• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CRTs are allowed again, so let's try this once more. I'll just list the revisions, and some other things.

Verse Wide:

High 7-A buff due to Gunvolt scaling to Blade scaling to Demerzel. As Demerzel is a being of pure energy, and the feat is Mass-Energy Conversion, it scales more or less directly to AP, especially since the feat was done repeatedly in a casual manner.

Anthem 100x multiplier no longer a thing, as it was only in the 8-4 translation

Gunvolt:

Limited Soul Manipulation, ability to ignore Intangibility, resistance to getting intangibility ignored. We should probably also change the Stamina, as conversations imply that the game takes place over multiple days. Viper's stage, as well as the fact that GV fought from an unknown time in the night to sunrise for the final stages of the game, should be enough for his stamina. Also, Resistance to Existence Erasure for being able to survive Jota's EE, which will be mentioned later.

Revised profile can be seen here (This is my version, Smashtwig's sandbox has better descriptions and things but I can't find it at the moment)

Copen:

IIRC, aside from verse-wide changes, he doesn't actually have much other than a major profile restructure. Once again, Smashtwig has that. We also need a new stamina feat for his Gunvolt 2 key, since as I mentioned before conversations imply Gunvolt 2 takes place over multiple days. Since Jota is a DLC fight in Gunvolt 2 maybe the EE resistance could apply to him, but probably not.

Tenjian:

Seven Slashes gives Tenjian Soul Manipulation, Time Manipulation and Spatial Manipulation on a conceptual level, allowing him to freeze and shatter them. The scan is on the revised profile.

Tenjian revised profile

Jota:

Spatial Manipulation and Existence Erasure with Phosphoratorium. Basically, it works on the quantum theory that light itself shapes the world, and as such if there is no light, an area doesn't exist. Jota's attack is specifically stated to tear through the world/space itself.

Jota revised profile

Other things we should look into:

This is mostly speed.

Jota stated in Justice's rage that either Viper or an Adept that he was fighting was as fast as light. And this was before Viper got a Glaive. Considering Jota literally is the one with the Septima that controls light, this probably isn't hyperbole.

Comparing Gunvolt's darts to Copen's lasers during Copen's boss fight has been brought up once or twice, and I think it's worth calculating, especially with Viper apparently being light speed.

I see you finally made it, I tried this too early but, I will comment about this soon, I still think we should have a L7-B verse

(someone will reply about that soon, which I agree with)

I also don't recall Viper being Light Speed in Justice Rage, unless I missed it- but I swore I recall the entire thing

Also, you can edit my Sandbox with these changes if you want

(Go to FCOC and edit to URL with User: Smashtwig/Sandbox_4 GV or 5 for Copen)

(I was also be speaking for SleepyLegend until he finally gets on here since he couldn't make the deadline beforehand for the forum move)

Last edited:
The High 7-A is pretty clearly applicable to AP.

Edit: Also, I found the light speed quote in the Justice Rage script page on the Gunvolt wiki. Specifically, the Flame and Water section.

Last edited:
Can you point to where Viper is light speed? I'm already convinced that the characters are Light Speed based on Jota and was surprised that they... weren't lightspeed, so yeah.... Justice Rage is a canon event, so, yeah

Here's the full conversation:

Viper: Hah! Alright, ya brat! Did you hate science?

LD thug: Huhahaha, grade school? I dropped outta that!

Jota: What! That man, he’s fast as light!

Nova: He doesn’t need to be as fast as light...

It doesn't specify who's lightspeed between Viper and the Water Adept, but considering Nova says he didn't need to be lightspeed and Viper won the fight, I'm assuming they're referring to Viper.

Huh, the fire vs water episode?

I'll check with the Gunvolt Wiki, see what they can find

Where did you get the translation?

The High 7-A calc should be regarded as invalid, I talked with Woki and he said the evidence for Mass-Energy Conversion ("I turn into electricty" and the holograms with mass) is not enough justification for said formula to be used.

Any character that scales to the calc should be downgraded to whatever previous feat that was used before.

Okay but why though. Why is it invalid?

He literally creates mass with his power. Which is electricity manipulation. Which is energy.

We don't assume random creation feats at being matter to energy shit unless that's directly stated to happen. See everyone else with Creation as a power

Demerzel's power is electricity. Azure Strikers don't have the creation of life in their kit.

It's about as clearly energy to mass as it can be without being directly stated.

It must be specifically stated

"matter to energy conversion was used"

We don't let any type of statement to slip, as "I made this with energy" is almost all creation feats. The specifc method need to be mentioned because people is not exactly too fond with stuff like this.

He did indeed create the holograms from electricity and they acted like they were matter, I'm not sure, either way, I don't think it should be used to justified a H7-A rating, because, well, it's never really used offensively in any way. Demerzel's final attack against Copen is more of a last resort final ditch attempt, which worked, but not a "use literally everything including my very existence to attack"

However, Low 7-B still exists for the entire verse via scaling between GV1 Gunvolt and Blade, I've talked with New about it, and I'm pretty sure that it scales in a loop, no doubt.

This situation is different than most. Demerzel's only powers are electricity manipulation and variations of that. There's literally nothing he could have created those holographs other than Demerzel's energy, likely paired with some form of technology. Dermerzel literally needed to create mass with his electricity. There's quite literally no other explanation.

Again, even if it... was true, I don't think it's well offensively used, I'm not sure about that being the case for the Boss Rush though

This is the same situation as DND storm feats, given the holograms and Demerzel's attacks use the same power source. Demerzel did the feat four times while nearly dead, it's pretty safe to say an attack like Voltaic Chain Meteor took more power.

It's literally a site rule.

"Matter-energy conversion should only be used for a calculation if it is clearly stated that this is the progress used."

Using electricty doesn't really matter, Quote again "Mass Energy Conversion was used" is the form that need to be directly said.

I feel like that rule wasn't made with this sort of thing in mind. With other characters, you can reasonably assume it's just creation. In this case, their power is just electricity manipulation. I agree that the rules as they are now don't allow it, but I also say said rule is flawed.

Something should be allowed when it's the only logical way it could have happened. Mass-Energy is strong, so I understand why the rule is like that, but in this case this wording of the rules prevents what's most logical.

You can say "it's the only logical way it could have happened" with pretty much anyone who has creation and also a not very varied powerset, or has creation based on not magic.

Also you kinda contradicted yourself with the "likely with the aid of technology" thing. That tech could do basically anything, soft sci fi and all.

Perhaps, but consider that Demerzel's power likely is what fueled the technology. Technology in Gunvolt has never shown something on the level of making something from nothing (At least outside of the 8-4 translations).

Your only counter argument here is "It should be because is electricity, is not life manip, therefor is not life other creation feats".

Which not only means very little in this regard, but is also ignorant as creation feats not only revolve around "life" abilities, but anything that can be regarded as creation. Your feat is not different from Green Lantern making contructs out of energy, or Puella Magi's girl making weapons out of energy, and they don't get to assume E-MC^2 either, for the reasons already stated

Green Lantern's constructs are way below his AP even if it was Energy-Mass conversion, it's just not something that gets brought up. (Edit: I mean the constructs if they were Mass Energy Conversion would be way below GL's AP, I kinda worded that weirdly)

IIRC Magi girls have, you know, Magic. Not really comparable to a Sci-Fi series like Gunvolt.

And the fact that he is using electricity doesn't really matter, because again, a direct statement of the specific method used need to be made.

"It's the rules" shouldn't stand in the way of what's the most logical. Demerzel is an extremely unique situation.

I feel like it would cause more complications if we make an exception for the GVerse down the line, other CRTs would happen that would take our example out of context even if they were really H7-A.

Keep in mind the whole holograms with mass thing was also basically just an excuse to make a boss rush happen. While it does count for something in his powers and abilities, it may be a stretch to extend it to AP itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was always iffy on using the "energy to matter" stuff, so I won't oppose a downgrade from this.

Who knows, GV3 may bring us something new. Each game so far has given us something.

GV1: Lightspeed with Jota
GV2: Low 7-B and 8-A Feats, more proof on Lightspeed
LAiX: Blade scaling that upgrades GV1

I can't believe we don't have a storm feat in the game starring an electricity user.

Well, since the High 7-A is gone (At least until wiki-wide revisions can be made) and the fact that Viper is probably lightspeed invalidates the Low 7-B KE feat, I need some options.

Who knows, GV3 may bring us something new. Each game so far has given us something.

GV1: Lightspeed with Jota
GV2: Low 7-B and 8-A Feats, more proof on Lightspeed
LAiX: Blade scaling that upgrades GV1
Well, we aren't going to wait for it, by the time we have info on it a few months would have passed, which is more than enought time to update the pages with the current stuff we have.

I don't really see why L7B is not accepted, if I recall, Ghauri has similar speeds, especially if they scale. And because Ghauri physically rams into his opponents, I don't see why it's an issue

I don't really see why L7B is not accepted, if I recall, Ghauri has similar speeds, especially if they scale. And because Ghauri physically rams into his opponents, I don't see why it's an issue
Can you explain? As in the issue of this not being accepted, I kinda came out quite late on this thread.

If L-7B is somehow not accepted (seriously, why not?)... I guess we go back to 8-A Tenjian feat, which I feel like shouldn't be 8-A, at all, since it's also like, larger

I dunno why it's not accepted, Smashor said it was because Viper is now lightspeed it's invalid, which doesn't make sense to me

Well, accuracy is good, a downgrade can seem bad, but on the other hand it allows to keep stuff consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back