• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help needed: Finding good examples of bulky Visual Editor code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As several of you probably know, I will not be able to continue taking care of this wiki forever.

In preparation for when I have to leave, I have constantly tried to find ways to make the wiki easier to take care of for the rest of the staff.

One of the duties that I constantly take care of is to monitor every potentially suspicious edit that takes place in this wiki.

By doing this, I recurrently notice people who use the visual editing mode to create lots of bulky code, that I, or other staff members, have to clean up.

The problem has been kept manageable since I constantly tell any members who perform this error to change their personal user settings to use the source code editor instead, before they have a chance to repeat the same mistake.

However, when I am not around any more, there is a major risk that new members will do so over and over, and mess up many profile structures before they are discovered.

This has the potential to grow into a massive problem in my absence, and as such I am currently trying to convince Wikia's staff to change the default editing settings for the vsbattles wiki to source code mode.

However, they want good examples of this occurring, and I perform such a massive number of different tasks every day that it is hard to recall good examples.

As such, I would like to request help from the community to find "good" (technically "bad" is a better term) examples of the visual editor severely messing up the code structure of pages, so if you remember any such instances, I would appreciate if you could please check the profile editing histories, and post links in responses below.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is something that might be an example as well.

(not sure though, since it wasn't reoccurring problem for the user as far as I can tell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back