• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Happy Independence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Amexim

I mean, I agree to an extent (I'm also a black american), but that's better to be discussed on a different thread, in a different place, in a different context.

We could talk about how our country's founders were hypocrite slave owners and philanderers; but it sours a moment which has more-so turned into a gathering for all Americans to celebrate (Over the centuries).

As, for all of its flaws...I still love my country quite a bit, it's our home and we should spread positivity and prosperity.

I don't believe in god, but truly...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

ahem

Oh, say can you see,

By the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hailed,

At the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars,

Through the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched,

Were so gallantly streaming.

And the rocket's red glare,

The bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night,

That our flag was still there.

Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,

For the land of the free, and the home of the brave.

Happy 4th of July to all of you! God bless America!

YungManzi said:
@Amexim

I mean, I agree to an extent (I'm also a black american), but that's better to be discussed on a different thread, in a different place, in a different context.

We could talk about how our country's founders were hypocrite slave owners and philanderers; but it sours a moment which has more-so turned into a gathering for all Americans to celebrate (Over the centuries).

As, for all of its flaws...I still love my country quite a bit, it's our home and we should spread positivity and prosperity.

I don't believe in god, but truly...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Preach, my friend. Preach.

It's not really a joke, writing songs that inspired is still heroism. His lesser known songs further elaborate this and are just as good in quality as his mainstream ones. And he regularly does quote said people in his lyrics. And he did do a lot of good things outside the music industry and helped a lot of people. Some of which I know people who know from experience. Just don't believe things media says, he was just as good a person as he was an artist.

I know for a fact we shouldn't go down that rabbit hole, so I won't. I just think someone like him was less influential on this country than the people who ran it for years.

@Medeus

Okay. I would have selected M.L. King instead, but no problem.

@All

Anyway, I have to go to bed soon. If this thread starts to get too negative and controversial again, I would appreciate if other staff members remove the comments, and if it goes out of control, it will have to be closed in combination with removing posts.

It's a wonderfull day for the entire world, not only for USA.

Thanks to the Founding Fathers of the United States, thanks for the American Revolution, thanks for USA and the freedom and the values of the entire continent of America an the modern world.

Congratulations from Chile, of a chilean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back