• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heat Miser and Global Weather Control

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In The Year Without a Santa Claus, Heat Miser is shown melting the Moo. Several users accepted it, but others, notably Ryukama, does not like it due to its cartoonish nature. So he suggested I fall back to his secondary feats: Global Control of the weather and moving alongside natural reflected sunlight.

This thread is about weather control though, as light dodging can be calced later. So, what would controlling the planet's weather be? I know it is in Tier 6, but how high up? Is there a way to calc it? I'm trying to think of a way but I'm running out of ideas.

So what do you guys think? Should the Moon feat be thrown out and replaced? If so what Tier is global weather control in?

You should probably invite all of the people in the blog discussion to take part here.

Alright, I'll bring them in once I'm at home. Would take quite a while doing it on mobile.

Perhaps a highlight is a good idea? This isn't just an issue with Heat Miser, as having global weather control is a feat that other characters have. Having a solid value for it would be beneficial, even if we conclude that the cartoonish style of Heat Miser's feat isn't a problem.

I'll leave that choice up to you though, Ant.

I think Multi-Continent level would be a rough guess. DarkAnine usually calc's weather manipulation and storm feats to get much higher results than one would expect. For example, there was a High 6-A Tornado IRL, and cloud dispersion feats have frequently varied from Tier 6 to Tier 5 even; take Wario for example.

I personally think we should find someone to calc the entire planet's weather, but the Moon melting feat IMO sounds like a good placeholder until we get a better feat.

Well storm feats landing in High 6-A is due to KE. In real life storms don't visibly move at any rate from outer space. If they did the storm would probably moving Mach 50+, which obviously doesn't happen IRL.

Fair enough, but a significant change in temperature combined with manipulating every single cloud on the planet would still be relatively impressive. Creating an Ice Age on a continental scale was also once calc'd at High 6-A; it's what the Divine weapons from Fire Emblem 6 scale to.

I imagine Snow Miser, if allowed, could plunge the world into an ice age. It was ready to provide snow anywhere in the world and only stopped once he realized the snow target was in Heat Miser's territory.

I do not think a highlight seems necessary. Just invite the people who need to take part, and it should be fine.

I have now invited everyone who expressed an approval or denial for the calc in question.

To all those just arriving, we are discussing whether or not the Moon melting should be thrown out or not, and, if needed, what the fallback feat of global weather manipulation would require in AP.

I've already said everything I have to. I disagree with the moon feat for the reasons you can read within the comments of that blogpost. I do agree with rating him based upon whatever tier controlling the entirety of the world's weather would give you.

In this case, the ol' latent heat formula will be helpful.

E=m*c*ΔT

Since you're familiar with the formula, I'll skip on the details

m = Mass of the atmosphere in this case. The atmosphere weighs 5.1480×10^18 kg

As for c, heres a list of Heat Capacities for Air. Room Temperature is approx 20┬░C, so 293.15 Kelvi. That puts the capacity at approx 1.003 kJ/kg.K

As for the change in temperature, I'll let you fill that in since I haven't seen the movie since...second grade.

Well we know he is capable of making the North Pole Spring-like (melting all the snow [also freaking rip the world with all that melted ice] and bringing out the Sun), so I imagine that he could do that to the entirety of the planet if he wanted to, since he has control over the weather.

Also tilting the Earth's axis would be the scientific way to do that, though I really don't think that would be even remotely usable. But a fun thought.

Bringing out the sun? As in he can move the sun around? That outta get some crazy results.

He isn't shown moving the Sun. I think moving the Earth would make more sense (tilting it towards the Sun), but I doubt the directors thought that much about it. He more than likely just used his heat magic to raise the temperature.

Edit: I also like how canonically strong the Miser brothers are shown to be even without calcing. Mother Nature just straight up hits Heat Miser with a lightning bolt and he doesn't even flinch.

If he moved the Sun or the Earth, that's probably going to get really high. If not then I'd suggest going with the weather stuff or something else.

Glad that a children's Christmas special is so badass lol

Also all these feats are neat and stuff but we all know the true god tier is Burgermeister Meisterburger with his casual High 1-A feats OVO

@Dark That makes sense. The Heat Miser would be responsible for hot weather changes, so he could probably cause such a change.

"Likely Continent level (Has absolute control over all hot temperature on the planet, meaning he should be able to replicate this [link to Dark's calc]"

"Moon level (Capable of moving the Earth's rotation in order to bring upon hot temperatures)"

^ Either one of these would be good IMO.

@Ryu

I'd prefer to go with Continent. The Moon level feat seems like it is more speculative. We know for a fact he can project fire and alter temperature, we don't know if he can really rotate the Earth. It is also closer to his originally calced Moon melting feat.

@Darkanine

If I may ask, where did the original 293.15 value come from? I am curious. I may use this as reference to similar calcs, so knowing where it comes from would be helpful.

Edit: Would you be willing to put your calc in a blog post? I would do it, but I don't want to take credit for work I didn't do.

Wouldn't it be subtraction then? The hottest value subtracted from the average would yield change in temperature, yes?

Also would the opposite be possible? Snow Miser is stated to be able to "turn everything into icicles" if he was allowed. I'm not sure if he means transmute everything into snow or if he means dropping the planet into freezing temperatures.

If I recall what Lina said, you use addition for heating, subtraction for cooling.

And yes, the opposite is possible as well. The average arctic temperature in January is ÔêÆ34┬░C, or 239.15 K.

293.15 - 239.15 = 54 K

mcΔT

5.1480×10^18 kg * 1.003 * 54 = 2.7882598e+20 kJ

66.64 Teratons

I probably did this wrong. Latent Heat is still fairly new to me.

I think ΔT would be change in temperature, right? So the value would need to be positive, but the difference in temperature would still need to be taken. I don't think heating something from 293.15K to 329.85K would result in an over 600K degree temperature change.

Snow Miser freezing the planet would be a greater value than Heat Miser warming it, oddly enough.

Edit: Someone told me causing another ice age would be a High 6-A feat, which I guess is false.

Also since we are throwing away the Moon feat I am currently calcing Heat Miser moving alongside natural light. This time it ISN'T just a song-based outlier, since he does it twice, even outside the song!

You're right. It is the difference between them, my bad.

Using Liger's method now. He's pretty good at these things.

Mass = 5.1480×10^18

Specific Heat of Nitrogen: 1040 J/kg*K

Freezing point of nitrogen - 63.15 K

Environment Temperature: 293.15 Kelvi

293.15 -63.15 = 230

5.1480×10^18 * 1040 * 230 = 1.2314016e+24 J

Latent Heat of Fusion for Nitrogen is 25,000 j/kg

25,000 * 5.1480×10^18 = 1.287e+23 J

1.287e+23 + 1.2314016e+24 = 1.3601016e+24 J

325.07 Teratons of TNT

I hate to be a pill, but I definitely want to get this right. What is the reasoning behind using nitrogen's freezing point?

No worries, questioning these things is fair.

Admittedly I'm not to knowledgeable on it myself, but I believe it's because air itself doesn't freeze, but nitrogen does. So freezing over the planet is freezing the nitrogen in the air.

Anywho. Considering my dinky rough calc yielded mid end Country level regardless, I think we're closing in on a more accurate value, which is nice.

Lol, I think using the arctic temperatures is a pretty safe bet. We know he can control weather to get that low, since he causes all cold weather. Assuming he can freeze the nitrogen out of the atmosphere is a pretty big leap. Country level seems pretty solid.

Also Heat Miser is 85% SoL if the calc I just did is to be believed and approved.

I found something interesting, it might be useful too.

Moltres was calculated to do just that, but the link is dead.

Back