• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 12 (Luffy vs Hibari)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
latest

Round 12 of the High 7-A Bracket beginns!

The 2 fighters are Hibari and Luffy

The battle takes place in a sealed off Central Park, both combatants start 20 meters apart.

Luffy:
Hibari:

latest
latest

So from what I can tell
Luffy has the Stat advantage
Hibachi has a barrier and a decent skill advantage.

This is Choice arc Hibari He’s pretty skilled but Luffy still has the skill advantage.

Hibari can use roll but Luffy’s Snakeman is pretty versatile and stuff. Also what are their ap again?

Edit: I was able to find a calc that Hibari scales above which is 897 Megatons but I couldn’t find one for Luffy

Edit: Nvm I found the Xburner Calc which was 2Gigatons So Hibari should be around that Ap.

Last edited:
Also i’m pretty sure Gear fourth is counted as a speed amp as well that is way faster than any speed amp gear second can provide.

Also Witch you might want to contact dragnoir and Yung for Statements on Hibari

Last edited:
I honestly think Luffy is at a decent skill disadvantage, he just has combat advantage because of precog.

The main way I see Hibari winning this is via flooding the battlefield with Roll and forcing Luffy into one of the spikes. As precog which is pretty much as good as Hyper Intuition, actually better in specific areas but not quite as versatile, will make it pretty difficult to hit Luffy in H2H combat. It even makes the handcuff wincon difficult to achieve (Although, If he does manage to get a handcuff on Luffy it's pretty much GG from there). This isn't to say he gets crushed in this respect, because he's still on par with people who can trick and get around Hyper Intuition even without having something similar themselves.

I say all that to say; Luffy doesn't have too much going for him here offensively. His best bet is to tire out Hibari and/or Roll in a battle of attrition.

So, who wins? I have no forking idea. Pick your poison.

I honestly think Luffy is at a decent skill disadvantage, he just has combat advantage because of precog.

The main way I see Hibari winning this is via flooding the battlefield with Roll and forcing Luffy into one of the spikes. As precog which is pretty much as good as Hyper Intuition, actually better in specific areas but not quite as versatile, will make it pretty difficult to hit Luffy in H2H combat. It even makes the handcuff wincon difficult to achieve (Although, If he does manage to get a handcuff on Luffy it's pretty much GG from there). This isn't to say he gets crushed in this respect, because he's still on par with people who can trick and get around Hyper Intuition even without having something similar themselves.

I say all that to say; Luffy doesn't have too much going for him here offensively. His best bet is to tire out Hibari and/or Roll in a battle of attrition.

So, who wins? I have no forking idea. Pick your poison.
i thought only vongola bosses have hyper intuition? well basically Luffy dodges most of Roll's spikes with CoO and if he gets hit by some CoA should reduce the damage by a significant amount. Luffy proceeds to use Gear fourth to have a pretty big speed advantage and beats him while Hibari's wincon is the handcuffs. Also can you explain how Hibari has the skill advantage?

Luffy starts in G4, he isn't H7A without it, so his Busoshoku is already acounted for his dura and ap (i.e no further increases), while Hibari has the physical stats advantage, and his sixth sense with the Cloud Radar should be able to avoid most attacks due to speed equal, and he shouldn't start in Snake Man anyway, since his go to G4 is Bound Man. Luffy has yet to use Goken in a living target (the tree does not count), for now it is OOC since it would cause death, and Luffy isn't a killer, Hibari has the Range advantage technically, as well as barriers equally durable as him (think of it as the fight with Cracker but now stronger than G4), i think Hibari should be able to fight more than Luffy can sustain G4. Hibari FRA.

Yeah, probably, it incaped a character comparable to Hibari with no problem, someone weaker should be even easier.

wait can hibari use roll alongside the handcuffs? iirc doesnt it transform into the handcuff? or was it smth else

He wouldn't change for the handcuffs before he is sure the opponent will be unable to break them, so it does not matter much.

Versatility? What? He just punches and kicks, with each missed attack becoming faster.
Okay I think your really underselling Luffy here by a decent shot.

Luffy is pretty versatile, Hibari is gonna have a difficult time even hurting base Luffy due to his blunt force resi, let alone his Gear Fourth resistance which is even better, and in comparison to Hibari Luffy is the much more versatile of the two. Speed amps, physical attack reflection, two forms of durability negation in the form of Red Hawk and Goken, which isn't OOC for Luffy since he's been training for Kaido so he'll only use it against comparable opponents, like here for instance. Luffy also has his own barrier creation, fire manipulation, lightning manipulation, etc.

Not to mention Hibari's AP is negligible at best.

Okay I think your really underselling Luffy here by a decent shot.

Luffy is pretty versatile, Hibari is gonna have a difficult time even hurting base Luffy due to his blunt force resi, let alone his Gear Fourth resistance which is even better, and in comparison to Hibari Luffy is the much more versatile of the two. Speed amps, physical attack reflection, two forms of durability negation in the form of Red Hawk and Goken, which isn't OOC for Luffy since he's been training for Kaido so he'll only use it against comparable opponents, like here for instance. Luffy also has his own barrier creation, fire manipulation, lightning manipulation, etc.

the thing is only skill and speed matter because one touch from alaude handcuffs and Hibari wins. and seeing as to how speed is equal and Luffy start at gear fourth he doesnt have any speed amps besides snakeman.

Is Speed Equalized? I don’t see it mentioned.

And what with this handcuff. I didn’t know Hibari was into kinky stuff. That aside, can Hibari trap someone with a high LS as Luffy in them. And also, what prevents Luffy from destroying this handcuff thing with his strength or Haki?

Red Hawk is just fire, characters below Hibari can bath in magma, and "training it for Kaido" and "going to kill everyone" aren't the same thing, the possibility of Luffy not killing Kaido is much bigger than the reverse. Hibari can also absorb lightning, fire and arguably Goken anyway. Aren't we use energy equalization here? Shouldn't DWF = Haki? And even after the training in the Wano arc, we have no proof he can stay in G4 forever, more than the previous limit? Yes, but we don't know by how much, so Hibari will eventually be able to incap. Fair point in the AP tho, i forgot G3 was 7A+ in Wano.

Is Speed Equalized? I don’t see it mentioned.

And what with this handcuff. I didn’t know Hibari was into kinky stuff. That aside, can Hibari trap someone with a high LS as Luffy in them. And also, what prevents Luffy from destroying this handcuff thing with his strength or Haki?
They cover the entire body, not only the hands. IDK what Haki should do here. And about his strength, Zakuro did the 897MTs feat casually, a few years before the Choice arc iirc, so everyone scales above that, then we have the Carnage Box multiplier, and then we have Hibari fighting Carnage Daisy without his Cambio Forma (the handcuffs), so his CF scales even above 1.7, not a huge gap, but a still strong enough another 1.7 couldn't break it.

Wait wait wait, speed isn't equal? Speed stomp then, until we do the speed revisions there is no way Hibari can fight a Rel+, and even with the revisions this key would be sub-rel+ at most.

Last edited:
Red Hawk isn't just fire, it spawns the fire inside the of opponent burning organs and such. Also the base temperature of lava is nothing, Luffy's Red Hawk can ignite under water, something Lava can't do.

Doesn't matter, Goken isn't even a killing move and considering Luffy can simply aim for non vitals with it using Goken shouldn't be an issue.

DWF and Haki can't be Equalized, they provide different abilities and work on completely different systems so absorbing Goken isn't an option.

Also I keep seeing "handcuffs ftw" but Luffy has much higher lifting strength and the spikes still need to penetrate his Haki defense.

But don’t they start at the hand though before he multiply them so they cover the entire body, with the added help of Precognition Luffy have more than even time to see, react and destroy the kinky handcuff before they engulf his entire body. Also, does Hibari often uses this move as his go-to move?

And we do have the Rubber Man being able to use strongest attacks like his King Kong Gun and King Cobra... which can knock out those that can fight and harm his G4 forms.

I still having doubt that even if Hibari does trap Luffy that he can fully incap him since Luffy have a significant LS advantage over Hibari and not break free from it.

And is Speed Equalized? I don’t see it in the OP

I don’t know this Zakuro person, but with a feat like that, why doesn’t he/she have a profile.

His Haki defensive capability would still mitigate the damage tremendously, I don't see 100 spikes doing all to much damage against something harder than steel and still have the rubber properties.

Edit: The handcuffs ain't doing jack unfortunately, Hibari is only peak human and retrained people with said lifting strength. Luffy is class T, wayyyy above Hibari.

Last edited:
Back