• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo: Master Chief and Spartans' revisions and downgrades

Yeah, it was Creative Assembly for Halo Wars 2 as apparently 343 Industry originally started out during Bungie Era as well.
Whoever it was that wrote AtN horribly butchered the whole series since not only is there Flood in the DLC but High Charity is somehow still there and mostly intact despite Chief obliterating it.

Whoever it was that wrote AtN horribly butchered the whole series since not only is there Flood in the DLC but High Charity is somehow still there and mostly intact despite Chief obliterating it.
Speaking of Chief destroying High Charity, it was never shown it was completely destroyed tbf as the fate of High Charity after what Chief done to it was vague.

Perhaps but the Flood were supposed to be gone full stop thanks to the Halo firing in 3.
Only the Flood there and IIRC, it was a localized sterilization as other installations are very far away from each other as well.

Hell, Halo 3 did went out of its way to mention they were doing a localized sterilization and not the life wipe that occurred in the finale of Forerunner Flood War

Only the Flood there and IIRC, it was a localized sterilization as other installations are very far away from each other as well.

Hell, Halo 3 did went out of its way to mention they were doing a localized sterilization and not the life wipe that occurred in the finale of Forerunner Flood War
The fact that it was localized doesn't change the fact that the Flood are still on the Ark, which Guilty Spark also stated would be destroyed by the installation firing too.

The fact that it was localized doesn't change the fact that the Flood are still on the Ark, which Guilty Spark also stated would be destroyed by the installation firing too.
Hmm, that is a fair point, but I thought we talking about the High Charity one where I don’t think it was near the Ark and the other installation was it?

Oh right, Halo 2 was a thing as well as that was taken place before Halo 3 came in.

The Flood was already on High Charity before the events of Halo 3

Like even ignoring the Flood and High Charity's continued existence there, the fact that the ARK is still intact is a direct violation of Halo 3's ending.

Like even ignoring the Flood and High Charity's continued existence there, the fact that the ARK is still intact is a direct violation of Halo 3's ending.
Hmmm, that seems fair. Another inconsistency for that matter or it is a durability feat for the Ark as it wasn’t completely destroyed IIRC unlike High Charity I suppose

I just realized something. I don’t think the Halo Ring was said to actually destroy structures as shown in Halo Legends on what the firing was never actually shown to completely destroy things.

Speaking of Halo 3 ending, it doesn’t show High Charity or the Ark being completely destroyed

I just realized something. I don’t think the Halo Ring was said to actually destroy structures as shown in Halo Legends on what the firing was never actually shown to completely destroy things.

Speaking of Halo 3 ending, it doesn’t show High Charity or the Ark being completely destroyed

Guilty Spark says a premature firing will destroy the Ark and the installation and considering that the installation was blowing itself up in the process I'm gonna believe the same happened to the Ark.

This topic isn't really relevant to the CRT, but I will add that the Ark's survival was hinted at in novels, and short stories well before Halo Wars 2 ever released, and it was said that the Ark was damaged. Forerunner installations presumably have some degree of self-repair, so that could explain the state of the Ark in Halo Wars 2.

Let us know what you find, and what is this blog you speak of? If it's legit, and in the lower end of Small Building Level it may not be an outlier. But if it's in the triple megajoules, it's guaranteed to be an outlier.
1) Here's the fuel rod feat 2) The calc is here, sadly it seems like an outlier but I think a recalc would be worth looking at 3) I mentioned this earlier but I think it might be worth looking at these Spartan Charge showings; they're gameplay feats but are represented in both cutscenes (the old 9-A+ feat) and trailers so it seems 343 holds them as something Spartans with Gen II Mjolnir can do in canon (which would scale to Gen III), some are also required to progress through the level. Not upgrade worthy but they could either support the 9-A+ or be good supporting feats for us
This topic isn't really relevant to the CRT, but I will add that the Ark's survival was hinted at in novels, and short stories well before Halo Wars 2 ever released, and it was said that the Ark was damaged. Forerunner installations presumably have some degree of self-repair, so that could explain the state of the Ark in Halo Wars 2.
theorized too considering we seem to see it in the original Halo 5 trailer; the Ark's survival is weird but it was built up for a while. High Charity tho...

He said they would be destroyed, the installation was literally exploding and it was right above the Ark, yet despite that the whole thing is unharmed in Halo Wars 2.
Yeah, but IIRC 343 Guilty Spark isn’t fully knowledgeable on everything especially when it comes to Ark. At least, he has the basics regarding the Installations including the Ark.

So he could also been wrong there as well

• "Not at all. While I had a complete understanding of Installation 04, my Makers wisely limited my knowledge of all other strategic facilities. Compartmentalization - in case I was ever captured, by the Flood."

1) Here's the fuel rod feat 2) The calc is here, sadly it seems like an outlier but I think a recalc would be worth looking at 3) I mentioned this earlier but I think it might be worth looking at these Spartan Charge showings; they're gameplay feats but are represented in both cutscenes (the old 9-A+ feat) and trailers so it seems 343 holds them as something Spartans with Gen II Mjolnir can do in canon (which would scale to Gen III), some are also required to progress through the level. Not upgrade worthy but they could either support the 9-A+ or be good supporting feats for us
'
DDM has shown a correct way to calculate feats like being away from the nuke, so I would wait for his opinion on the matter, so a recalc would be ideal. As for the Fuel Rod, it appears to one-shot a Phantom, which definitely seems weird considering what we know of its capabilities. But it seems to be a fragmentation feat, so it might not be too out of line.

As for those charge feats, that could be worth calculating, the ground pound one especially so. Eyeballing, they look like they could potentially be 9-B+ to Low 9-A.

DDM has shown a correct way to calculate feats like being away from the nuke, so I would wait for his opinion on the matter, so a recalc would be ideal. As for the Fuel Rod, it appears to one-shot a Phantom, which definitely seems weird considering what we know of its capabilities. But it seems to be a fragmentation feat, so it might not be too out of line.

As for those charge feats, that could be worth calculating, the ground pound one especially so. Eyeballing, they look like they could potentially be 9-B+ to Low 9-A.
1) Dope :) 2) That's good but we also see Fuel Rod projectiles making big explosions earlier, not sure how we can scale using the buildings but that could be dope 3) And yeah that's what I was thinking too
How much do you think Ripa can get for tanking that thing slamming into him?
prolly easy wall level

How much do you think Ripa can get for tanking that thing slamming into him?
It seems he stopped it from crushing him judging by the gap between the slipspace drive and the door, so it has potential as a lifting strength feat. Getting the object's mass should be easy, calculating how much force he'd need to stop it from crushing him at that angle as it slid down? I don't know, it seems potentially complex to calc.

It seems he stopped it from crushing him judging by the gap between the slipspace drive and the door, so it has potential as a lifting strength feat. Getting the object's mass should be easy, calculating how much force he'd need to stop it from crushing him at that angle as it slid down? I don't know, it seems potentially complex to calc.
looks like an easy Class 25 - Class 50 which seems consistent with stuff like the Scorpion flipping

looks like an easy Class 25 - Class 50 which seems consistent with stuff like the Scorpion flipping
It would be consistent with Four Spartans working together to move a 100 ton monument, and Gen 3 Master Chief holding a large mass of granite on his shoulders in Shadows of Reach, but there's never been any Scorpion flipping, only a dubious statement from someone who wasn't even a writer as I recall.

It would be consistent with Four Spartans working together to move a 100 ton monument, and Gen 3 Master Chief holding a large mass of granite on his shoulders in Shadows of Reach, but there's never been any Scorpion flipping, only a dubious statement from someone who wasn't even a writer as I recall.
Nah there's statements in the game guides and Frank O Conner states it himself (he's the narrative lead at 343 and has written narrative fiction since the terminals)
Man, Fal is gonna be OP as hell after this.
Honestly I'm kinda curious to see how busted Atriox will be after this since he basically upscales all the Spartans

Beam Rifle was retconned to be a SoL particle beam iirc. So he got upgraded.
Not so fast, unless we can see some strong evidence that this is the case, it is still the listed muzzle velocity. It also doesn't even make sense given we have seen Spartans dodge/aim dodge them on occasion.

I just found something worth mentioning, a feat possibly from one of the stationary shade turrets. In one of the Halo 2 cutscenes, they seem to obliterates an ODST pod in some burst fire.

I'll attempt to calc it. As I understand it we do not have a fragmentation value for Titanium, so we will use steel at 208 j/cc. An ODST pod used in the scene is about 870 kilograms. The density of Titanium is 4,500 kg/M^3 so 870/4500= 0.19333 cubic meters, or 193330 cc. 208* 193330= 40.21 Megajoules, so low 9-A, but I am pretty sure it took burst shots to do this. A burst of these turrets would be 3-6 plasma bolts no? So the Shade Turrets are possibly 13.40 Megajoules, 9-B+, or 6.70 Megajoules, close to 9-B+. It's been a loooooong time since I attempted any calculations, so my math could easily be off. This result would be consistent with shown durability feats, and the MkV Mjolnir shields can take hits from shade turrets without breaking instantly.

Back