• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

aNoTHeR inFamous Abilities Revision

by that I mean just lowering the timeframe to like one second since they use the same sort of model for the strikes, which the blog now has

So yeah, BOG would be 7-A for easily tanking a 7-B blast, getting up then having his powers go haywire to make some lightning

I guess we should wait for the BOG lightning storm calc before trying t figure out scaling, cause depending on how things go, Hero Cole could be 7A+ BoG and then could be High 7A by end of game via substation boosts

I already edited the existing calc, since it's basically the same bolts under much shorter duration. Only got 200 or so Megatons.

I have a question about David

Does he have to literally hit you or attack you in order to drain neuroelectrocity? Or does he passively absorb it?

Lemme rephrase

He needs to touch the individual with his hands, or just come in contact

Let's say he didn't know I was near him and I punched him in the back without him knowing

I think he has to hit you for it to work, as iirc, the bio-engineered Conduits that Moya sent after him were able to punch him in the face, and weren't drained. But then David got his hands on them and it was GG.

This actually makes inFAMOUS vs SU more viable as most 7-A's scale to a 240 Megaton feat. So, I'm not complaining.

At least I can probably keep Orochi vs Cole since both of their new calcs put them in the 200+ megaton range.

If only someone would CLEAR THE CALC

Another thing just occurred to me:

Are we going to have to create separate keys for Cole's abilities for different points in the game (Early Game, Mid Game, etc)?

Cause he didn't have a lot of the abilities that inFamous 1 Cole has now at the beginning of the game, like gliding, grenades, rockets, forcefields etc.

Calc just got upgraded to 2 Gigatons

In light of that, here's how I'd lay it out:

Sasha would be at least 7-A for fighting a more mid game Cole

Aiden would probably be at least 7-A+, possibly High 7-A for fighting Cole near the end of the game

Kessler and Cole at the endgame would be High 7-A, with Evil Cold being +

As the AP values goes up, my desire to spam calc evaluation requests on people's walls in hopes that it gets cleared goes up

Large Mountain level, actually

Mountain level at the beginning of the game

Someone should start organizing the profiles though

Maybe teen could sort through powers and abilities, or maybe I could hop onto my sandbox one of these days

The one that gives him lightning storm, I dunno which one does that

Obviously yes, But Which one is my question

What to know how many power boosts each key for Cole has done

Ionic Storm is InFAMOUS 2, InFAMOUS 1 just has the lightning storm

Which I think is the last substation

Damn, I really miss the steerable lightning storms from the first game. The auto lock on version from the second game was Cole, but it didn't have the same feel.

Also, something just occurred to me. Cole can use Karmic Overload to extend the amount of time he can use Lightning Storm (not sure by how much so), would that warrant a higher rating?

Speaking of which, would Cole losing certain powers between the first abd second game by considered gameplay mechanics? IE Karmic Overload.

I would personally consider that game mechanics, or that he's sacrificing what used to be Karmic Overload for amped powers in 2.

At least, that's the first thought that popped into my head when I read your comment.

DMUA said:
The one that gives him lightning storm, I dunno which one does that
Okay so I think I finally know how to word this.

How many have power boosts has each key of Cole absorbed?

You might want to check the grammar on that, but I think I got what you were trying to say.

I'd personally split it as Before substations/BoG, 1/2/3... (Whatever number gave us a good feat before this revision) substations, and After final substation/Lightning Storm unlocked.

Yeah it's a rather weird question so I wasn't sure how to word it.

I think I get what you mean though, so maybe we do Justs for before or after certain substations instead of BoG or EoG, that way it's easier to tell

I think it's better if we do something like "Early Game" which encompasses everything up to right after he fights Sasha and before he enters the Warren.

"Late Game" is basically everything after he unlocks Lightning Storm/post Alden fight

I still say we should include a "Mid Game" key, which would be evrything post Sasha fight up til the Alden boss, mostly to clear up where Alden stands in the scaling chain (Early Game Cole noted that his current level of power wouldn't be enough to take on Alden). But if people are against it I'll drop it.

Also, neutral on the lost powers thing. On one hand, Cole notes that the main purpose of the Blast Cores was to make up for what he lost and also to power himself up. But on the other hand, we never hear or see the gigawatt blades, arc lightning or overload burst ever again (which sucks cuz those moves were awesome).

I don't want to add two extra keys really, I think his file is bloated enough already.

I'd be better with pre and post lightning storm substation

Just wanted to discuss a couple more things before adding the stuff in later tonight (decided to do it tonight since the calc probably isn't gonna get evaluated anytime soon):

Should Cole get resistance to Beast's level of power absorption/null? Here at 4:05 Cole manages to withstand the Beast's grasp, the same one that broke and drained Cole's powers at the beginning of the game. Even though Cole clearly takes damage, he still managed to recover, even without a lightning storm to help him like last time. Thoughts?

Also, should we remove durability negation for Skull Bolt/Sadistic Strike? The reason why is because it's stated here at 00:08 it states that Skull Bolt causes a critical hit explosion, which iirc some fodder Ice Men can survive. The inFamous one variant for Sadistic Strike says basically the same thing here at 00:20, though it ranges from enemies triggering an explosion upon death or headshots automatically triggering explosions. Thoughts?

Back