• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly agree with Saikou.

Goku couldn't breathe at the centre of the Earth. So saying Goku is afraid of going to the centre of the Earth because of the Heat is just... wrong. Especially when Goku got his arse flamed by lava back in the Namek saga and only said "Ouch" and then went onto fight Freeza as if nothing happened.

Goku back in early Dragon Ball survived a period of time inside a literal furnace. Direct exposure or not, that thing's a divine furnace that with a leak, lit an entire mountain ablaze.

The real cal howard said:
No, he said "My butt is flaming!" Then Freeza responded with "...I miss Zarbon." ovo
This damaged me physically...in a good way.

So should we conclude this discussion?

Most people are with Saikou here, so I guess.

I will wait for some more input in order to make certain.

I agree with Saikou as well. Like bullets and other penetration weapons, fiction has a tendency to exaggerate upon environmental hazards being a threat to Superhuman characters. This includes, lava, the surface and core of the sun, falling from great heights, drowning/flooding, lightning bolts, the vacuum of space, blizzards, ect. None of those feats exceed Tier 8, and some are more like Tier 9; with two examples being lack of oxygen rather than AP vs Durability, but have been shown to be fatal for Tier 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, ect characters. Best just to call it PIS.

I mean I wouldn't call a strong character freezing to death or suffocating PIS, but I agree with the general idea medus puts forward.

I'm pretty sure Goku's main concern with the Earth's core thing was that he couldn't actually breathe there.

Otherwise, even when he got scraped by bullets, there was no burn mark there. at all.

@KLOL506 There was slight scratch in Goku's hand after getting shot by a bullet in DBS. Can't remember the episode

There were no burn marks tho. None at all. That was just PIS-scrapes with nothing but blood. Goku didn't even comment of the bullet being hot.

Then again he has been shown to be bulletproof as a kid, so yeah.

I think the question was basically answered though; if more staff input is needed, I'll leave it open. But I'll let others decide if it's concluded or not.

I think that it should be fine to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back