• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 12 (Luffy vs Hibari)

His Haki defensive capability would still mitigate the damage tremendously, I don't see 100 spikes doing all to much damage against something harder than steel and still have the rubber properties.

Edit: The handcuffs ain't doing jack unfortunately, Hibari is only peak human and retrained people with said lifting strength. Luffy is class T, wayyyy above Hibari.
Lmao You dont break the Handcuffs with lifting strength. Its Durability is higher than Luffy’s ap that fact remains. Also 100 Spikes that is higher than Luffy’s ap would still damage Luffy even if he used haki

Well first off, it's a restraint so yeah it would require lifting strength in order to bind the opponent. And no, Luffy is the one who has the stat advantage, Luffy scales to 1.65 gigs and can increase it further with KKG or other notable attacks like Kong Organ.

The spikes wouldn't do much, firstly the spikes aren't too big to begin with so even if they do pierce his Haki ( which it won't for several reasons, Busoshoku is literally a counter measure to bladed and piercing weapons. ) and I've already gone over why Hibari having the AP advantage is wrong. The numbers back up Luffy, not vice versa.

Well first off, it's a restraint so yeah it would require lifting strength in order to bind the opponent. And no, Luffy is the one who has the stat advantage, Luffy scales to 1.65 gigs and can increase it further with KKG or other notable attacks like Kong Organ.

The spikes wouldn't do much, firstly the spikes aren't too big to begin with so even if they do pierce his Haki ( which it won't for several reasons, Busoshoku is literally a counter measure to bladed and piercing weapons. ) and I've already gone over why Hibari having the AP advantage is wrong. The numbers back up Luffy, not vice versa.
Hibari is 1.8 Gigatons and Luffy still gets hurt by sharp objects as seen with Hody. And seeing as to how Hibari has the ap advantage he still hurts Luffy. Also no The Handcuffs aren’t based on Lifting strength it just isn’t

> Comparing Fishman Island Luffy's Haki to Post Udon's

Lmao the Hody argument doesn't even remotely apply to this Luffy. Honestly right that arc Luffy's Busoshoku Haki is pretty good, Doffy couldn't even stab into him much despite being vaslty superior to base Luffy.

Also his weakness to bladed and cutting weapons is greatly exaggerated tbh.

The handcuffs multiply around the body faster than comparable characters can react and easily impales them with a whole host of giant spikes on them. Even precog wouldn't help if he got caught by that.

His precognition is more versatile than Hyper Intuition in regards to the layers of precog he has. Future sight, mind reading, intent sensing, amongst several different abilities. Future sight see several seconds into the future and he can spam it.

More versatile in sensory? Nope. More varied in Precog? No. Better precog abilities? Sure.

It's difficult to compare the two though tbh.

Elaborate on how Hyper Intuition is more versatile in sensing abilities or more varied in precog than Luffy's Kenbunshoku Haki.

His Haki defensive capability would still mitigate the damage tremendously, I don't see 100 spikes doing all to much damage against something harder than steel and still have the rubber properties.

Edit: The handcuffs ain't doing jack unfortunately, Hibari is only peak human and retrained people with said lifting strength. Luffy is class T, wayyyy above Hibari.
When being harder than steel was a feat for H7A characters? And the weakest flame in KHR can melt steel, so no problem? Search for Hibari vs Daisy on youtube, he uses his Cambio Forma during their fight, and he was able to cut Daisy with no problem, who is >>>2x897MTs.

Also, igniting underwater is a heat feat? How hot Red Hawk needs to be to do it? Also, no, the fire isn't spawned inside the opponent, Luffy punches and the heat transmission burns the insides.

There's a massive difference between the density of flesh and steel, regardless of the durability of either substance. It's a much harder surface to cut and stab through in comparison to the flesh, and that's nice but melting and being able to pierce are two very different things. Melting is a consequence of tempering, piercing is a consequence of sharpness and AP. Complete and total false comparison on your end. Also just to note Hibari failed to stab through steel beams.

I'll find an exact temperature soon and that's irrelevant since it still penetrates beyond skin without directly burning the surface. It's main point is to target organs, not flesh.

Elaborate on how Hyper Intuition is more versatile in sensing abilities or more varied in precog than Luffy's Kenbunshoku Haki.
That's not what I said. Saying Kenbunshoku Haki is not more versatile and varied, is not saying Hyper Intuition IS more versatile and varied.

I'm more-so saying they are comparable.

Hyper Intuition has pretty much every Kenbunshoku Haki feat and more. Just future sight is not as clear/is a lesser degree.

There's a massive difference between the density of flesh and steel, regardless of the durability of either substance. It's a much harder surface to cut and stab through in comparison to the flesh, and that's nice but melting and being able to pierce are two very different things. Melting is a consequence of tempering, piercing is a consequence of sharpness and AP. Complete and total false comparison on your end. Also just to note Hibari failed to stab through steel beams.

I'll find an exact temperature soon and that's irrelevant since it still penetrates beyond skin without directly burning the surface. It's main point is to target organs, not flesh.
My point wasn't that melting steel would allow to cut it, tho, it was meant to be an equivalence to Luffy's Red Hawk burning the insides, i just forgot to move it to the part i was talking about Red Hawk, mb on that. Also, when Hibari failed to cut steel beams? I don't remember when that happened.

And Luffy's Busoshoku Haki is also harder than steel and has resistance to fire manipulation with his base and further elemental resistance with CoA. Hibari also has no way to bypass Goken's barrier creation.

And Luffy's Busoshoku Haki is also harder than steel and has resistance to fire manipulation with his base and further elemental resistance with CoA. Hibari also has no way to bypass Goken's barrier creation.
Dying will flames aren’t even fire. Why wouldn’t he bypass the barrier creation?

Yeah. DWF just radiate heat and look similar to fire, but are something akin to the manifestation of mental/spiritual energy.

Yes and no, it only sends energy inside someone, so if another verse has characters has powers that protect their inside it is useless.

I need to do a composite OP vs composite KHR later...

Anyway, what is each side wincon?
Composite Battle? Also Luffy wincon is using precog and snakeman speed amps to dodge the Handcuffs while Hibari's wincon is the handcuffs. Overall Luffy's wincon will be hard to achieve. Goken should still work to a certain extent but he most likely isnt gonna one shot hibari. Also how does Hibari's resistance to power null work?

Not at all Luffy take versatility but Hibari has a better wincon
Red Hawk isn't going to be useful until someone has proof it is hotter than lava, Goken was never used against another human, and even if Luffy uses it against Kaido, he has his sixth sense to know Hibari isn't a bad person, so he will not go for the kill. Hibari may not have Tsuna's precog but he still has the cloud radar, so even if Luffy changes to Snake man after the start it will not insta defeat him (Snake man is also <<1.65, since Snakeman is physically weaker than Boundman), i am also thinking about doing a thread about tier and cutting different materials, i understand the logic but it feels strange to me.

I would say Hibari's only advantage is the handcuffs to incap and Luffy's advantage is future sight, everything else they are entirely comparable.

The handcuffs were already adressed though. How could you restrain him when he has far better lifting feats than anyone he restrained?

Not to mention Luffy can rapidly expand just to snap them, he's already shown counter measures to restraints as seen with Doffy's Parsito.

Not to mention Luffy can rapidly expand just to snap them, he's already shown counter measures to restraints as seen with Doffy's Parsito.
Luffy wont snap cuffs with Lifting strength alone. The cuffs literally have higher durability than Luffy’s ap

Red Hawk isn't going to be useful until someone has proof it is hotter than lava, Goken was never used against another human, and even if Luffy uses it against Kaido, he has his sixth sense to know Hibari isn't a bad person, so he will not go for the kill. Hibari may not have Tsuna's precog but he still has the cloud radar, so even if Luffy changes to Snake man after the start it will not insta defeat him (Snake man is also <<1.65, since Snakeman is physically weaker than Boundman), i am also thinking about doing a thread about tier and cutting different materials, i understand the logic but it feels strange to me.

I would say Hibari's only advantage is the handcuffs to incap and Luffy's advantage is future sight, everything else they are entirely comparable.
Hibari killed deisy though and im pretty sure participants are willing to kill.

Basically its ur choice if you think Luffy can dodge the handcuffs with his precog and speed then he wins but if you think Hibari can put so much as a single cuff on Luffy Hibari wins. I’m voting Hibari

Yes he will
It is restraining him, holding him.
He has to push against it, not strike it. That involves lifting/pushing, not striking.
The cuffs aren’t working on him.

Back