• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with "solid" 8-A staying if the staff doesn't mind, as I still find it (a bit) dubious in regards to being an outlier or not.

Last edited:
Jeez. You two were just writing three page essays to each other the entire time I was asleep. I'm honestly kind of glad the argument ended before I woke up...

High 7-A feat doesn't count anymore because there's no direct statement it's mass-energy conversion, and Ghauri's feat doesn't count anymore because Viper and Gibril both have separate lightspeed statements.

In a website where 99% of matches are speed equalized, I feel like we got the worse end of this deal.

Last edited:
Hey, at least we didn't end up with a 9-A cast.

Wait, I just bothered checking the calc... where it's stated that he did that to all of Tokyo at once? It seems like sheer headcanon otherwise, making the calc arguably too dubious. From what I remember he did it in parts, even if instantly.

Last edited:
1. I used Tokyo for the city's size. It's not actually Tokyo.

2. If Tejnian did it one area at a time, Copen and Nori would have realized long before the city was entirely frozen given their resources.

Isn't Tokyo the largest city in Japan? We usually go with something in the center.

I mean, you can clearly see that being the case in gameplay, you enter a new "room", and then it's flash-frozen.
It would be better to calc AP from the largest individual area, if possible, or at least low-ball the current calc more, right now the results are too exaggerated to be viable.

I used Tokyo because Gunvolt is in a futuristic setting.

Why would Tenjian freeze his own base of operations? He obviously left it unfrozen and only started freezing it when his position was attacked.

Eh, I just thought cities would be bigger. I can probably redo the calc with a smaller city if you want me to.

Ah I see (though Japanese cities have actually been on the decline in size due to decreasing population)

Isn't Kyoto still in the top 10?

In any case, I think we should go for a more lower take, "futuristic" isn't really an excuse for anything to be bigger or better in every aspect you can think of, especially for something not necessarily related to technology such as the size of a town as in here. 20 Minutes into the future is a common trope, after all.
Maybe some pixelscaling could be used, we do get to see the place the level takes place within a map, assuming it can be scaled to an IRL one or so.
I used Tokyo because Gunvolt is in a futuristic setting.

Why would Tenjian freeze his own base of operations? He obviously left it unfrozen and only started freezing it when his position was attacked.
As for this, well, we don't have anything supporting that he froze all the city at once, so this is the closest we have to properly quantify his capabilities.

Last edited:
They have a point about the whole city thing. The main city in the Gunvolt verse, the one with the giant Sumeragi building is likely the largest in the setting, it should be comparable to Tokyo in that sense, but Tenjian froze another, different city. It did have a five star hotel, so that would mean it wouldn't be some kind of pathetically small town.

Again, Tenjian freezing it in parts was already debunked beforehand, which is why it was calced in the first place. But, he did freeze the stage in parts, but that was only the second part of the stage, and the second part of the stage takes place inside the hotel. Tenjian "covered the city in ice" meaning that he would only affect outdoor places. Also, he froze the parts of his stage in his Non-Grimore form, presumably, as his dialogue box where he speaks before freezing the first part was shortly afterward had him in his normal outfit, not weaponized. Same can be said for Milas, who does have presence throughout the stage in the same manner.

But in the event that this isn't allowed somehow (even though I believe we accepted it a long time ago), Seven Slashes, his ice crystal dash thing, and Frigid Blossom.

I'm getting really dang tired of this perpetual loop

Well, proper scaling is best at least.
Mmm... "freezing a town" could be too vague, it doesn't necessarily means that every square meter within a town (whose size is quite high-balled as said before and should be redone with a more reasonable size) was frozen.

Maybe whatever result that comes from the recalc could just be divided by 2 to account for this.

Last edited:
Finding a map of Tenjian stage is a no go

However, I looked into the Dangeki profiles, which is basically more detail on the character himself. It really does seem to imply that Tenjian can freeze cities, saying it twice even. These profiles are legitimate too, they fill in gaps as to why certain things are the way they are, such as why Tenjian's Seven Slashes always one shots, freezing literal space, time, soul, and existences before slashing em apart. This was already discussed before when a dude (forgot his name) decided to bring us a frick load of evidence for a ton a things.

Already on it with the pictures, but they are indeed from Dangeki, and are completely legitimate. Asking that other guy, SleepyLegend (who isn't here yet), he was on Smashor's Message Wall, which I believe you actually read over. Those scans are from either the legitimate GV2 Translations (not by 8-4), or Dangeki profiles, translated by Sidier himself. He's on it at the moment.

This is the Dangeki Nintendo Magazine Translated into google doc form

they are translated from things like this (this one is Desna, but Tenjian has one too, literally every single Eden adept has one, and right now we can't find Tenjian's own):

Okay, they should be featured on the calc, especially the specific quotes that support the assumptions.
A recalc still should be done as the area is too high-balled, then again.

It really depends on what tile sets are, some are thicker than others, if possible, we could calculate some of Tenjian's attacks as well

Alright, I'm confused about something. When I turn the inches into kilometers and multiply it by the square kilometers of the city, I get 10.51255454 meters cubed total. But when I convert both units into meters before multiplying them, I get 10512.55454 meters cubed. And no, I didn't convert the end result from kilometers to meters, it just comes out that way. Here's my exact math (Note that I used a half-inch for the second number, converted in the appropriate unit):

Method 1 (Kilometers to meters): 827.7602km times 0.0000127km = 0.01051255454km. 0.01051255454km x 1000 = 10.51255454m

Method 2 (Just meters): 827760.2 times 0.0127 = 10512.55454m.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Edit: I've posted the question to the QnA board.

I see. So I should just use the meters.

I think that mistake made the original calc way lower than it actually was. Despite using thinner ice and a smaller area, we might get way bigger results. And naturally Bob will argue about it being an outlier for no less than three days.

Also something is really wrong with tabbers at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind, only happens just after editing a page

Wait, the scaling would be reasonable if Tenjian did it with a Muse Shard... it does seem like an outlier, verses have been downgraded before out of relying on a single feat to high-end the cast that far, it doesn't help that it isn't consistent with anyone else beyond sheer scaling out of a lack of feats on a similar level.
After all, the gap between 9-A and Low 7-C is not something you can round up even with scaling.
Good calc tho.

9-A has Nova and....

You're saying there's other 9-A feats, but I don't see any.

We already established that just because fodder is 9-A, that doesn't mean Low 7-C is an outlier.

Last edited:
From the top of my head:
- This is taken as a mini-boss
- This mini-boss feat is easily 9-A
- Asroc's mecha gets to 9-A
- Nova's thing

Anything else I can think of is either hax (Teseo), just AoE with no actual direct relation to AP to get any results beyond 9-A (Ghauri, Desna), or the outlier related to Tenjian.
There's far more 9-B feats, but that would be too far, the cast is displayed consistently above the respective mini-bosses that get to 9-A
And no, the 9-As aren't fodder, the fodder (Random soldiers) just goes up to 9-B.

From our outliers page:

"However, all effort should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only the most extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable."

I seriously doubt this falls under the most extreme examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back