• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@ElixirBlue

I looked at those laser examples, so by the logic of this blog (not everything in this page is relyable because I had to correct some information about Jenny XJ9) the lasers in Star Wars are relativistic/light speed so the jedis reflecting them are also relativistic/light-speed? There are OTHER lasers for example in Sonic 3K the laser from the Flying Battery is instant contact.

And dodging/evading the light-of-sight is not the same as outrunning lasers/relativistic beams. There are also instant contact lasers from some robots in some Generation Stages for both CLASSIC and MODERN Sonic.

I was to reiterate something to keep people from misunderstanding what I said about the black hole feat, if Sonic HAD some boost stamina in his boost gauge then he would undoubtedly escaped the black hole from colors, the reason why he had none is because (supposedly) he used all his energy to do the Full Color Blast in the last boss.

False analogy in the Jedi shit, laser dodging is mostly lightspeed

The Black Hole was sucking Sonic up, that's why he didn't just run in the back, plus according to you Sonic should already have got into Earth in Act 1

Yes, you need at least 1/3 the speed of light, but not that being above that would make you instanly escape It, my point that you completely ignored

The Black Hole expansion is important because that's why Sonic got chaught up, if it was stable he would have outrun It, just like he does with the Violet Void Black Hole in the same game, plus the Black Hole wasn't a normal one, it was made of thousands of Violet Void, Sonic already has feats of outrunnig Black Hole before

I will cut this short because you are fundamenataly not understanding how laser dodging or the feats, which would make this a waste of time

Plus Sonic being too tired is headcanon, and that would only support that he was slower than normal then he can't go FTL without the boost

Point is Sonic has plenty of FTL feats without it, plus outrunning Black Holes as well

@Theuser789

I did not make a false analogy, especially since gravity doesn't lie and Sonic doesn't immediately drop to the ground in an instant after he jumps up everytime. My point is that laser PROJECTILES aren't the same as Laser RAYS. I even referenced other RAY(instant contact) lasers in the Sonic games (Flying Batter Act 2 pre boss) and Sonic Generations. I even included dodging line-of-sight. Those games have both projectile-lasers and ray-lasers. Claiming that ALL of the lasers in the games are (illogical) headcanon in itself. The only things that would make sense are comparing it to a feat like Samurai Jack jumping to dodge a ray. (I also see an inconsistency with the numbers in that page with Beta set at 5.2c and Nega Wisp Armor being 2.8c, when Nega Wisp is supposed to show a superior feat.)

"Sonic being too tired is headcanon" Sonic not having boost to escape the black hole is NOT headcanon. Some of those laser feats have Sonic with access to boost. It's exactly what I meant for him to go beyond light speed is with boost.

I am not (fundamentally) misunderstanding anything.

The only other thing to possibly debate on is the power of the hyper-go-on black hole is, which isn't as deadly as an actual one because Eggman and Sonic survived getting inside it (which we can say that similarly for the other Wisp black holes in colors games). Here's the thing, there is ANOTHER black hole from ANOTHER game which functions more like a real one as is MUCH smaller, yet powerful and threatening than the expanding black hole from colors, from a Sonic Riders game.

I will agree with the point of "if the Colors black hole was stable/smaller Sonic would have escaped". As for the expansion, we cannot speculate how fast it was expanding and it would be ludicrous if we said that the expansion was going lightspeed/relativistic, then instead of just being 1/3-light speed I would have to say to ESCAPE it would be closer to light speed to escape it yet that would still make Sonic slower than light speed during the feat (no boost gauge).

The forum title is "has (game) Sonic have infinite Speed" in Super/Hyper form he does, in base form he can break the light barrier with boost.

> "Sonic being too tired is headcanon" Sonic not having boost to escape the black hole is NOT headcanon. Some of those laser feats have Sonic with access to boost. It's exactly what I meant for him to go beyond light speed is with boost.

Sonic's boost in Sonic Colors came from collecting Wisps, if you recall. Sonic didn't collect Wisp when he ran down the shaft. Which is a gameplay element.

You do know that even if you were right( which you aren't) that would be a outlier because of the many FTL feats before the boost even existed right?

I am not wasting my time arguing thread walls with you, when based on your laser comment you are not understanding how those even work

@ElixirBlue

"Sonic's boost in Sonic Colors came from collecting Wisps". Okay, thank you for the answer.

@Theuser789

You cannot just label 'Sonic didn't escape the Colors violet black hole because he lacked boost to go lightspeed/FTL' an outlier. Because if Sonic was lightspeed (especially FASTER) he would've already ESCAPED from getting caught in that black hole especially if he was away from the event horizon (black area) when he started running.

"Many FTL feats existed before the boost".

Except the only alleged FTL feats you are giving me are only the (contradictory/anecdotal) laser examples and you haven't listed OTHER FTL feats.

Sonic was accelerating through time with his speed numerous times in Generations and that is immeasurable speed which is above Infinte speed. He was also moving in white space a dimension with no time or space and Null Space a dimension of noghtingness and those are inaccessible speed feats which are above infinite so he is bascially above those in base already.

To Go Beyond Plus Ultra Immeasurable!

So can anyone give me a quick rundown of this thread, are people arguing a regular immeasurable Base Sonic or something like immeasurable Base Sonic via running through time/no time, kinda like Flash?

Not an outlier when it was done more than once and Archie Sonic would still be faster than base anyhow. Anyway I'm gonna stop. Its gonna get pointless there.

In one game, which is an outlier considering how many Sonic games there are. The Flash has done it numerous times in numerous comic books. Also, it's not even remotely consistent for Sonic.

ShakeResounding said:
It would be treated as Flash (Wally West) (Post-Crisis) if anything, a seperate speed statistic and not related to his normal speed whatsoever.
Immeasurable normally is a hilarious outlier.
The fact that is says that on Flash's profile is what confused me and made me think Sonic's time travel running is what made hi m immeasurable in base.

JackHammer 2099 said:
"Sonic was accelerating through time with his speed numerous times in Generations and that is immeasurable speed which is above Infinte speed."
The Generations feat is not actually an "infinite-speed" feat (much less "above-infinite-speed"). Also he wasn't actually time travelling at will in that game, the different-locations-from-different-points-in-time were just physically next to each other, kind of like having 3000 B.C. egypt being physically right next to Texas during the civil war era. Or having King Tut at age 12 be right next to a 25-year-old George Washington. Sonic restored the zones frozen and one fan-video that best describes it is Sonic spreading his Kinetic energy restoring the zones (plus Sonic needed help from his younger self).

I would like people to watch my LAST Sonic video on youtube because it takes too long for me to describe what's happening in Generations (Generations is complicated to describe) the "Time and Space" thing that fans get from it and a lot of them interpret that as "infinite speed" which is headcanon/fan-interpretation.

As for the Null Space example, Sonic had help (using Double-Boost) to escape from in and post-level cutscene he said "maybe I wouldn't escape BY MYSELF" plus the Null Space is a pocket dimension created by the Phantom Ruby's power.

One other thing I want to touch on, I am refering to Game Sonic. If it was Archie-Sonic then I would agree that he may have unlimited-speed.

TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
Doesn't Base Sonic have two infinite speed feats one in Generations and one in Forces (Which is debatably actually immeasurable) there's a small consistency of sonic having infinite speed.
So to directly answer the question of the OP.

Yes he has infinite speed with two feats, but it's not in his profile because "Muh Hurrr durrr Outlier" And not to be disrespectful but that's actually it.
Sonic actually has 3 Infinite Speed Feats. Fixing space and time in Generations, moving around in destroyed reality during his fight with Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla and him escaping Null Space in Forces.

Dabeastmanz23 said:
Sonic actually has 3 Infinite Speed Feats. Fixing space and time in Generations, moving around in destroyed reality during his fight with Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla and him escaping Null Space in Forces.
I already debunked the "infinite" interpretation in Generations and the Null Space is Forces in my video. The "infinite" is just wanked headcanon that fans use from the VAGUENESS of the context.

Dabeastmanz23 said:
Speed is distance/time. not fixing time and space, not destroying reality, not escaping null space.

The best you have proven with that is limited space-time manipulation.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Dabeastmanz23 said:
Speed is distance/time. not fixing time and space, not destroying reality, not escaping null space.
The best you have proven with that is limited space-time manipulation.
"When the Sonics accelerate through time, they fix space, returning colour and life!" Quote from Tails in Sonic Generations. In his fight with Alf-Layla-Wa-Layla, since reality is destroyed, that means there is no space or time. Since 0/0 is undefined, that would logically mean that he has infinite speed, since there is no space to move around in, and no time to count that speed. Null Space was stated by Eggman to be a dimension where absolutely nothing exists. That means, again, no space and no time. So Infinite Speed.

You think I'm saying that he destroyed the reality etc. Not only can he do that, but that's not what I'm saying.

Darkstar-Archangel said:
Dabeastmanz23 said:
I already debunked the "infinite" interpretation in Generations and the Null Space is Forces in my video. The "infinite" is just wanked headcanon that fans use from the VAGUENESS of the context.
I love how you say you debunked it but you don't post a link, that's your headcanon buddy. Show me the specific video. Also, I've heard that the majority of people disagree with you, which is a pretty bad sign for debunking isn't it?

Dabeastmanz23 said:
I love how you say you debunked it but you don't post a link, that's your headcanon buddy. Show me the specific video. Also, I've heard that the majority of people disagree with you, which is a pretty bad sign for debunking isn't it?
My video is on my channel right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMq3jl5DJQ

And by the way, first off, NO, having Sonic fans disagreeing with me is NOT a valid arguement. It is a fallacy 'Appeal to popularity'. Of course people would disagree with me because most of the Sonic fanbase prefers theories that up-play him even to the extreme degree.

Second off, my statement "the infinite-interpretation is just a wanked headcanon that fans get from the vagueness from the context of the Generations cutscenes" is NOT a headcanon.

I've seen that video. That is just headcannons even if it was posted. Your also the guy who said Chaos Emeralds are not Emeralds they are quartz and said Sonic is sub light speed and claimed time and space to be a fan interpretation. You not making good arguements your just repeating yourself to justify your claims.

Also Base did that speed feat more than once its not an outlier. His higher forms are superior to him that wouldn't make that an outlier. If he can do that in base he can do it in his superior forms as well along the fact it can be added as proof he is that fast regardless. I played those games and research it many times.

Anyway close this thread its going nowhere apparently.

@JackHammer 2099

I like how you just flat out label my video as "headcanon" without explaining anything. "You said Chaos Emeralds are quartz" who cares what I say in my OLD video, I made the newer one to replace the OLD one. And your last sentence in your first paragraph is just "your points suck" that's not a counter-argument.

"Also base did that feat more than once." Did WHAT more than once? Also you need to state the specific examples of the 2 or more certain feats that he did at base, whatever it is the feat that you're saying. And I know his super forms are better but what he does in super forms are irrelevant to my arguments, I'm only focusing on base.

Back