• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 1 Concluded (Garou vs Takeshi)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the Left:
Garou! On the Right: Takeshi Yamato!

POFVuwZ.png
SXLbfxS.png

I already wrote both of the participants that the round has started. IF they dont reply within the next half a hour, we will skip ahead and begin with the next round

I already wrote both of the participants that the round has started. IF they dont reply within the next half a hour, we will skip ahead and begin with the next round
Thats kinda strict, no? So, we will just cancel this round if they don't answer?

They might be sleeping or smth.

I am not much knowlodgeable about Takeshi, but I know Garou very well and I am pretty sure that he have the skill advantage in this fight.

Any reasons why? The only reason I can find is that he is adaptive, and was a disciple under Fang.

Also, 30 mins have passed. Time for second round ;p

Best skill feats? Just wanna know, tbh.
Beat countless of martial artists and should be superior to his master as he could resist a barrage of attacks from him and his equal friend. Garou has managed to copy combat styles by seeing them once in action, even if he was in critical situations (he copied watchdog man's combat style while being heavily wounded and getting assaulted by like 5 heroes with guns and shiz). The martial artists in question are of completely random and different martial arts, this isn't simple karate or sth. He has been going through op martial arts gyms and destroying everyone there. He managed to overpower heavily experienced heroes too.

My argument would be thar Garou relies mainly on pure combat and doesn't really use abilities. He is EXTREMELY resilient. Basically he went through fights with multiple high tier heroes, got knocked by Saitama, got heavily wounded through his many fights and then was able to fight against a highly synergetic team of near top tier heroes. Then right after he dropped their asses, he got attacked by Genos, a cyborg (high tier hero) and then his master and his master's friend who was on an equal level. He got his ass beaten by them but still stood strong and managed to live until he got saved by the monster association, only to be forced into a struggle against Orochi (who's like island level or sth) where he also got his shiz kicked in but still managed through.
He was okay after that, pretty sure he stole some ramen or sth.

By countless, I assume you mean like >ten or so?

Also damn, dude's far stronger than I thought.
I mean like, imagine fighting through many martial arts gyms, each having definitely above 10 people. Of course, it could be attributed to his strength, but the fact that he was able to manage against Bang and Bomb (who are kinda like the top tier martial artists in the world) for a while shows that he is definitely superior

Nvm, dude constantly gets his ass kicked.

Poor guy, at least he got some ramen.
I mean he kicked ass for a while (tank top master, he kicked the crap out of all A class heroes, beat darkshine in tue form we have him in here) and he usually gets beaten up simply because he gets unfairly ganged up against constantly. Also Genos was basically iron man and Saitama is a god tier.

Now idk what the other party's Ap is but Garou scales just above baseline so >1gt. Despite that he not only can adapt to combat styles but also has accelerated development and can grow while fighting.

Yamamoto is 1.12 Gigatons.

Garou is more skilled than Takeshi but I wouldn't say by alot, and should have counters to most of his abilities in base. Though going into Takeshi's Cambio Forma, he uses a technique called Udachi: Kirisame (Brazen Right Blade: Cutting Rain). It allows him to shoot out blasts of water that weaken and powernull if they touch him, each blast of water will continually weaken the opponent, and his attacks also are synchronized with his other ability, that allows him to track the smell of his opponent, basically following their movements, and not allowing them to dodge, or hide.

He can also use it in conjunction with, Aggregate Art: Jiunoka (Rainy Metamorphosis). The ability has a massive range and AOE, and once the enemy is in range, it tranquilizes the opponent, slowing them and their abilities/attacks down. This ability in particular makes the enemy completely stop in place, unable to move.

Also every attack he uses has the "Tranquilizing" ability imbued into it, which is also the water he manipulates. If Garou and/or his abilities come in contact with said water, his movement/ability is rendered "useless", either stopping them in their tracks or nullifying them.

He also has tons of defensive and offensive moves that he can use to also counter Garou if he's close, since they all have power null properties

Also every attack he uses has the "Tranquilizing" ability imbued into it, which is also the water he manipulates. If Garou and/or his abilities come in contact with said water, his movement/ability is rendered "useless", either stopping them in their tracks or nullifying them.
wouldn't that be hax? I mean casually nullifying any attack with your attacks an making the opponent weaker as well seems kinda op

wouldn't that be hax? I mean casually nullifying any attack with your attacks an making the opponent weaker as well seems kinda op
yeah, though that only happens in his mode iirc

his base still has tranquilization properties but it's not nearly as potent as Jiunoka or any of his abilities in Cambio Forma. It's pretty minor iirc
actually yeah this is hax
He doesn't really use Jiunoka in character, he used it against an opponent who utilizes illusions, so he had to stop him in his tracks to beat him.

Yamamoto already has really freaking good senses, so even if Garou's really really fast he should be able to track him. The only time he'll use it is if Garou evolves to the point where he can't keep up in speed or physicals, then he'll probably throw it out to catch him. Whether he's still allowed here or not idk, I didn't choose him

Anyways i feel like Garou will just outlast him.
Garou also has pressure point techniques which take down opponents so i feel like he'll just get to Takeshi and take him out very soon

In base, Yamamoto has an ability called Gofuu Juuu (May Wind, October Rain) where he's able to synchronize his breathing with his opponent, and dodge their attacks, at high speed. He also has a bunch of feint attacks that can trick his opponent, but I highly doubt any of those are working on Garou.

Though once he adds the Rain Flame attribute onto his abilities, he's then able to tranquilize his abilities wearing them down and slowing them down. With Attaco di Squalo (Attack of the Shark), he slashes at the opponent, and if his sword makes contact with the opponent it stuns the opponent's muscles, and with the Rain Flame the stun is more effective, and lasts longer.

Anyways i feel like Garou will just outlast him.
Garou also has pressure point techniques which take down opponents so i feel like he'll just get to Takeshi and take him out very soon
Yamamoto can dodge his attacks using Gofuu Juuu, and can also wear down his stamina, mobility and movement with each slash.

He also has an extremely keen sense of smell with his dog aiding him in combat, allowing him to locate his opponents. AND has a radar that detect vibrations in the air and around him.

Yamamoto can dodge his attacks using Gofuu Juuu, and can also wear down his stamina, mobility and movement with each slash.
1. Heck's a gofuu juuu
2. Each slash needs to actually hit and garou's crazy stamina and constant adaptation and power ups should counter it for enough time for him to get him using pressure points and techniques.

He also has an extremely keen sense of smell with his dog aiding him in combat, allowing him to locate his opponents. AND has a radar that detect vibrations in the air and around him.
Ain't gonna help when your opponent is hitting pressure points while evading hits right in front of you

Back