• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel Discussion Thread

We made a pretty big mistake with Angelic Weapons. In Striker's profile it has Soul Manipulation and Existence Erasure yet none of the other characters has it.

Even though Vivzie straight up says that when killed by Angelic Weapons souls cease to exist and Sinners "poof" out of existence. I don't know how I missed this explanation.

This could also give Sinners Immortality Type 8 and Low-Godly since its very much implied that they only really die if their soul is destroyed. I'd guess Adam would gain limited Resistances since he was able to regenerate a Angelic Weapon stab but I am not sure that may be a weakness of the Weapons.

We also could get some haxes since characters are able to manipulate Dark Energy which seems to be an Abstract Energy of Evilness

I don't think we need to make a CRT since Striker already has this on his profile, opinions?
Ok

We made a pretty big mistake with Angelic Weapons. In Striker's profile it has Soul Manipulation and Existence Erasure yet none of the other characters has it.
Carmille also has this yet others don’t:
Even though Vivzie straight up says that when killed by Angelic Weapons souls cease to exist and Sinners "poof" out of existence. I don't know how I missed this explanation.
Wasn’t it kinda retconned by the fact that Sir Pentious’ redemption allowed him to get to Heaven meaning that his soul isn’t really destroyed?
Remember that Vivzie’s statements can be contradicted. She once said that Alastor’s cane will be intangible for anybody but Alastor, yet Charlie holds it and Adam breaks it just fine.
This could also give Sinners Immortality Type 8 and Low-Godly since its very much implied that they only really die if their soul is destroyed.
Low-Godly makes sense, I don’t know why it would be Type 8 though since it’s pretty much Type 7? They can’t die because they are already and are supposed to “suffer” and stuff.
I'd guess Adam would gain limited Resistances since he was able to regenerate a Angelic Weapon stab but I am not sure that may be a weakness of the Weapons.
Why?
I don't think we need to make a CRT since Striker already has this on his profile, opinions?
We actually do need a CRT. It is nothing minor at all.

Wasn’t it kinda retconned by the fact that Sir Pentious’ redemption allowed him to get to Heaven meaning that his soul isn’t really destroyed?
I mean we are talking about Divine Judgement saving Sir Pentious, thats too much of a special case to be used as an antifeat. We dont even know how it happened, maybe Sir Pentious was saved last second? Maybe his soul was erased then reformed? Who knows! Hell the finale even implies he is a Seraphim now so I dont think its a good idea to use that until S2.
She once said that Alastor’s cane will be intangible for anybody but Alastor, yet Charlie holds it
I'd guess Alastor allowed it.
and Adam breaks it just fine.
Angels can nullify Demonic powers.
I don’t know why it would be Type 8 though since it’s pretty much Type 7?
We actually do need a CRT. It is nothing minor at all.
I didnt say it was minor, I said it already went through a CRT. You dont need another CRT to scale characters.

Remember that Vivzie’s statements can be contradicted. She once said that Alastor’s cane will be intangible for anybody but Alastor, yet Charlie holds it and Adam breaks it just fine.
Except that Sir Pentious got reedemed and he is the only one who apparently got redemption at this point, any other sinner is death with the soul destroyed.
So it can be a special thing for redemption

Yeah Angelic weapons really should just be dura neg, Immortality neg, and regen neg. Not even Soul Manipulation and all that.

Problem is Vivzie is pretty clear on this. She straight up says their souls ceases to exist, I guess it could be outdated but Idk.

I assume you mean elaborate

Vivzie says when their soul is like erased their dark energy goes around Hell and creates those eyes, which do exist in the show

Alastor supports the idea of souls existing and being important to Sinners since he threatened to rip Husk's soul apart

Sera implied that if Sinners rise against them and somehow make war their "souls" will be in danger

I can probably find a few more but it seems to me like the soul thing is canon

I mean we are talking about Divine Judgement saving Sir Pentious, thats too much of a special case to be used as an antifeat. We dont even know how it happened, maybe Sir Pentious was saved last second? Maybe his soul was erased then reformed? Who knows! Hell the finale even implies he is a Seraphim now so I dont think its a good idea to use that until S2.
Tbh. It does make sense for Redemption just being a special case.
I'd guess Alastor allowed it.
I mean. Still does not support Vivzie’s statement.
Angels can nullify Demonic powers.
It doesn’t work that way
Okay then
I didnt say it was minor, I said it already went through a CRT. You dont need another CRT to scale characters.
What was the CRT then?

I assume you mean elaborate

Vivzie says when their soul is like erased their dark energy goes around Hell and creates those eyes, which do exist in the show

Alastor supports the idea of souls existing and being important to Sinners since he threatened to rip Husk's soul apart

Sera implied that if Sinners rise against them and somehow make war their "souls" will be in danger

I can probably find a few more but it seems to me like the soul thing is canon
Actually this does make sense. Why would Sinners be afraid of their “owners” if they can just regenerate and stuff? I think the core is in owning the soul, tearing up apart of which will make bye-bye Regeneration.

Shouldn’t Alastor get Resistance to Powernull as he could still use his WooDoo powers even after Adam striked him with Angelic Weapons?

Well, nowhere does it say angelic weapons depower sinners
just that they don't come back if they are killed by one

Yeah so it’s pretty cut and clear Resistance to Powernull for me. Not sure if I need a CRT for it (Adam got his Resistance to Regeneration Negation without CRT iirc)

Shouldn’t Alastor get Resistance to Powernull as he could still use his WooDoo powers even after Adam striked him with Angelic Weapons?
I am not sure, angelic weapons nullify when they are on the target. Adam also clearly nullified all his magic with his lights

I am not sure, angelic weapons nullify when they are on the target.
His radio effects of voice were still heard right when Adam striked him (that "AAAAAAA"), his shadow was still sentient and he ran away using his powers in less than 10 seconds after being hit. Stolas, on the other hand, couldn’t.
Adam also clearly nullified all his magic with his lights
That was due to his cane being broken. The attack was landed on it, not Alastor himself.

His radio effects of voice were still heard right when Adam striked him (that "AAAAAAA"), his shadow was still sentient and he ran away using his powers in less than 10 seconds after being hit. Stolas, on the other hand, couldn’t.
yea cause stolas was wrapped in angelic rope.

His radio effects of voice were still heard right when Adam striked him (that "AAAAAAA"), his shadow was still sentient and he ran away using his powers in less than 10 seconds after being hit. Stolas, on the other hand, couldn’t.s
Stolas was under the affects THE ENTIRE TIME, while Al simply got hit once his attacks nullified, and THEN used his powers

Just rewatched HH and noticed the implications by Charlie that Lucifer thinks of her as “failure” in the Pilot, although it wasn’t anything like that in the show. Guess that was retconned huh.

Last edited:

You knew this was coming eventually

Yeah I feel like Types 1, 2, 3, and 8 were valid. I never saw how Type 5 was valid ever.

Speaking of demonic physiology, there's something I wanted to mention here.

I think we should remove "fallen angel" from demonic physiology.

"Falling" doesn't give you any new physiology.

Vaggie is a fallen angel and she has not demonstrated any demonic properties (as far as I remember)

And the Cherubim were thrown out of heaven (which I would consider falling) and they didn't show anything either.

Charlie doesn't count because she's a hybrid, and while Lucifer, well, just one character doesn't justify the existence of a section on the page. Furthermore, we do not have any information about what his "falling" process was like and how he received (or if he already had) these more demonic powers that other fallen angels did not demonstrate.

Speaking of demonic physiology, there's something I wanted to mention here.

I think we should remove "fallen angel" from demonic physiology.

"Falling" doesn't give you any new physiology.

Vaggie is a fallen angel and she has not demonstrated any demonic properties (as far as I remember)

And the Cherubim were thrown out of heaven (which I would consider falling) and they didn't show anything either.

Charlie doesn't count because she's a hybrid, and while Lucifer, well, just one character doesn't justify the existence of a section on the page. Furthermore, we do not have any information about what his "falling" process was like and how he received (or if he already had) these more demonic powers that other fallen angels did not demonstrate.
I agree things like Invulnerability, Immortality Type 5, and Fallen Angel page should be removed until further notice. The show right is far too inconsistent to explain away things like Lute getting pressed by rubbble, or the Angels getting blood drawn out of them by Alastor's demonic shield. So maybe there's information we are left out or something idk.

Back