• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed to undo vandalism to inFAMOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

It was recently revealed that The Christian Nerd is a sockpuppet of TeenAngel101, and that he has performed statistics changes to the InFAMOUS profiles that were never accepted in a preceding content revision thread.

Help to inspect the changes and undo anything inaccurate would be very appreciated. You need to actually know inFAMOUS reasonably well to be able to help out though.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/The_Christian_Nerd

This section gets information from InFamous wiki and uses very circular scaling. Also it's likely game mechanics that Cole was hurt, as he's unharmed at all in the cutscene just after and the Beast has half his head removed, despite the individual blasts doing nowhere near that much damage to his skin. It's probably just Grunt enemy logic so he doesn't win without a fight.

"Was able to significantly harm and take a barrage of attacks from RFI-Empowered Cole, who can casually create a blast that burst through the atmosphere and affected the entire planet."

The Beast's page also says this

Is the most powerful Conduit in the series thus far, being far superior to the combined attacks of Cole and Nix, Kuo, Bertrand, and many others. Conduits grow stronger over time and when exposed to Ray Field Radiation, of which the Beast is a natural producer of. Possibly as strong as his future self.

There's no problem with the strongest conduit line, but the "being far superior to the combined attacks of Cole and Nix, Kuo, Bertrand, and many others" and the "Possibly as strong as his future self" aren't stated in series. Especially since they're comparable to characters who can harm him.

Same with this

"Casually created a blast that burst through the atmosphere and affected the entire planet."

I believe they state in Second Son that it did do this, but the link should be replaced.

There's also a ton of gigantic low-end feats, some of Cole's had been accepted, but before he became Large Island level.

"Can casually convert the mass of bullets into energy and absorb it via Polarity Wall."

"Tanked a cruise missile alongside David Warner."

"Able to create earthquakes of an unknown magnitude with a simple punch" on Kessler's page.

"Casually tanks bullets and RPGs with no damage whatsoever. Casually tanked a cruise-missile with little to no damage" on David Warner's page.

I knew something was up when I saw the massive number of edits the guy was making.

Sadly, I don't know enough on the verse to help.

Well, he used a sockpuppet to change the statistics of the inFAMOUS pages without permission, but maybe we should lessen the ban period for one of the accounts? I am not well informed regarding the circumstances.

Okay, but it would probably be best to wait for the knowledgeable members who know what they are doing regarding the franchise, so the profiles do not turn inconsistent with each other.

I see, well, what I did was reverting it to before he made any edits, It could be wrong, I literally know nothing about the verse.

Okay. I will revert your edits for the time being.

PTSOXMONKEY and DMUA can both be of help as well, they should be able to help

And if I'm being honest I was actually planning on revising inFAMOUS due to the whole Storm Downgrade recently, I simply need some feats to be calced before I continue

Okay.

What should we do about the TeenAngel101 and The Christian Nerd accounts? In retrospect an infinite ban seems exaggerated.

Dude makes edits to profiles and vandalized them before

Then he makes a new account and does it again

He's smart enough to know what a sock is.

But the TeenAngel101 account was blocked due to his own request, not because he had done anything wrong.

Antvasima said:
But the TeenAngel101 account was blocked due to his own request, not because he had done anything wrong.
Then why did he even bother making a new account?

Gargoyle One said:
Then why did he even bother making a new account?
I don't know, but I get the feeling that we likely overreacted with the infinite ban.

Yes, and one of the accounts should remain permanently banned, as he cannot be allowed to switch between them.

To be honest, if he did sockpuppet or just ban evade, then an Infinite Ban is justified, as he refused to wait out his ban, and the reasoning for the ban with the addition of adding un-critiqued and un-supervised additions to the profiles.

If he isn't sockpuppeting or Ban evading, then a Temp ban is fine.

He did use two accounts, but not to ban evade, and he seemed to admit it openly.

It a sin, but it's most likely not worth an infinite ban, it could swing the direction of a debate, ya know the:

"FRA" bump.

I wish it would be erased with a Lol Hakai, Lol Squish or a Lol Boundary.

For some reason, I feel like, the issue he mentioned with his brother nabbing his account when he's not looking is resurfacing.

Cause like, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath?diff=prev&oldid=3148250, he changes it, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath?diff=next&oldid=3148250 he changes it back, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath?diff=next&oldid=3229221 he changes it, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath?diff=prev&oldid=3236463, he changes it back, it's a back and fourth that wouldn't happen if it was just one guy being malicious instead of one dude and another dude wanting to not do that.

If this is the case, we should probably lock the profiles to stop him from doing so

His brother shouldn't have his account though, I Believe and warned teen about that

If that's the case he shouldn't be permabanned but he should definitely be warned to be more careful. He can't just blame everything on his brother.

Well, maybe 3 months would be a better ban period for the new "The Christian Nerd" account?

Okay. I will reduce the block period to 3 months instead.

KE can still be used but for condensation we rely upon the 0.5 kg estimate for the cloud weight and it doesn't scale to physical stats unless expressly proven to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back