• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help Needed: Should I add these abilities or not

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Wondering whether to add some abilities such as Fate Manipulation and Time Travel to certain characters from 9-Nine.

To make a long story short, characters such as Iris and Kakeru possess an artifact called Overlord which lets the user observe parallel worlds, time travel, control fate, and even basically stop timelines from progressing pass a certain point,

Problem is the ones who have the artifacts aren't the characters we follow, the future version of Iris is who has Overlord, and it's a Kakeru from a distant parallel world who has Overlord.

However Future Iris and Parallel World Kakeru are connected with Kakeru and Iris, Kakeru due to him being a portal that that can link with other versions of himself and Iris by the soul.

Through Iris and Kakeru the other versions of themselves interfere with the world, they can't do that otherwise, their real bodies are back in their own worlds and its a rule that you can't travel to other worlds in a physical body

You can see my problem here, can i really list those abilities as Kakeru's and Iris, when they are the abilities of the other versions of themselves, though again those other versions are connected to them, and through them is the only way they interfere with the world, they are also literally guiding things towards what they want, rewinding time for their other versions, preventing them from failing.

This gets even more complicated by the fact that there are more than 1 Kakeru and Iris, there are only 1 Future Iris and Different World Kakeru, but they can go back in time or to other parallel worlds and install the memories of what happened in other timelines or in the past, in those other Kakeru's and Iri's.

As you can see it's very complicated.

It appears to be Cosmic Awareness is a start. But possible Fate manipulation, Time Travel, and Time Manipulation.

I have the scans which prove as much, the issue isn't whether the abilities are legit, but should the characters get those abilities when it's not technically theirs, but they benefit from them.

They can have it via some artifact that gives them said abilities.

I will take that as a yes, though idk if i explained things good enough so i will try to do better here.

Infinite universes exist, for every possibility, a universe is made. Overlord is a man made device that is said to be able to govern all worlds and give knowledge of past, present, future, which is exaggerated, but has some truth to it based on feats in story.

It's not something that like can rewrite infinite universes at once nor does the user get to know everything at once, the user however is able to observe parallel worlds, time travel to the fast, and even the future. So in that sense you can see they have knowledge of past, present, future for example.

The future version of Iris was able to create Overlord, then time travelled back hundreds of years in the past, she then installs her memories into the version of herself from then, she also rewinds time and controls fate so that Present Iris never dies and things go as she wants.

The present Iris doesn't have Overlord, the Future Iris does, so technically Present Iris can't time travel or manipulate fate, she doesn't have those abilities, but Future Iris does, and is interfering with the world through the Present Iris.

Whenever she wants to. Future Iris can leave the Present Iris and go to another Iris from a parallel world, and do the same thing as she did before, and that new Iris would have all of Future Iris memories. It's literally like an avatar i think.

Back