• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GV2 Anthem Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really a calc, I'm just playing with a theory here.

Anthem at full power is generally accepted as being a x100 multiplier thanks to Zonda's statements. That's fine, I'm not arguing with that. What I'm wondering about is the multiplier of the Joule Shards.

To keep everyone on the same page, GV2's plot opens with Joule being trapped in a magic mirror which is then shattered by Tenjian, splitting her Septima into nine pieces (eight shards and her consciousness, which retains some of her power). There's no calculation on how strong the weakened Anthem is, or how much the Grimoires containing the Shards power up the bosses.

...until now.

True Anthem is a x100 multiplier, or a 9900% increase. Assuming that Joule's power is evenly split between the Shards and herself, that would theoretically drop the multiplier/percentage increase into a ninth of what it was. This would be a 1100% increase, or a 12x multiplier, attached to each Shard.

This has two major applications, both relating to the Gunvolt 2 cast. One, it lets us properly establish how powerful Anthem GV2 Gunvolt and Copen are, by multiplying the current calc. And two, by reversing the direction and dividing by 12, we can establish the strength of the Eden Seven in base form without Grimoires, and since they scale to the GV1 roster...revisions for all pages except Joule.

If this does get generally good consensus, I already have a spreadsheet set up to calculate the Anthem and Base Seven. I'll put the numbers up on an edit if it happens.

AFOREMENTIONED EDIT:

Base Seven & GV1 Roster: 55291659873.2 Joules, 13.22 Tons of TNT, City Block level

GV1 Anthem and Asimov: 5529165987317 Joules, 1.32 Kilotons of TNT, Small Town level

GV2 Weakened Anthems: 7961999021736 Joules, 1.90 Kilotons of TNT, Small Town level

I was going to mention Base Tenjian fighting GV, but he did actually have a boon from a Glaive at the time, so this seems good.

Thanks. I feel like for Tenjian, he should be "Division calc, possibly 8-A with Glaive (fought with Gunvolt in the second game, though he was at a disadvantage) | 8-A (froze over a city)".

Still, waiting for a bit more input.

Also, bit of a tangent, but for Gunvolt's page, can we put "7-C with fully-powered Anthem" for the second game's prologue, separate from Self-Anthem? It's not like Gunvolt has many matchups right now anyway.

Okay, I put the numbers into an edit, just so we can see it easier.

I'm gonna look into Tenjian's HP totals next, to try and get something for the Glaive's multiplier. I'm thinking it's probably x3 or x4, but I can't be sure.

@The Smashor

Can you summarise what is suggested here?

Oh, hello, Ant.

To summarize, by dividing the accepted boost from Anthem (9900%) by nine, I worked out the multiplier of the Muse Shards from the second Gunvolt game (x12), and used that to:

A) Conclusively determine the strength of the weaker Anthem on GV and Copen, and

B) Reverse the multiplier to calc Tenjian's base power, which scales to the entire GV1 roster.

Using the accepted city-freeze calc we're currently using:

Base Seven & GV1 Roster: 55291659873.2 Joules, 13.22 Tons of TNT, City Block level

GV1 Anthem and Asimov: 5529165987317 Joules, 1.32 Kilotons of TNT, Small Town level

GV2 Weakened Anthems: 7961999021736 Joules, 1.90 Kilotons of TNT, Small Town level

Okay. I suppose that it is probably fine then.

I'll add it now.

By the way, this makes normal humans 8-C+ for downscaling from 8-B, just so everyone knows ahead of time.

Yeah. This might upgrade LAiX as a whole to Low 7-C, actually.

It's not a Crashbolt calc, but I'll take what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back