• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mid traveling discussion? That seemed moreso like a taunt
It seemed to me like she was trying to throw her weight around to prove her strength. People who do that usually do it because they're weak in character. It's not as bad as other examples of the same thing, but it is still that way.
You don't know about chad vs virgin meme?
I know the meme, I was just commenting that it's an odd choice when Olympus gods are absolutely filthy sexually. I'm not familiar with the Easter Island emoji though, so I don't know what you're trying to convey by that.

Also, Freya vs Hera waifu discourse isn't something I was expecting here. I mean, Freya negs but still.
I don't think anyone would argue Hera is anything but a drunk loser who married her brother and then raised some truly pathetic children. She raised Ares to be the most pathetic guy in Greece while raising Aphrodite to think love means marrying her brother then cheating on him with her other brother while also sleeping with just about everything. And then we have lying back stabber Helios, pompous brat Hermes, and self-righteous Athena. Not that Freya did the best job with her children either...

It seemed to me like she was trying to throw her weight around to prove her strength. People who do that usually do it because they're weak in character. It's not as bad as other examples of the same thing, but it is still that way.
Freya didn't seem like that character tbh
I know the meme, I was just commenting that it's an odd choice when Olympus gods are absolutely filthy sexually. I'm not familiar with the Easter Island emoji though, so I don't know what you're trying to convey by that.
Tbh i even forget what it means as well just entered in my instinct to use it

Freya didn't seem like that character tbh
I don't think it was the developers' intention. They probably thought it was a sign of her strength being cocky and grandstanding like that. That's the devs showing that their idea of strength is warped. It's extremely common these days because writers have warped views, either because the entertainment industry churns out characters who are like that or because the writers themselves are warped.

It gets far worse than Freya. All the superhuman characters who show off their power by unnecessarily bullying normal people and we're supposed to think that's cool? That's literally the equivalent of an adult proving their strength by roughing up tiny children. I know, I've met such adults, and they are weak. To say nothing of how a superhuman bullying the weak and being in the right because "it's cool", or "I felt like it" parallels some of the worst people in human history.
Tbh i even forget what it means as well just entered in my instinct to use it
I see that emoji a lot and I figure it either means "I'm waiting", "poker face", "someone's old", "someone's slow", or "someone has rocks in their head".

I don't think anyone would argue Hera is anything but a drunk loser who married her brother and then raised some truly pathetic children. She raised Ares to be the most pathetic guy in Greece while raising Aphrodite to think love means marrying her brother then cheating on him with her other brother while also sleeping with just about everything. And then we have lying back stabber Helios, pompous brat Hermes, and self-righteous Athena. Not that Freya did the best job with her children either...
To be fair, other than Ares and Hephaestus, all of those weren't her own children. Athena and Hermes were stepchildren that were usually a result of Zeus cheating on her (though Athena is from before his marriage to Hera I'll give) so she'd have understandable if unreasonable animosity there.

Aphrodite is older than Hera and regarding her marrying Zeus, if the original mythology and how the games handled their marriage are even somewhat similar then honestly I really feel bad for her.

Freya honestly does the best with what she's got. She had to marry the biggest arse-wipe in the Nine Realms to save her people and when she tried to make the best out of a bad situation, the Norns decree her son would die an ignoble death and tries to prevent it the best she can. Should she have gone about it better and given Baldur a choice? Yeah, or at least talk to him about his death prophecy. But at the very least, she loves her son and acknowledged she did wrong by him.

Both have it pretty rough honestly but I do commend Freya for eventually finding peace and moving past it, if even with some bumps along the way and with help.

Anyway, that's just my rambling lol

To be fair, other than Ares and Hephaestus, all of those weren't her own children. Athena and Hermes were stepchildren that were usually a result of Zeus cheating on her (though Athena is from before his marriage to Hera I'll give) so she'd have understandable if unreasonable animosity there.
Yeah, that's right, Hera wasn't one of the original gods, was she? It's been years since I studied Greek history.
Aphrodite is older than Hera and regarding her marrying Zeus, if the original mythology and how the games handled their marriage are even somewhat similar then honestly I really feel bad for her.
In the mythology Zeus cheats all the time. If he was a dog you'd neuter him.
Freya honestly does the best with what she's got.
I talk specifically about her attempt to big note herself being a demonstration of inner weakness. I know she's trying to deal with a truckload of poop Odin dropped on her.
Both have it pretty rough honestly but I do commend Freya for eventually finding peace and moving past it, if even with some bumps along the way and with help.
It's hard to tell if her displays of weakness were intentional. I doubt it given the intent of the devs though. Characters who grandstand or attempt to intimidate all the time are demonstrating weakness. Lucius Malfoy in HP is a great example. He always tries to bully others and act like he has power, but in truth he's weak and pathetic. He is obviously far, far, far worse than Freya, but the same rules apply.
Anyway, that's just my rambling lol
Nothing wrong with rambling out information and interpretations.

Yeah, that's right, Hera wasn't one of the original gods, was she? It's been years since I studied Greek history.
She's a sister to Zeus, who's far from one of the oldest gods.
In the mythology Zeus cheats all the time. If he was a dog you'd neuter him.
That and the fact that he rapes Hera in most of the variants of their myths and forces her to marry him afterwards.
I talk specifically about her attempt to big note herself being a demonstration of inner weakness. I know she's trying to deal with a truckload of poop Odin dropped on her.
Is this about the bragging she did on the boat or how she treats Kratos prior to their reconciliation in Vanaheim? The former is just banter honestly and the latter is pretty understandable. Even with extenuating circumstances, I'd be pretty caustic to someone who killed my kid, whom I genuinely loved. Not justifiable perhaps but grief rarely is rational.

Unless you mean something else.

Is this about the bragging she did on the boat?
just banter honestly
I understand how you would see it that way. I wouldn't expect most people to see it how I do. Most people don't notice this stuff at all. It's not immoral for her to be like that or anything serious like that, but I can tell you from both training and experience, her need to grandstand and be cocky in that scene was not a display of strength, but weakness. If she had been joking that actually would be a display of strength, but not how she did it.

I say this from experience dealing with martial artists, psychoanalysts, and bullies. Observe the aggressive behaviour of a bully, their need to insist their strength is great. They're displaying nothing but weakness. This is a strange sidetrack from the versus thread, and I didn't intend to cause this unnecessary derail, I apologise. Still, I can't be convinced that Freya's empty boast to try to assert her superiority isn't a sign of insecurity and weakness, because I know that it is.

Mimir >>> Hera and Freya.
As a character, yeah, as a lover... Only if you're Homelander. He has a thing for severed heads...

Anyway, when GRACE is finished we can leave it at that, with Odin's head in the toilet while Zeus shows his abs to the cheering crowd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back