• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 7 (Luffy vs Jeritza)

luffy takes this, not only because of the point above but because luffy has an unrealistic variety of attacks that many characters would not expect from his rival

Jeritza doesn’t even use blunt force so that point is bunk and the Haki wouldn’t balance out both the AP and piercing.

Jeritza has other spell he can counter with such as Death. could Luffy even dodge that considering the size?

Jeritza has a similar amount of variety considering how many weapons and spells he has.

The thing is Luffy, even with Haki, will still struggle to hit Jeritza considering the “range advantage” By that I mean if Luffy goes for a elongated punch, Jeritza could just parry by well, stabbing his hand, considering that speed is equal and the punch will need to cross a good distance to hit him. Luffy is likely not getting super close to beat that because his opponent wields magic, along with lances or scythes.

I seen the gameplay of Death Γ, it is hardly that huge.

I guess Jeritza has some sort of variety (not really as much as Luffy), given he has a lance and a sword alongside his scythe, and he has only two damaging spells that can actually do damage to Luffy (Nosferatu and Death Γ) since his other damaging spells are electricity based and we know how well Luffy do against those.

You do know that Luffy can change the direction of his punches, right? And in Snakeman, every time he does change the direction of his punches, it gets even faster than before.

At the end of the day, Jeritza does not have anything to deal with Luffy‘s ability to see Jeritza’s movements beforehand with his Precognition and avoid his attacks.

Anyways, I forgot to mention that I vote for Luffy FRA

Luffy can close the distance, you know? He has good Mid and long range options but he has no reasons to not get close. And if he's using Snakeman, his attack speed increases the more he stretches and bounces his arms.

Haki would help to not get obliterated with a piercing attack. That's the argument I was making. Luffy's still 2.6x weaker but that difference is not as helpful as the wide variety of advantages he has.

Also he can just take Jer's weapons and throw them away. The Lifting Strength difference is massive.

And most options are either ignored via Haki Precognition allowing him to act before Jer or another Haki Forcefields to help him reduce the damage in case he can't dodge or stop Jer.

yeah Luffy CoO at this point is broken not to mention snakeman can change the course of its attacks midway. Also if counter can be dodged Luffy can Dodge it

Back