• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
There is an old thread which is hard to find that place important limitations on hax.

The cases for limitations I believe were

1. A character cannot use hax against an opponent from a higher-dimension compare to he or she even if the opponent the lack of resistance. The exception is if the character can use the hax with Higher-Dimensional Manipulation and it is back up by feats.

2. Hax is based on Feats if not then it is a No Limit Fallacy

3. Hax will always work, unless the opponent got resistances to specific hax or case or case (1) above apply.

So, can anyone find it and if not can the cases mentioned be discussed?

I don't remember this thread and even then, we clearly do not apply this anymore, considering that we only allow the restriction of ability with a higher tier than the character's base tier and Higher Dimensional immortality (the latter of which is being discussed).

@Saikou The Lewd King, I was working on a limitations section for a Hax page that I created to limit confusion on its topics as it is prevalent. Based on what you`said these are accepted,

Case 1 is not applicable since the abilities are usually restricted

So the revised limitations:

1. Certain hax such as Higher Dimensional immortality {Type 9} and Higher-Dimensional Manipulation can be restricted in a versus thread

2. Hax is based on Feats if not then it is subject to Fallacy

3. Hax will always work unless the opponent got resistances to specific hax

I will these to the page and if a staff disagree than it can removed

We don't restrict hax either just because of a lack of feat. If it lack feats, we simply assume it is as strong as its strongest showing We also do not ban hax just if it's unresisted by the opponent. We just don't make the matchup if that's the case.

@Saikou The Lewd King, how would you word it limitation better?

1: This is false, under our updated ruleset.

2: This seems kinda redundant, as it applies to everything, but I would word it as "Hax abilities can not work on a higher scale than they are shown to in their source media, and to assume so is fallacious".

3: This is not a limitation of hax though.

Not restricting things

It's what was discussed in that thread where you started talking about type 9 and concept hax, I'd you want to see the discussion.

The page is lock now but if the result from the thread is agree then we could the hax page properly edited

Back