• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 3A Saitama (Please read the post before making a decision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't going through and will be closed, but can someone for the love of god at least acknowledge the main counterpoint, being the sperm scaling??????? If you're gonna disagree all of you need to do it in a way that makes you look smart at the very least

Almost all settings with FTL feats have this theory being canon by sheer virtue of them having laws of physics within their narrative and Einstein having existed in the same historical manner at some point.

Can we please stop assuming X theory existing means it's applicable to every instance of a character's feats? Might as well downgrade almost all non-FTL verses to Tier 9 since they follow the 1st Law of Thermodynamics by this logic.
Just effing let them. they LIKE it.

I made my verdict after reading the whole thread so far. I disagree.

While you could imply from Murata's statement about Tatsumaki and Geryuganshoop flinging things and friction that the theory of general relativity is in place, we don't have enough evidence to show that Saitama and Garou were abiding by that theory. Heck, the various reasons such as the universe not being destroyed, needing other methods to time travel instead of doing so through sheer speed, and to a lesser extent the scaling issues that would provide for other FTL characters (or even the entire cast) disprove the idea of Saitama and Garou being High 3-A due to moving FTL.

Also, STOP bringing up characters like the Flash or even Superman. The Flash has the Speed Force, which prevents the negative consequences associated with FTL movement from occurring, and Superman has a bioelectric aura to explain why he doesn't rip the universe apart when going at full speed. Saitama and Garou honestly have no reason to justify them not having massive gravitational fields and ripping apart the universe aside from "well, the plot still has to keep going" and the notion that they're just throwing around terms they don't fully understand.

This thread has long since been rejected. Anyone have issue with me closing it? The issues brought up about our standards on this matter can be addressed in another thread I think.

In OPM chapter 169, Genos brings up 3 theories as to how Saitama traveled back in time.

One of them is about Saitama "Surpassing the speed of light" and going "beyond the event horizon". This hypothesis is "based on the theory of relativity".

This means that:
  1. Saitama surpassed the Speed Of Light. (Also obvious from viewing near Sol attacks as a joke)
  2. The general theory of relativity, which prevents objects from moving FTL is a known phenomenon recognized by the characters of this universe.
As you all know, going FTL according to the Theory of Relativity would require infinite energy, or High 3A. I propose a "possibly" or "likely" rating, as Genos brings up the possibility that the laws of physics just might not apply to him. On the other hand, generating antimatter is caused by coliding particles at high speeds, (the hadron collider can make barely any moving at 99.9999991% Sol), so Saitama generating a bunch of antiparticles to go back in time is further evidence that not only is he FTL, normal physics apply.

And before someone says "it's a hypothesis" by Genos, the fact that he's making the hypothesis at all means the Theory of Relativity exists in this universe, otherwise he would never have brought it up, meaning the same points still apply.

This CRT is not for determining what to do about currently Sol-FTL characters, it's just for setting the ground work by putting Saitama as High 3A. I would think Cosmic Fear Mode Garou still scales.

Agree:
mega agree. meanwhile, saitama can also potentially get 3A with "accelerated development"

Ziller's Nightmare FRA

unknown.png

Yeah, sadly. I think my mistake was that I should have combined this with other pieces of evidence that would have helped my case.

Although given a lot of responses, I'm starting to think that 70% of the people who disagreed didn't even read the post or prior discussion.

Yeah, sadly. I think my mistake was that I should have combined this with other pieces of evidence that would have helped my case.

Although given a lot of responses, I'm starting to think that 70% of the people who disagreed didn't even read the post or prior discussion.
Also, you probably should've left High 3-A Saitama out of the title. Some people, not all, but some, have an irrational mindset that makes them immediately go on the defensive whenever they even glance at something they think could not be true, which is why a lot of people will deny it without even viewing (or even if they do, sometimes just ignoring) your reasoning. Basically, some subconscious bias is gonna be caused by a title like that, just saying "OPM Upgrade" or something similar would have probably been better and resulted in more people actually bothering to acknowledge your argument before reaching a conclusion.

Also, you probably should've left High 3-A Saitama out of the title. Some people, not all, but some, have an irrational mindset that makes them immediately go on the defensive whenever they even glance at something they think could not be true, which is why a lot of people will deny it without even viewing (or even if they do, sometimes just ignoring) your reasoning. Basically, some subconscious bias is gonna be caused by a title like that, just saying "OPM Upgrade" or something similar would have probably been better and resulted in more people actually bothering to acknowledge your argument before reaching a conclusion.
Yeah I saw a few responses where the person clearly didn't even skim the post.

I'd also ask with the antiparticles, wouldn't Saitama have already been doing that by moving FTL?
Yes, but most of them would just zip off and harmlessly explode in single positron reactions. It's only when he deliberately starts creating a lot, and keeping them within himself that we see him go back in time.

Yes, but most of them would just zip off and harmlessly explode in single positron reactions. It's only when he deliberately starts creating a lot, and keeping them within himself that we see him go back in time.
interesting
but what about the fact that saitama's growth at it's peak is exponential, and at its not peak is linear. The moment he broke his limiter, he got stronger through accelerated development over a long period of time, but mathematically speaking there is no way he can go from high 6-A to being high 3-A with just exponential growth, he would have to have gotten an infinite amp at some point in time, and said amp doesn't seem to exist

Did bro say theory of relativity is a thing forgetting characters are MFTL here?

and why is this three pages? What’s the topic now? I know it’s not the Op

Did bro say theory of relativity is a thing forgetting characters are MFTL here? and why is this three pages? What’s the topic now? I know it’s not the Op

it's unironically still the op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back