• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Here I go murdering Mooks again - Alex Mercer (Prototype) vs The Claw (Lob Corp)

All right what is the claws win con? Alex resist death manip due to type seven, resist mental manip, and can bypass mid high regen.... Top it off alex has an ap advatage. So what is claws win con here? Alex won't gas in this key but he will absorb so...

Schnee One said:
He is naturally intangible
So he's passively intangible... Isn't this a stomp?

I'm not even sure Mercer has any wincons against passive intangibility, whereas Claw has several abilities with resistance negation in his profile...

Ahh breezed over his risistance negation...Yeah this is at best an incon if we assume alex can resist most of claws hax and a stomp if claw can bypass them.... Mercer can do nothing against incoporeal beings...

So, I've checked Claw's profile, and the Blue Injection (which is what Blue needs to bypass usual resistances to mind and physical attacks) requires him to stab his targets first... I'm not even sure Claw can even harm Mercer with that AP gap (and 8-A Mercer's AP comes from tanking an 8-A explosion with absolutely no damage). And the PALE damage doesn't sound like it causes instant death to its targets for something that is listed as Death Manipulation, and I'm not even sure if that would work against Type 7 immortality without explicit feats/scans.

And since Claw doesn't seem to have anything suggesting Type 1 Immortality and endless lifespan... Doesn't Mercer outlives?

Nah Pale damage pretty much kills anything. Machines who have no souls can take damage, machines, etc. So it's gonna kill considering what other types of things it killed. Undead is certainly not something it can't kill.

Nah not really, with how Ordeals work they keep on returning.

So tie is a good chance. And nah, the thing is toggle able, the intangibility but he can attack with it. It's just that even without it teleport spam would help him.

Touching is impossible to intangibility considering you said it yourself. Edit - Except tele spam and keep away should help.

And it induces the effect of Death to even machines so it's like King Hassan's death, only less instant and more "Repeat it several times"

Well if he werent intagible Id give it to alex due to him needing to hit alex several times while alex only really needs to hit once. The problem is claw's intagnible alex cant even fight him as it is.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Touching is impossible to intangibility considering you said it yourself. Edit - Except tele spam and keep away should help.

And it induces the effect of Death to even machines so it's like King Hassan's death, only less instant and more "Repeat it several times"
So you're saying this matchup is a stomp...

@Death

Not stomp. Decisive. I mean.... Is Alex Mercer to talk when he oneshots all his enemies?

Sides, Several Shots vs One shot and dealing with evasion

@Pen

Gaseous attacks is his primary core. Issue is, the character he's fighting can actually survive for a bit. And the whole intangibility making him harder to kill while he's attacking before backing off.

Only other big problem is Claw's flight

What? Its a stomp alex can't touch his oppoenent... its not about survival here it's about alex being unable to actually touch his opponent. This isn't about it being a one shot but about one character being unable to fight the other. Also this key of alex won't gass so not sure what your point is there.

It is a stomp if the character in question has no win condition. In this case, Claw's intangibility is passive and is toggled on by default. And I doubt gassing works against intangible/incorporeal beings. I'm pretty sure Mercer has no feats of dealing with intangible/incorporeal beings... Thus, Mercer has no win condition.

You guys were literally talking about how Alex outlives earlier.

And again, physical dmg is physical dmg, it being AOE Can help

That was before you mentioned claw actually being able to kill mercer, since he can death manip in a way that bypasses mercers resistance it's a stomp. Alex cant touch/effect his opponent while intangible and his opponent never has to become tangible to fight him. this key also won't gas.

Just fought him again.

Yeah the guy is tangible when not attacking, but the moment he takes too much damage/feels in danger he goes zipping around.

Alex can definitely oneshot him without worrying about intangibility, but if Claw uses its telespam ability Alex better dodge.

Back