• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heat Miser and Global Weather Control

I'm just rewatching the movie now. Some nice nostalgia. ANYWAY.... Google says runtime is about 51 minutes. Most full versions of the movie seem to be sped up a bit. Anyway, around 12 & a half minutes in, Mrs. Claus, I believe, describes Heat Miser & Snow Miser:

"The Miser Brothers, what a pair! Snow Miser, who controls the northern part of the world, trying to turn everything to icicles and his nasty brother trying to keep the south so hot, with nary a snowflake a year."

It would sound like each one controls half the world's weather.

Probably unimportant, but dialogue from the Mayor of SouthTown, USA in the movie reveals that it hasn't snowed in Southtown. Or, "not in the last 100 years", he says. In his song, he says "here in Dixie", so if the location is relevant. (I doubt it, though.)

HomeOfSnowMiser
Around 29 minutes & 45 seconds in, we get a pretty good shot of the outside of Snow Miser's home.

Of course, I wouldn't shoot down the possibility the snowy clouds surrounding it are not a product of his power, but just a product of the local weather even without his influence. Even if they are a product of his power, the possibility they're from an "over time" result makes them less impressive.

But MAYBE Snow Miser being responsible for snowy clouds as far as the eye can see -speaking figuratively, about the viewer's perspective of the shot, of course- might be notable? Then again, compared to their 6-B or so results....

During Snow Miser's song, he actually turns one of the elf's hats into snow. Limited Transmutation?

Also, around 32:18 when asked to make it snow somewhere... & the camera pans to one of Snow Miser's underlings, in front of control panels full of levers. I'd be a little disappointed if this was all mechanical weather control. But, we don't see the lever get pulled because Snow Miser quickly becomes unwilling when he's told the location for the snow is SouthTown.

"The south is under the control of my brother Heat Miser! And every time I try to send a little refreshing snow down there, what does he do? He turns it into rain! Or fog! And whom needs that?" Snow Miser says.

There's also a nice shot of Heat Miser's home. Sorry about the two big images, but just in case they're relevant....
HomeOfHeatMiser
Also, around 33:25, when Heat Miser appears for his song, there's actually a glow in his chair, & a flash of light. Unsure if notable, but mentioning. Also, possible Teleportation?

Surprisingly, after a... video call of sorts, Snow Miser & Heat Miser have a small elemental clash; With Snow Miser seeming to fire his power through the screen he's shown on for the call. Happens around 37:40.

When summoned by Mother Nature, both the Miser Brothers arrive in Lightning Bolts. Unsure if this is MN summoning them, or them teleporting in of their own -reluctant- will. I'd assume summoning, given the gestures, & neither bolt has anything to distinguish it as being either Miser Brother's power.

That's all I've noticed. Hopefully it's helpful & not too intrusive or disturbing upon this thread!

I attributed the Lightning bolts as MN summoning them. They had to call Snow Miser, he didn't just teleport in. The teleportation of Heat Miser may have just been part of the dance routine since he didn't show it again outside of that instance.

Also I don't think they need to share the planet's weather control. They share it because they are forced to by the other and MN. But Snow Miser was able to affect the South and Heat Miser was able to effect the North, so I don't think it is a big issue.

Also the lever scene was odd to me, but maybe Snow Miser imbued that with his powers because he wanted his minions to do it for him. MN is the embodiment of nature and she has no machinery, nor does Heat Miser. I wouldn't be too concerned with it, considering all their other showings suggest their power is enough to manipulate the weather. MN also called down natural lightning with just her powers, so we know she doesn't need anything to control the weather.

Well, actually, Heat Miser, or at the least, his underlings, have those deflection panels. He's even shown using them to attack Snow Miser early on in the movie when Jingle, Jangle & Vixen are flying through the clouds.

As for each being able to control the whole planet's weather.... I suppose it's implied by Snow Miser saying he sometimes tries to send snow to Heat Miser's territories, & I guess Snow Miser bringing snow to SouthTown at the end, & off-screen, Heat Miser warming up the North Pole in addition to his own territories. But exchanging territory doesn't necessarily mean they can control the weather all at once.

It definitely does seem like they each control AT LEAST half, though. Possibly all of it? But they're never given the opportunity to prove it one way or another, it would seem.

In any case, do you have any opinion on what kind of yield creating & maintaining that ice castle & all those snow clouds around Snow Miser's home -shown in my image- would yield? I'm doubtful it'd reach tier 6, & it's probably not necessary to find out. Likely more a supporting feat.

Also, what of Snow Miser turning an elf's hat into snow? Transmutation, or just more song-only stuff?

Interestingly, the Miser Brothers appear again in another work, a spin-off. If there's anything interesting in there, could that be added to their pages? Would they have to become composite?

I assume if that movie yields anything good it can be used. Maybe a different Key? It is from completely different directors more than 30 years later.

Also I am still comfortable with the AP of both of them. I don't think we need to halve their power.

As for the snow clouds and castle, less than 7-C. A horizon-line storm is around 7-C/7-B, and those clouds are scattered and not as thick.

And yes, Snow Miser already has transmutation for being able to do that. It is basically his primary power, so I don't think it is only song stuff. "Whatever I touch" is definitely a NLF, though. I really doubt he could turn the entire planet into snow. On a least a small scale, he absolutely has transmutation.

Didn't find much in the spin-off movie. As a reading of the summary can tell you, its main antagonist is 1 of several new siblings to the Miser Brothers, North Wind. Apparently, their siblings also include Earthquakes, Lightning, Thunder, the Tides & seemingly about 3 inexplicably unnamed children, as well, it would seem. Unvoiced, seemingly, too.

MN is shown to be able to communicate to the MB in their domains while they're fighting -their domains are surprisingly close to one another- & she does so through flashing light in the sky as she speaks. After they comply with their invitation to a family reunion, they're teleported, seemingly as lightning bolts, to Mother Nature's home.

However, near the end, the MB do call for MN, & she appears with lightning. She says she'll have North Wind doing chores for the next few thousand years, & sends him away mid-protest with a lightning bolt.

So it would seem their family has longevity (It's implied they live at least thousands of years.), they can probably communicate over long distances, unless it's summoning, & MN can seemingly de-summon/teleport/send away/whatever-it-is-she-does her children.

North Wind does conjure up a vortex to try & swallow up Santa, but I'm not sure there are any shots that give a full view of it, & honestly, the yield is probably laughable; If we wanted to give him stats, he'd easily end up higher scaling to his family.

I already gave them likely Type 1 b/c of their nature as elemental spirits. That also confirms that MN can teleport.

Is it worth noting that, besides the already noted abilities of summoning her children to her side, & presumably teleporting herself, she seems to be able to cause other members of her family to teleport? In any case, sorry for any bother, & hopefully I've contributed well & meaningfully to this discussion.

Back