• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is hell verse considered not cannon?

i heard some say kubo said he hated the movie can someone link it? and if its not from an official source it should be considered cannon because shonen jump wouldnt allow kubo to say that, and i heard some say well it doesnt fit the timeline , even if it doesnt fit the timeline the feats are still something the author intended so the feats should be applied , shouldnt it?

I don't recall Kubo stating he hated it, but I do remember him saying that the plot strayed from his original idea. Certain elements of the movie can be considered canon though. Ichigo's Hell busting feat wouldn't be canon, but Hell itself would be as an example.

there is a note or sth where kubo says that they didnt use all his original ideas (jaymes has a video where he shows the note) i dont remember him saying it strayed from his original idea , just that all his original ideas wasnt used and that he felt like he didnt deserve credit as he didnt do enough work for having the title executive director for that movie , based on that i think he actually agreed on the things in the movie but felt like he didnt do enough . I dont see why this would make it non cannon , plus he said the ulquiorra vs ichigo fight in the movie was closer to what he had imagined and that it is more accurate than the manga

and if we were to go with the logic that it isnt cannon because other people worked on it, a lot of mangas are changed from what the author intended because of the editors , so that shouldnt make the movie non cannon

Discussion Rule:

"Please stop attempting to prove the Bleach movie, Bleach: Hell Verse, as canon. It is not canon as the events do not fit in the canon timeline nor are there any statements from Shueisha and Kubo supporting it as canon."

I don't think we should ban it at least, but maybe that it is advisable to not do this type of discussion without new information

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Discussion Rule:
"Please stop attempting to prove the Bleach movie, Bleach: Hell Verse, as canon. It is not canon as the events do not fit in the canon timeline nor are there any statements from Shueisha and Kubo supporting it as canon."
IK it doesnt fit timeline however the feats shouldnt be considered non cannon just because it doesnt fit the timeline

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
If there was an anime/movie profile, sure.
Kubo made a one shot showing what happened before hell verse started and he alao showed the people kokuto used talking about vaste lorde ichigo wouldnt that canonise it? The one shot is called Bleach the unforgivens

If i am allowed tp link it i have the link to the one shot

I know it doesnt fit however the feats shouldnt be considered non cannon feats have nothing to do with timeline, in the one shot its also mentioned that they need ichigo to destroy the gates of hell supporting the feats of the movie

Zoro21043 said:
I know it doesnt fit however the feats shouldnt be considered non cannon feats have nothing to do with timeline, in the one shot its also mentioned that they need ichigo to destroy the gates of hell supporting the feats of the movie
So if Substitute Ichigo does a planetary feat in a filler that does not fit in the timeline it should suddenly be taken into account ?

Zoro21043 said:

This is what we don't do. We'd take the characters as canon before the feats.

I wish we did take the feats as canon tho.

If the one shot is literally referencing feats that only happened in the Movie (Which it is), I really don't see why it isn't considered Canon unless there's something I'm missing.

So if Substitute Ichigo does a planetary feat in a filler that does not fit in the timeline it should suddenly be taken into account ?

I domt think you understood me I know the movie isnt considered cannon because it doesnt fit the timeline not because it wasnt worked on by kubo which is different than your usual filler , plus the feats are supported by the one shot which was drawn by kubo himself thus making the feats cannon

AstralKing7 said:
I'm pretty sure the one shot was checked. The bleach knowledgeable members have known about it forever
If that is the case i cant see why the feats are considered non cannon . I dont think they have

Well yeah, but the one shot referencing a feat that happened in the Movie surely makes it canon.

"One shots" aren't canon. That's the point. Naruto has one shots, One Piece and other series. It doesn't fit in the timeline which means it's not canon

AstralKing7 said:
"One shots" aren't canon. That's the point. Naruto has one shots, One Piece and other series. It doesn't fit in the timeline which means it's not cano
Can I see a statement or forum thread or anything saying one shots aren't canon?

After further reading on the subject, you're probably right. The only issue is placing it in the canonical timeline but it doesn't really fit anywhere between Ichigo defeating Ulquiorra and losing his powers against Aizen. I still think certain aspects of the Movie like Hell itself is canon.

I still cant understand

So event is not cannon as it doesnt fit timeline making the one shot irrelevant ? but the character in the one shot mentioning vaste lorde being able to destroy the gates of hell fits the timeline as ichigo wasnt there or anything he just mentions ichigo and says that he is the one that can destroy the gates .that feat should be considered cannon imo

Is there a reason why one shots here aren't considered canon? I'm asking since the "canon" thread doesn't really explain why they're not considered canon, just that they aren't.

It's written by Kubo

It takes place in the Bleach universe

It has characters from the original manga in it

It can be placed in the canonical timeline.

The movie can't be placed in the timeline so I'm not arguing for that at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back