• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 12 (Luffy vs Hibari)

Im voting Hibari. Even if Luffy can break his cuffs he just needs an instant to pull it and Luffy is most likely dead.

That may work actually.
Are the box weapons alive? Can't remember if Natsu and others are real animals or just DWF constructs or something like that. And it isn't like they are weak, Hibari damaged a H7A with a kick before using Cambio Forma, and Roll is comparable to Hibari, so it would be two H7As fighting Luffy.

And what is Luffy wincon anyway? No one here has a scan of Luffy using Goken as first move to kill his opponent, Red Hawk isn't a problem, future-sight will be of great help but isn't a wincon by itself, AP and Dura aren't in Luffy's side, Boundman does not have speed amps iirc, and if he changes to Snakeman (iirc he can't change directly, so he will need to go to base form and Hibari needs to not attack him, since he can't use Kin'niku Fusen mid fight), it's amps aren't massive and are for punches/kicks only anyway, so i don't see how they would be a problem to the Cloud Radar, and Hibari has his own amps, since using Cambio Forma should increase his stats by 2x times.

If they are real animals it would mean the original creators of box weapons created life.

Which isn't too far fetched considering some of the other scientific achievements seen in KHR. Namely time travel and molecule splitting.

Are the box weapons alive? Can't remember if Natsu and others are real animals or just DWF constructs or something like that. And it isn't like they are weak, Hibari damaged a H7A with a kick before using Cambio Forma, and Roll is comparable to Hibari, so it would be two H7As fighting Luffy.

And what is Luffy wincon anyway? No one here has a scan of Luffy using Goken as first move to kill his opponent, Red Hawk isn't a problem, future-sight will be of great help but isn't a wincon by itself, AP and Dura aren't in Luffy's side, Boundman does not have speed amps iirc, and if he changes to Snakeman (iirc he can't change directly, so he will need to go to base form and Hibari needs to not attack him, since he can't use Kin'niku Fusen mid fight), it's amps aren't massive and are for punches/kicks only anyway, so i don't see how they would be a problem to the Cloud Radar, and Hibari has his own amps, since using Cambio Forma should increase his stats by 2x times.
Snakeman combat speed gets higher overall. Its speed amp is comparable to g2. Besides im pretty sure Luffy doesn't use red hawk in g4. His wincon is consistently dealing damage to Hibari which is unlikely. That's why im voting Hibari

I don't think he'd be able to.

But as I've said, I'm not even someone who thins that's a realistic wincon for Hibari.

Cause he wouldn't be fast enough to do it before being at least partially impaled, to which point he'd already have lost.

Once they get on his arms LS wouldn't even matter (Even if you think it could normally) because iirc even Luffy can't vertically flex arm bones while in fourth gear. That's one of the reasons why I think LS doesn't always break out of everything. You break out via flexing your joints using your muscle strength, so you cannot flex places where there are no joints to use your muscles and therefore break out of the incap.

Although that part might not apply to Luffy so much, I don't remember if he can flex bones vertically or not, horizontally he can though. My main argument here is my first point.

I mostly skimmed through this thread, but to give some clarity on Luffy's capabilities in general:

When it comes to Kenbunshoku Haki, he is gifted when it comes to the sensory aspect, capable of knowing the location/intentions of individuals attacking him. After combating against Katakuri, his ability of foresight became true (albeit very limited) future-sight that allows him to see consistently into the future (unless he's messing around).

For Busoshoku Haki, he is capable of making his body harder than most metals and can crush iron and steel very easily. When learning Ryuo, he learned how to extend the Haki outside of his body, creating barriers, extensions in his attacks, and honed these abilities to the point where he could perform Goken--an ability to send Haki inside of objects/people, capable of weakening and destroying them with his Haki.

For Haoshoku Haki, it's typically ignored in versus matches, but it can be very useful given that it is an intimidation tool, can render any beast (or individuals with limited self-identity/worth) docile. It has also been shown used in conjunction with attacks to create shockwaves of the effect.

Luffy Devil Fruit basically makes him nigh-invincible against physical trauma and electricity. However, he's weaker to slashing/piercing (though Gear 4th negates both of these weaknesses). He can stretch vast distances at insane speeds, and can continuously accelerate his attacks while still stretching. He can fly via elastic force and enhance his speed for example.

Luffy's intelligence is something that gets downplayed. When it comes to combat, he's basically a genius and can figure out ways to defeat his opponents and weaken them if his typical tactics fail. He's been doing this since the start of the series and has only been ineffective against individuals who happen to be significantly above him (Crocodile, Aokiji, Kizaru, Akainu. All other cases of his defeats being results of emotional trauma or lack of motivation... such as Lucci/Kuma/Magellan)

----

To answer everyone who talks about "Luffy being pierced", he's tanked and deflected piercing attacks from Cracker and Doflamingo with his Gear 4th because his Haki and Elastic body harmonized to form a median that was both Rubbery and Hard. He's highly resistant to all types of physical attacks via his Gear 4th transformations (At least for Bound-Man and Tank-Man cuz Snake-Man has terrible durability feats)

He also isn't a scrub tho, he scales to Hibari tier, and i still think DWF=Haki, since both are related to will.

Just because DWF and Haki come from the same place for make then comparable. They still have different applications and stipulations. You can’t just assert them as the same with all of these differences

Just because DWF and Haki come from the same place for make then comparable. They still have different applications and stipulations. You can’t just assert them as the same with all of these differences
Having different applications isn't really a reason to not = the two, for example, Bleach's spiritual energy and HxH's have very different applications, but afaik they are equalized. But anyway, did anyone explain what makes Haki and DWF so different? Both are powered by will, both are related to souls to some extent.

Back