• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hermes vs Heimdall: A Fly from the Ass of Zeus vs Odin's Spiteful, Vicious Little Shit Lap Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heimdall, easily. While Hermes is fast, he is a fly from the ass of Zeus, an utterly lazy shitbag who will take any moment to laze off during combat when it least suits him, and he will resort to petty insults and agitation of his foes at a time when it could be the worst possible decision to make.

Heimdall however, while being quite possibly the next bigest douchebag, is not a lazy one, ohohohoho no.

He knows how to fight, really well, and he will do absolutely anything to pull it off if necessary, and he has more than one way to get Hermes to play ball regardless, which will ultimately prove to be his downfall if Kratos murking him despite his speed is anything to go by. Even if precog and mind reading can't catch up to that speed, he can use Space-Time Manip to even the odds to land blows, and eventually, Hermes will end up in the same exact position as he did before Kratos. Even ignoring all of that, Heimdall has his own goading to play at Hermes, all to lure him in and then slam him with that Bifrost when Heimdall least expects it, and just like that, boom. Fight's over.

Gonna vote for Heimdall due to his time-stopping abilities, his ability to read the movements of his opponents, and that he doesn't take things as lightly as Hermes does, meaning he'll be more serious when the fight begins.

This fight would be just Heim and Hermes roasting/taunting each other back and forth to decide who is the biggest douche in the franchise.unfortunately its gonna be a eternal stalemate, none of then can take the L and will come up with a bigger roast everytime.

Last edited:
You can update the vote count
What would you think of Heimdall vs Thor or Heimdall vs Freya?

I'm especially considering the second one, but the story implied that Thor could kill Heimdall so I'm curious how a fight between those 2 would turn out.

What would you think of Heimdall vs Thor or Heimdall vs Freya?

I'm especially considering the second one, but the story implied that Thor could kill Heimdall so I'm curious how a fight between those 2 would turn out.
AoE attacks seem to be the bane of Heimdall's precog, they just need to land one good hit with it and he's done for.

AoE attacks seem to be the bane of Heimdall's precog, they just need to land one good hit with it and he's done for.
I'll probably make Heimdall vs Freya first, but unless you want one of them I'll make both likely soon.

I mean yeah, it's easier to predict one projectile/object coming right at you then it is to predict the trajectory of an AOE shockwave.

......Doesn't Hermes get oneshot here? Like, he's fast but cause Tier 2 is fucky, he can't damage Heimdall at all.

That's just gameplay cohesion. Hermes doesn't scale to Kratos or any Brother King level deity at all in the physicals department, bar speed of course.
He should still downscale.

Even if Heimdall has an AP/durability advantage (though IMO they downscale from similar versions of Kratos but while Hermes downscales from a stronger version, Heimdall did a much better job in terms of taking the hits and sending Kratos flying with his bifrost punch, so they're about the same), it's still close enough to not be a stomp.

He should still downscale.

Even if Heimdall has an AP/durability advantage (though IMO they downscale from similar versions of Kratos but while Hermes downscales from a stronger version, Heimdall did a much better job in terms of taking the hits and sending Kratos flying with his bifrost punch, so they're about the same), it's still close enough to not be a stomp.
....He doesn't though, at least currently. If you want to make that CRT to downscale Hermes of all people from the Brother Kings (to whom to no other Olympian compares as per the novel itself) then be my guest. And as they scale to a different number of universes, it's a stomp anyway, unless site standards change.

Also, stop using gameplay cohesion as though it matters as much. Heimdall actually jostles and staggers Kratos at times during the in-game cutscenes and is described as a formidable opponent in the Codex. You can no-hit Hermes and the fight just becomes a bully fest where he does ****-all to Kratos.

Yeah, this is a stomp match, until Tier 2 itself changes or Hermes is rescaled somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back