• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Kratos Justification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratos (2018)

Is High 6-A because of this.. "Multi-Continent level (Stronger than Baldur. The battle between the World Serpent and Thor shook all the Nine Realms, and even a single one is the size of the Earth. The World Serpent was also described as being large enough to encircle Midgard)"

I've played through the game and even got a platinum trophy,but I don't recall any of the realms being stated to be the size of Earth,and as for the World Serpent he indeed does encircle the norse world,but it's implied to be only Scandanavia and that the native people there only know that as their "world" by the writers.They also stated Kratos got on a boat and went north in order to reach the norse realm.

@Sigurd Snake in The Eye, The writers stated that they think it all of the earth or what those who worship Norse Myths thought the world was. In, Norse Mythology, the realm could look large as a Star to Solar System as Thor (Myth) and Odin (Myth)'s profile shows.

I think that Earth is a good estimated and better low-ball.

Also, here the link to the CTR that gave Kratos (2018) the upgrade for perspective, Possible GOW Revision

The "world" is midgard via the interview at least what the norse people refer to it as,but the norse realm isn't actually the size of an enitre planet..It's just the general region where the worshippers lived.

Which makes sense since they're all seperated from each other,that they would refer to their region as the "world".

@Sigurd Snake in The Eye, I understand what you mean that why the earth was chosen as a low-ball for the rating for now. There will likely an upgrade following the new game.

I don't think your understanding,Jormungandr isn't wrapping around an entire planet but merely a section of the world where the Norse pantheon live which is likely Scandinavia,meaning the earth being used is nonsense.

The developers stated that if you walked enough on any of the realms you could get into their equivalent of Egypt. They're all the same size occupying the same space, which is Earth.

Midgard isn't Scandinavia, it is Earth.

Midgard is earth at least that is what the Norse people call it,but Midgard is also their world which is their region of the planet.

And cool,the writers stated what I'm saying right now via the interview I linked,they even say Kratos literally took a boat to the new region and went north.

Jormungandr isn't wrapping around the entire planet,not even Kratos believes that himself and simply calls it an exaggeration.He is indeed the world serpent because he lives in the Norse region but not the whole planet.

Thank you for telling me about Norse lore. I've already said Midgard=Earth,but it's also their region of earth.What your posting is vague lore and I'm posting a direct interview from the writers who were asked directly if it's earth and the specifications of it.

And of course you could theoretically get there which is what they say in the same interview I linked,because they're all on a single planet and the fact that Kratos got to Scandinavia on a boat.

No it's not. They outright confirm it as Earth. Each region of Earth isn't a separate realm, that's never remotely implied. I can show contrary evidence when Kratos witnesses wars from all human history and continents upon taking his seat as the God of War.

Also statement from Cory Balrog that if you walked far enough in, say, Alfheim, you'd eventually reach their equivalent of Egypt. They aren't nearly as small as you suggest.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
And of course you could theoretically get there which is what they say in the same interview I linked,because they're all on a single planet and the fact that Kratos got to Scandinavia on a boat.
So you debunked yourself. Kratos literally sailed from Greece to Scandinavia. It is not a different realm. They call it "Midgard" because that's their word for Earth. Do I live in a different planet than you do because in my language the word for Earth is "Terra"? Of course not.

I'm not suggesting anything,I'm merely telling you what the writers stated outright in the interview I posted.

I'm not sure what your posting has to do with Jormungandr size,it's impossible for it to wrap around the literal planet and "world" is used in conjunction to the region that they live in.

Yes, the writers stated that Midgard is Earth. So Jormungandr, who is mainly referred to as the World Serpent, circles the world which is called Midgard.

It's so simple.

And no, something large can wrap around the planet.

This is the same interview I posted,which they also state Midgard is relative to the section where the Norse rule because it's the only world they know.

And no they say in theory you can get to the equivalent because they're just alternate dimensions stacked on top of each other which has nothing to do with Jormungandr who lives in a lake by the way.

Yes, it is a semantics issue, Sigurd. "Gaea" and "Midgard" are the same thing, the planet which we call Earth. They are not different realms. And the other realms are all the same size as Midgard, which has Scandinavia, Greece, Egypt, and all five continents.

That's your headcanon, never is that remotely suggested. You invented that Midgard =/= Earth when the opposite has been stated twice, and then says that Jormungandr only wraps around Scandinavia.

No, it is the World Serpent. It wraps around the world.

No it's not, Sigurd. The Norse World is the same as the Greek World, Earth. Midgard is literally their word for Earth.

And no, in the context of God of War it's the planet. Once again you are inventing things.

Midgard she also literally the word for their region Matthew,there is no other word they use for it.

No you're wrong,in the context of God of War it's a section of the planet stated in the same interview about Alfheim.

Jormungandr lives in the lake of nine and when it stretches out it can wrap around the "world".

Sigurd, Midgard means "Middle Enclosure". Because it is the Middle Realm that is beneath Asgard "Aesir Enclosure" and Hel. It doesn't mean Scandinavia.

It is the term ancient Nordic people used to refer to Earth. When Leif Erikson found America in his sails, he didn't think he had somehow left Midgard. No, he just got to a different part of it. Same with the Vikings who sailed all the way down to the Mediterranean.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Look at the interview I posted Dargoo 1:50.
You... do realize, even disregarding what Matt said in response to that, he said "we've never said for certain" and mentions that that's entirely in his mind; not representative of the actual lore and evidence that points in the opposition of that.

Thank you for the fine history lesson,but this is God of War.

Jormungandr size is only relative to that portion of the planet,I'm only calling it Scandinavia because that is historically Norse territory.

Can you stop being condescending, Sigurd?

It is not. You have yet to prove anything. You said an objectively innacurate thing, that Midgard is a word used to refer to the nations the nordic people lived, which is false. That never happened. The Vikings colonized Iceland after leaving Scandinavia and it is from Iceland that the written Norse Myths came from. They still use Midgard despite being on another country.

Which he then later explained and the other writer agreed upon as a good interpretation,the same interview also says "theoretically" you can walk from alfheim to somewhere like Egypt version of it which is just a "theory" that Matt also uses as evidence.

It's not a theory, that's Cory Barlog explaining how it works. He also unquestioningly refers to Midgard as being Earth in another video, where he even states that Kratos in Greece was in Midgard.

I'm not being condescending -.- at all.

Those points are irrelevant to god of war the game which explained its relative to the section as well.

Now it may not be Scandinavia but it's also not an entire planet Jormungandr stretches.

You were, twice you've went "Thanks for the history lesson" and dismissed my argument entirely.

And no, it's very relevant. You've invented a definition for Midgard which doesn't exist and is unequivocally false both in-universe and in real life. Midgard is just the Old Norse word for Earth. Just like the Ancient Greek word for Earth is Gaea. They don't mean "Scandinavia" and "Greece" respectively.

And Cory states that Midgard is Earth so there is really no argument.

Because the history is irrelevant to the game well at at least that part of it,you yourself have dismissed my argument as if I'm pulling out of nowhere when the writers stated it.

The part that Kratos is in is only a section of "Midgard" that the Norse rule over not an entire planet.

And the writers also state Midgard is earth,but they also state Midgard is relative to the area that those people live in.

It's not irrelevant. And the writers have stated the exact opposite of what you insist. Midgard is the Earth. The game takes place in the Norse section of it but Jormungandr circles the world. Also Jormungandr vs Thor was felt across the nine realms and destroyed Yggdrasil so that's not even the only feat used.

Keyword is "section" which is what Jormungandr stretches around. And no they didn't destroy Yggdrasil only merely damaged it,this is also relevant because part of the justification says it wraps around the planet which is what the CRT linked above goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back