means.

I'm not saying there aren't some skilled af dudes, especially Pray, this bish was better than Knights despite just being a trainee.

Granted, I'm only like 10 chapters in, if there are some more clarification on the whole prodigies stuff in the future, then you can just ignore all of this.

Yep, lets go.

Other than being ridiculously more skilled, not much, and it would be quite ironic if she would lose because of worse AnaPre feats. Sad that she dosn't scale to Anne's and Prays Melody reading feats but oh well.

If you mean the whole falling apart part, not really. She can keep her body together consciously and has done so against Hyperion till the end.

How does his forcefield bypassing work?

Sion was over 5 times as weak as Hyperion, AP dosnt mean much to her.

Sion has her own AccDev, that allowed her to keep up with Hyperion, who had 2 speed and AP amps, on top of arsenal upgrades.

To illustrate how ridiculous her AccDev is, prior to her final fight with Hyperion, she fought it to mutual destruction (Hyperion was killed and Sion fatally wounded). In their second fight Sion was, even before they fought, deathly sickly with a body falling apart, far from her prime. In that state, Hyperion debuffed Sion down to 20% of her physical capability, got trashed by Sion, revived, gained powerups and teleportation, revived AGAIN, gained powerups and became general Grievous
Also, although I'm only like, 10-13 chapters into the webtoon, are we sure that the whole prodigies shit actually meant skill, and not just them bypassing human limits or smth?

I'm talking about this:

1ab0f05843f1d04b92eefc5c275d5cb4.png

The "Prodigies" part doesn't really seem to imply them being absolutely skilled af, rather, that they were just dudes who had some abnormal properties, or bypassed normal human limits when it came to physical shit, not that they were some skill gods.

Of course, I'm talking when they first brought knight, because my first impression when you showed me this scan, was me thinking that they were skilled even before becoming knights, like they had some mastery of weapons or smth shit, when that isn't really the case based on the next scan:
Yes, one aspect of being elected for the Knight program is higher physical specs and the occasional paranormal power. But the scan emphasizes that you need highly capable and skilled in order to use the AB Sword. You still need to surpass your homeworld in order to be elligible. But yes, you are right in that they are not skill gods. Those are Sion and Pray lol. They are simply the most skilled across the universe

1c9e0a3c02e0840d5a161a83a31fe0e5.png

Its clear by the above scan that they didn't have any knowledge or weapon mastery when they are first brought in to the world, so It made me think the whole prodigees shit was just them being above humans in physical means.

I'm not saying there aren't some skilled af dudes, especially Pray, this bish was better than Knights despite just being a trainee.

Granted, I'm only like 10 chapters in, if there are some more clarification on the whole prodigies stuff in the future, then you can just ignore all of this.

Knives and Gun is simply part of their military education and serve as another way to hone their physical capabilities. There is a fine distinction between AB swords (One of the most misleading names ever, because every weapon imaginable is a AB sword as long as its made out of AB material) and knives in that situation. Later down the line, you will see that Knive and gun combat are simply ways to learn close quarter and range combat situation (Pray and Anne learn those to further hone their general combat skill).

It dosnt mean that they have no weapon skill whatsoever, it means that they specificly learn those skills

To explain the whole prodigee scan better, mutants, mosaic babies and the combat races are all genetically modified humans already. Physical enhancement is the bare minimum in the eugenics nightmare that is the Knight Order. You need to be skilled ON TOP of that to be considered for Knight Training.

Other than being ridiculously more skilled, not much, and it would be quite ironic if she would lose because of worse AnaPre feats. Sad that she dosn't scale to Anne's and Prays Melody reading feats but oh well.
To be completely fair, based on the skill scaling chain you showed me, Sion is definitely more skilled, but I wouldn't honestly say to the point that she dwarfs Jin many times.

The entire LNB world is tied to skill, just like Knight Run. Peeps begin training martial arts when they are like 6-7 years old, and a lot of them don't even achieve anything close to being a martial art expert, who uses Chi, and knows a lot of martial arts.

A martial expert like Mu-Sang (some dude) had mastered a martial art that was deemed as weak, and fought against another martial art expert, and that dude absolutely fodderized Mu-Sang so hard that Mu-Sang literally couldn't even touch the seams of his clothes.

After training for only a month, and gaining advice from Jin despite Jin not having a sliver of experience before, Mu-Sang's martial arts improved heavily to the point that even a few days prior to training was not even comparable.

He went from not touching the seams of the dude he fought against, all the way to being on equal ground to potentially even being better.

I should also mention that it was specifically stated that his martial arts that were improved, although his strength was as well.

I honestly should've added accelerated development to Jin's page, considering how much more skilled he is than Mu-Sang, and how much more potential he has, it was stated quite a lot of times.

Then comes Dam-Soo Cheon, a martial arts prodigy that defeat 100 other martial artists, many of them being masters. He was considered a prodigy due to the fact he is able to "Master new martial arts within a very short timeframe, excellent decision-making, outstanding observational skills, and keen awareness of the flow of battle"

Keep in mind this dude could only have realistically trained for real when he was like, 13 or 14, based on the flashbacks as he was absolutely weak as shit, and didn't train at all. Now, when he's only 18, the dude fodderized a lot of martial art masters. Keep in mind, IIRC, Dam also stated that he hadn't had an actual thrilling fight before, and his actual challenge was by the dude below:

Tae Mu-Kang, whom is a martial art master that has also mastered the art of Chi to the point he can manipulate it for it to become a barrier that can reflect attacks, and it was stated that normal weapons or Chi are useless against it, which is like so hard that not even masters have mastered Chi (At least, the ones Dam fought and Jin fought). He kept up with Dam, and had a killing intent so powerful that it made people who aren't afraid of death, to be afraid of him, and it made whirlwinds and made anyone around him slowed.

Eventually, Dam got fodderized, and ate shit. Then Jin came along, straight up bypassed his barrier which not only reflects attack with several times more force, but also protects the user, and Jin just went "lol get ******", and bypassed it.

Jin's analytic prediction, coupled with the fact that he was learning a martial arts that was stated to be unusually complex and that it’s not possible for one person to remember it all, much less master everything. And due to that, he was able to dodge absolutely everything from Tae, despite being constantly slowed, and that a single direct hit would kill him.

He was able to dodge a danmaku, which was stated to be like this:

"Where the rain of chi fell, no living thing, not even a martial arts expert, would be left alive. It was the end of the world.

Just as Seo Mu-Sang was thinking that Jin Mu-Won, who was in the middle of all that, was dead, he saw an unbelievable sight that made him doubt his eyes.

Jin Mu-Won was carrying Eun Ha-Seol on his back and running through the rain of death without getting a scratch on him.

Common sense told Seo Mu-Sang that this was impossible. Just as a human cannot run through a thunderstorm without getting wet, there was no way Jin Mu-Won could dash through that rain of death without being hit.

And yet, the impossible was happening right now, right in front of him"

The only reason he has managed to get hit is because he had to use a skill that he didn't master yet, and it outright damaged his internal organs.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to Jin, whom have defeated a "Sword God", who is like the most skilled swordsman in the world, and was even more skilled than Jin's father. And that dude is skilled af, he was able to defeat a guy who was stated to be the best hand-to-hand user, and Jin's father defeated him IN HAND-TO-HAND combat. Of course, it should be mentioned that it was stated by the same dude himself that Jin's father was a swordsman, and yet defeated that guy despite him honing the way of the fists his entire life.

And then, of course, comes Jin just copying that said Swordsman's strongest technique, by simply witnessing it once.

Although I wouldn't say he's above Sion in terms of skill, but I also wouldn't say he's like dwarfed by her skill.
If you mean the whole falling apart part, not really. She can keep her body together consciously and has done so against Hyperion till the end.
I meant as in a single or two attacks from Jin will cut off one of her limbs or smth. The page stated that:

"Her body is slowly falling apart after her first duel with Hyperion, loses control over her body and reason the moment she sustains life-threatening damage due to her Adam blood"
Sion was over 5 times as weak as Hyperion, AP dosnt mean much to her.
IIRC, didn't you say the Hyperion couldn't touch her? If that's the case, I'd say it absolutely matters when she fights against a dude who will more than likely tag her quite a lot.
To illustrate how ridiculous her AccDev is, prior to her final fight with Hyperion, she fought it to mutual destruction (Hyperion was killed and Sion fatally wounded). In their second fight Sion was, even before they fought, deathly sickly with a body falling apart, far from her prime. In that state, Hyperion debuffed Sion down to 20% of her physical capability, got trashed by Sion, revived, gained powerups and teleportation, revived AGAIN, gained powerups and became general Grievous
That'd be a problem, but even then, I doubt it will be enough for her to completely stop Jin.
Yes, one aspect of being elected for the Knight program is higher physical specs and the occasional paranormal power. But the scan emphasizes that you need highly capable and skilled in order to use the AB Sword. You still need to surpass your homeworld in order to be elligible. But yes, you are right in that they are not skill gods. Those are Sion and Pray lol. They are simply the most skilled across the universe
I mean, nowhere in the scan does it state you need to be highly skilled or anything, wouldn't it be just as correct to say that simply having some skill be enough? And the whole surpassing your home world can just very well be talking about the whole bypassing physical limits stuff. Also, how many people are in said universe? Some planets had only, like, 100 thousand people, but I'm sure there are others with much more, right?
Knives and Gun is simply part of their military education and serve as another way to hone their physical capabilities. There is a fine distinction between AB swords (One of the most misleading names ever, because every weapon imaginable is a AB sword as long as its made out of AB material) and knives in that situation. Later down the line, you will see that Knive and gun combat are simply ways to learn close quarter and range combat situation (Pray and Anne learn those to further hone their general combat skill).

It dosnt mean that they have no weapon skill whatsoever, it means that they specificly learn those skills
Ah okay, that's gucci then.

Edit: I also forgot, but can Sion fight without her weapon? One of Jin's techniques is shattering the weapon with a simple finger technique. Also, how good is she against Mind Manipulation? Because if Jin loses his sword, then Sion would be mind controlled by it by simply looking at it.

Last edited:
To be completely fair, based on the skill scaling chain you showed me, Sion is definitely more skilled, but I wouldn't honestly say to the point that she dwarfs Jin many times.

The entire LNB world is tied to skill, just like Knight Run. Peeps begin training martial arts when they are like 6-7 years old, and a lot of them don't even achieve anything close to being a martial art expert, who uses Chi, and knows a lot of martial arts.

A martial expert like Mu-Sang (some dude) had mastered a martial art that was deemed as weak, and fought against another martial art expert, and that dude absolutely fodderized Mu-Sang so hard that Mu-Sang literally couldn't even touch the seams of his clothes.

After training for only a month, and gaining advice from Jin despite Jin not having a sliver of experience before, Mu-Sang's martial arts improved heavily to the point that even a few days prior to training was not even comparable.

He went from not touching the seams of the dude he fought against, all the way to being on equal ground to potentially even being better.

I should also mention that it was specifically stated that his martial arts that were improved, although his strength was as well.

I honestly should've added accelerated development to Jin's page, considering how much more skilled he is than Mu-Sang, and how much more potential he has, it was stated quite a lot of times.

Then comes Dam-Soo Cheon, a martial arts prodigy that defeat 100 other martial artists, many of them being masters. He was considered a prodigy due to the fact he is able to "Master new martial arts within a very short timeframe, excellent decision-making, outstanding observational skills, and keen awareness of the flow of battle"

Keep in mind this dude could only have realistically trained for real when he was like, 13 or 14, based on the flashbacks as he was absolutely weak as shit, and didn't train at all. Now, when he's only 18, the dude fodderized a lot of martial art masters. Keep in mind, IIRC, Dam also stated that he hadn't had an actual thrilling fight before, and his actual challenge was by the dude below:

Tae Mu-Kang, whom is a martial art master that has also mastered the art of Chi to the point he can manipulate it for it to become a barrier that can reflect attacks, and it was stated that normal weapons or Chi are useless against it, which is like so hard that not even masters have mastered Chi (At least, the ones Dam fought and Jin fought). He kept up with Dam, and had a killing intent so powerful that it made people who aren't afraid of death, to be afraid of him, and it made whirlwinds and made anyone around him slowed.

Eventually, Dam got fodderized, and ate shit. Then Jin came along, straight up bypassed his barrier which not only reflects attack with several times more force, but also protects the user, and Jin just went "lol get ******", and bypassed it.

Jin's analytic prediction, coupled with the fact that he was learning a martial arts that was stated to be unusually complex and that it’s not possible for one person to remember it all, much less master everything. And due to that, he was able to dodge absolutely everything from Tae, despite being constantly slowed, and that a single direct hit would kill him.

He was able to dodge a danmaku, which was stated to be like this:

"Where the rain of chi fell, no living thing, not even a martial arts expert, would be left alive. It was the end of the world.

Just as Seo Mu-Sang was thinking that Jin Mu-Won, who was in the middle of all that, was dead, he saw an unbelievable sight that made him doubt his eyes.

Jin Mu-Won was carrying Eun Ha-Seol on his back and running through the rain of death without getting a scratch on him.

Common sense told Seo Mu-Sang that this was impossible. Just as a human cannot run through a thunderstorm without getting wet, there was no way Jin Mu-Won could dash through that rain of death without being hit.

And yet, the impossible was happening right now, right in front of him"

The only reason he has managed to get hit is because he had to use a skill that he didn't master yet, and it outright damaged his internal organs.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to Jin, whom have defeated a "Sword God", who is like the most skilled swordsman in the world, and was even more skilled than Jin's father. And that dude is skilled af, he was able to defeat a guy who was stated to be the best hand-to-hand user, and Jin's father defeated him IN HAND-TO-HAND combat. Of course, it should be mentioned that it was stated by the same dude himself that Jin's father was a swordsman, and yet defeated that guy despite him honing the way of the fists his entire life.

And then, of course, comes Jin just copying that said Swordsman's strongest technique, by simply witnessing it once.

Although I wouldn't say he's above Sion in terms of skill, but I also wouldn't say he's like dwarfed by her skill.
Good shit, i will answer that later.
I meant as in a single or two attacks from Jin will cut off one of her limbs or smth. The page stated that:

"Her body is slowly falling apart after her first duel with Hyperion, loses control over her body and reason the moment she sustains life-threatening damage due to her Adam blood"
Sion learned to control her Adam blood in her final fight with Hyperion. And yes, i should put that on the profile.
IIRC, didn't you say the Hyperion couldn't touch her? If that's the case, I'd say it absolutely matters when she fights against a dude who will more than likely tag her quite a lot.
Hyperion never got a direct hit in (Because that would have killed Sion instantly) But she still had to parry Hyperions faster and stronger attacks. Especially after Hyperion whipped out 2 double egded spears and laser blades on its feet. After rereading the fight, it was even crazier than i remember, because Hyperion was so far above Sion in physical specs that it ragdolled her across the air through the entire battlefield, attacking her without any pause. She parried every attack.

I mean, nowhere in the scan does it state you need to be highly skilled or anything, wouldn't it be just as correct to say that simply having some skill be enough? And the whole surpassing your home world can just very well be talking about the whole bypassing physical limits stuff. Also, how many people are in said universe? Some planets had only, like, 100 thousand people, but I'm sure there are others with much more, right?
It actually does though?

"In order to use the sword and win" Which is what Knights have to do. It prefaces that everything that follows has to be beneficial to your sword skill, because no amount of paranormal power and strength can substitute that. Sion stated that too. Knights who do not hone their sword are not surviving the harsh planetary wars. To put that into perspective, Dry is one of the strongest paranormal power uses in the series. But he still uses his AB Swords. Hes in fact so good with it that he can actually tango in a pure sword fight with Pray. Thats because paranormal powers below the level of Dry or others like Cold Heroes are worthless against AG's speedrunning Darwins theory. Not all Knights are swordmasters of mythical proportions, but being skilled in sword fighting (Or any close quarter weapon to be honest) is a must.

And i mean, the next paragraph outright states that you need to be skilled, regardless of your physical stats.
I also forgot, but can Sion fight without her weapon? One of Jin's techniques is shattering the weapon with a simple finger technique. Also, how good is she against Mind Manipulation? Because if Jin loses his sword, then Sion would be mind controlled by it by simply looking at it.
Yes she can, in fact she whipped a powerful Zail Knight barehanded as a child. She uses sword techniques because that was traditional (And because the people she wanted to help make stronger were sword users)

Good shit, i will answer that later.

Sion learned to control her Adam blood in her final fight with Hyperion. And yes, i should put that on the profile.

Hyperion never got a direct hit in (Because that would have killed Sion instantly) But she still had to parry Hyperions faster and stronger attacks. Especially after Hyperion whipped out 2 double egded spears and laser blades on its feet. After rereading the fight, it was even crazier than i remember, because Hyperion was so far above Sion in physical specs that it ragdolled her across the air through the entire battlefield, attacking her without any pause. She parried every attack.

It actually does though?

"In order to use the sword and win" Which is what Knights have to do. It prefaces that everything that follows has to be beneficial to your sword skill, because no amount of paranormal power and strength can substitute that. Sion stated that too. Knights who do not hone their sword are not surviving the harsh planetary wars. To put that into perspective, Dry is one of the strongest paranormal power uses in the series. But he still uses his AB Swords. Hes in fact so good with it that he can actually tango in a pure sword fight with Pray. Thats because paranormal powers below the level of Dry or others like Cold Heroes are worthless against AG's speedrunning Darwins theory. Not all Knights are swordmasters of mythical proportions, but being skilled in sword fighting (Or any close quarter weapon to be honest) is a must.

And i mean, the next paragraph outright states that you need to be skilled, regardless of your physical stats.
Gucci, that kind of reminds me of Jin, since he also parried and dodge every single attack. Although the skill part definitely helps, I don't think I've reached that point yet.
Yes she can, in fact she whipped a powerful Zail Knight barehanded as a child. She uses sword techniques because that was traditional (And because the people she wanted to help make stronger were sword users)
I presume she isn't as skilled as she is when using a sword, though? She seems to be a mainly sword user, but if she is just as skilled, then the weapon shattering probably wouldn't matter.

I assume she can't resist against mind manip?

Also, I have a question, iirc you said that Sion makes the sword seem invisible with senses, but how would that work against someone who could literally hear swords?

Not as in he can hear the sword slices or anything, but that he can literally hear swords cry even when they are not used.

Times like these I wish the novel was fully translated, as it would give a lot more explanation for Jins abilities and skill, but sadly, Jin probably won't be High 7A by the time the novel gets a few more chapters translated.

I presume she isn't as skilled as she is when using a sword, though? She seems to be a mainly sword user, but if she is just as skilled, then the weapon shattering probably wouldn't matter.

I assume she can't resist against mind manip?

Also, I have a question, iirc you said that Sion makes the sword seem invisible with senses, but how would that work against someone who could literally hear swords?

Not as in he can hear the sword slices or anything, but that he can literally hear swords cry even when they are not used.

Times like these I wish the novel was fully translated, as it would give a lot more explanation for Jins abilities and skill, but sadly, Jin probably won't be High 7A by the time the novel gets a few more chapters translated.
Most of her techniques are sword based, because she spended her time creating one, but she has hand to hand techniques too. And shes a Pray and Mayer Style users. We would probably have seen more of her hand to hand skill if it weren't for Hyperion making that literally impossible regardless of how skilled you are.

If Jins Mind manip is baseline then there is aaactually a argument to be made. See, the Adam Blood can take control over her and did so at the beginning. Later on though, she could tap into it fully and stay in control, so yeah?

I have not brought up her invisible sword because Jins AnaPre should render that pretty useless but if he can hear swords literally scream then what am i gonna say right?

I have the same problem with Sion, because Sion has only her one arc to get feats from. Shes not even mentioned by name afterwards (And it sadly makes sense plotwise) but it infurates me how the author can bench of Knight Run greatest character like that. Sions arc had to be written before Knight Run had its own ******* civil war between the god tiers of the series...

Most of her techniques are sword based, because she spended her time creating one, but she has hand to hand techniques too. And shes a Pray and Mayer Style users. We would probably have seen more of her hand to hand skill if it weren't for Hyperion making that literally impossible regardless of how skilled you are.
Ah rip.
If Jins Mind manip is baseline then there is aaactually a argument to be made. See, the Adam Blood can take control over her and did so at the beginning. Later on though, she could tap into it fully and stay in control, so yeah?
An argument could be made, but wouldn't that just be supernatural willpower? Iirc, I'm not sure if it could compare to other mind manip, unlike Jin, whom anyone who looks at the blade will have hallucinations, and will be mind controlled or smth similar to that, and they wouldn't even know what happened.
I have not brought up her invisible sword because Jins AnaPre should render that pretty useless but if he can hear swords literally scream then what am i gonna say right?
Ah yeah, that makes it useless, you're right.
I have the same problem with Sion, because Sion has only her one arc to get feats from. Shes not even mentioned by name afterwards (And it sadly makes sense plotwise) but it infurates me how the author can bench of Knight Run greatest character like that. Sions arc had to be written before Knight Run had its own ******* civil war between the god tiers of the series...
Pain

Now I can't wait to reach her arc, shit looks intense.

Although, once Jins novel gets more translation, although he wouldn't be High 7A anymore, probably, he'd probably make a match for Dry.

Yeah honestly, im fine with giving this one to Jin. Sion is the more skilled one but that AnaPre combined with the fact that Jin cant be AnaPre himself just screws Sion over. But hey, now i dont have to suffer against Xiao. Hes your poison now~

Yeah honestly, im fine with giving this one to Jin. Sion is the more skilled one but that AnaPre combined with the fact that Jin cant be AnaPre himself just screws Sion over. But hey, now i dont have to suffer against Xiao. Hes your poison now~
Yeah, without the AnaPre, I don't think Jin would've been able to win. Also, obviously, I'm voting Jin.

Also funnily enough Jin can deal with Xiao's intangiblity BS

Back