• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah I see (though Japanese cities have actually been on the decline in size due to decreasing population)

Isn't Kyoto still in the top 10?"

A city in the middle makes the most sense if not one lower.

Well nobody gave me a suggestion, and the fact that there's a 5 star hotel there means it's probably on the higher end in size.

Why would a 5-star hotel mean it's on the higher end? I'm not seeing the connection?

Probably because it's a fancier city I guess? It's not like Eden would attack a tiny city if they wanted to send a message.

Nah, that's more of a site standard, plus it's inconsistent with any showing in the setting for tier 3.
Anyways, a jump from 9-A to Low 7-C is really large with no canon correlation for it to not be an outlier.

Nah, that's more of a site standard, plus it's inconsistent with any showing in the setting for tier 3.
Anyways, a jump from 9-A to Low 7-C is really large with no canon correlation for it to not be an outlier.
That's not the only reason to consider something an outlier. Context really matters as well.

Yes, and the context supports it being an outlier as it doesn't matches up with the showcased capabilities of the rest of the cast in any way out of being a single feat that just happened. Everyone has shown to struggle doing (and taking) attacks with a far lower destructive capacity, consistently being at 9-A out of scaling to mechas, as said before.

What instances are you speaking about? Because from all the things you kept linking it doesn't really seem like the cast was struggling to do those feats.

A mini boss, IE, a minor obstacle to prepare you for a proper fight, constantly firing 9-A weapons rapid fire

That, but easily 9-A as opposed to just 9-A, and the main character's barriers tank it with him not even being slightly phased

And a single laser that sweeps across the bottom of the field

None of which are high effort or in the slightest contradict Low 7-C

Are we seriously doing this again? Not only have I had to get DMUA, who by this point, is probably very damn pissed off at this verse, I got the actual scans that say Tenjian can FREEZE A CITY. This verse, does not, have any feats whatsoever, the minibosses are practically fodder, and the game style just does not have the room to create these massive giant feats, that's why everything is "9-A". Again, I'm tired of this. Dang man.

As for the size of the city, we can't really know, but it's still a city, so, idk.

The cast is not struggling to do these feats, in the VERY SCANS I've sent, the very same cold waves that Tenjian uses to freeze cities are coiled around his blades for attacks, meaning that this is his normal power as a Muse Amped Adept, as if the flash freezing city thing was a normal thing in his arsenal

@Smashtwig if DMUA is getting angry at this, maybe you should... stop asking him here?

@Bobsican I do agree with them, I don't think this is an outlier. Though the feat has bigger problems to focus on anyways, like the size for example.

@The_Smashor

EDIT: "Context: Tenjian freezes an entire city. He also did this without a Muse shard in his backstory according to his profile, although I don't have the translated version on hand." - The Calc

"Tenjian wasn't this powerful when we first fought. The power he took from Joule must be aiding him." - The Script

Also why did you use nitrogen in your calc?

Last edited:
I don't think his profile said that he can freeze cities without the shard:

"When using it along the Copy “Sword”, this Ability only froze the ground that GV and Acura were standing at (but it should also be noted it was also due to the lack of need to deploy it at a larger scale) but once it’s boosted up by the “Fairy Tale”, it becomes a large-scale Ability that, when used, it was able to drive a whole city into paralysis."

This implies that he can only do it with the Shard, which he does. It all loops back with LAiX scaling though. What Tenjian can do without a blade, as a kid, was this:

"It’s said that when Tenjian, who barely survived after eating the poisoned apple, went into rage and his 7th Wave (Sevens) ran out of control, freezing the area along with the people living there."

This is obviously too vague, but we can at least assume he froze in the range from either a room to possibly an entire block, though that part is a stretch.

I also didn't call DMUA here except one time, I'm assuming that he had the thread on follow and sort of did it himself, he's likely still annoyed af tho.

@Bobsican really? Regardless, the feat is probably not Low 7-C given everything I wrote out, assuming Smashor can't answer them.

@Smashtwig it loops back with the scaling? Como? I might be a bit rusty with the verse, but if I remember correctly the shards should give a pretty large boost.

Yes, it's kind of weird, but it does indeed make sense at the same time

First off, we should go over the fact that Sumeragi's Weaponizing Grimores do indeed enhance a Septima... I think, and the one Tenjian used was simply not as good as the original.

If you didn't play LAiX, I'll fill you in. So there's this character from that game called Blade, she has the Azure Striker Septima, just like Gunvolt, but not just like Gunvolt, scans show (Sleepy has already provided them, they're somewhere in one of the pages) that her Azure Striker Septimosome comes DIRECTLY from Gunvolt's very corpse (LAiX takes place 100 years after GV1 Bad Ending).

Blade was captured in a human raid against Asimov, the latter in turn captured Blade and implanted the Septima into her (she could not have been gone for long, considering that her sister kept a picture of her and herself, and Blade didn't seem to noticeably age.)

How this relates to scaling to Gunvolt 2 is that Copen in this game is essentially, his Gunvolt 2 self, same moveset and everything. Blade has the same Septima as Gunvolt, from Gunvolt 1, not 2. Blade also beats Copen twice, and draws with him once with this GV1 Septima, and not even using it properly like its former user. Thus, GV2/LAiX Copen is = Gunvolt 1 GV/Blade

I know, kind of weird, but it does make sense

I used nitrogen because when I asked how to do a freezing feat I was told to basically plug different numbers into Mei's ice wall feat (The feat was considered invalid as AP since it's not really an AP feat, but it's a good calc anyways). It should be noted that feat was based on a feat by Weiss. I assume Nitrogen is just used for ice feats in general for some reason. I don't understand the numbers, I just plugged them in to get bigger numbers.

Mei shoots ice through nitrogen as far as I'm aware, hence why she gets it, for this calc you'd have to use water / ice I'd assume.

The density of Ice: 920 kg / m^3
Mass of the Ice: TBD
Specific Heat of Ice: 2.11 g / C
Freezing Point of Water: 0 C
Melting Point of Ice: 32 C
Temperature: 21 C (Though it will probably change when we determine what city to use, probably get higher since that is rather low).

Last edited:
Well, you're supposed to go with what is actually being frozen here, I'm not into RWBY anymore so I couldn't tell ya the mechanics of Weiss' feat.

Petshop also uses water and only nitrogen when specified

Though I see that they don't use some of the ice stats that I mentioned, might wanna make a low vs high end thru that.

EDIT: Cairo is 19.44 degrees in January? Lower than I expected to be entirely honest.

Last edited:
Well, there definitely isn't any water in the stage so... probably freezing the air? But then he's freezing the city, and we don't know what the city is made of so idk

It depends on the mechanics of the ability, like how Petshop is stated to freeze the air first then launches the projectile. I usually assume they create the ice themselves, especially given a closed room would inevitably run out of air to freeze.

Hm, that's true huh, but he froze a city, meaning that he'd be outside right? It certainly LOOKS like he's freezing the air in certain attacks, like for Frigid Blossom and Seven Slashes, plus, he makes giant ice constructs when doing those attacks too seemingly out of nowhere.

But the ground is a different case, since its already in solid form... but then he freezes it to the point of "below" absolute zero... idk. I feel like this is currently the best we can do

Not only have I had to get DMUA, who by this point, is probably very damn pissed off at this verse
I mean like, eh?

I actually have obtained slight interest given what I've seen, but like

Yeah I don't get why this would be an outlier, every lower feat is either done by stuff clearly less powerful, or with utter ease.

Well, I think the outlier talk is done, we're discussing about how to go about the freeze calc since we used Nitrogen, and we aren't sure if we did it right or not

I guess since it's like, a layer of ice on the floor of the city that would probably be the case, the further you get off the ground, the less viable humidity is going to be for your ice creation

Well if he did freeze the city through the air, then the entire city- air and all, should have been frozen. If I understand correctly, it's still possible to get in the city, no? It's not like the entire city is one massive ice cube.

i guess this renders the current calc invalid, and the recalc will get drastically reduced in results.
It would be funny if the result ended up being 9-A

Seems like the the calc already covered that. I traced through the steps and I don't think it's calculating the air freezing, just the floor. I think it should stand, because tbh, I don't think there's a better way to calc this as of yet

Well, the gap is logically way too high to keep the calc as reliable. I would like to hear what DMUA thinks, however.

The problem is that they should probably be using water for reference, as the air does have humidity and it freezes way faster than nitrogen (Unless it's specifically freezing the air and thereby nitrogen)

Which, I'm not entirely sure about, but since it's just freezing the ground over a very wide area, I think it would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back