• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it freezing a city doesn't make it 8-A out of the sheer AoE without a calc, then again, and the new heat standards for AP may turn this unusable too IIRC.

I'm sure we can find something above 8-A if we look hard enough. I excluding buildings, walls, etc... because they're hard to calc.

I beleive we were talking about calculating one of Copen's attacks at one point, one that was going to destroy a Sumeragi airship? Heatblazer or something like that? Considering Copen was trying to prevent the city from being damaged, so the feat would need to be at least Violent Fragmentation to accomplish that.

Gone, reduced to atoms.

I'll try and get the rule preventing it changed, but site-wide CRTs aren't allowed at the moment.

Basically, you can't get Mass-Energy conversions (What the feat was based off of) unless it's directly stated, even if the only logical way for something to happen is Mass-Energy conversion.

Last edited:
I would actually list the justifications of those here, having to search manually on the "revised" profile is too much.

Gunvolt soul manipulation

Copen resisting most septimal abilities and Milas Technology Manipulation

Tenjian Space/Time/Soulhax

Jota EE/Spacehax (Also Darkness Manipulation but nobody cares about that)

Viper being lightspeed (Note that the Gunvolt Wiki's translations are typically very reliable, something Smashtwig can vouch for. I'll paste it into a blog or something if anyone's worried about stray edits)

My versions of the revised profiles have the added abilities, but Smashtwig's sandbox better organizes the profiles. I'd add the abilities to the sandboxes, but I can't actually find them ATM.

Also I think I'm missing the scan of Azure Strikers having molecular manipulation or something.

I don't recall about molecular manipulation, unless you refer to specifically controlling electrons.

Did we ever consider Tenjian's Seven Slashes and Frigid Blossom?

Last edited:
Wokistan is correct. Automatically assuming energy to matter conversion is explicitly against our rules, and cannot be used. Thank you for helping out.

Last edited:
Just so you know Ant, the character who did it's only power is Electricity Manipulation and other things he can do with that. Demerzel is quite literally a battery for the holographs with mass' creation. Gunvolt technology is barely at the level of AI with emotions, so I doubt they could create technology that makes something from nothing, meaning the only logical conclusion is that Demerzel used his energy to create the mass. I should fully disclose that magic does exist in the Gunvolt verse (Glaives and Grimores use it), and Sumeragi's glaives were made using swords from various myths. However, it goes entirely unmentioned in Luminous Avenger iX to my knowledge (Falcon Quills instead use The Butterfly Effect to empower Adepts), and has likely been all but phased out.

However, I agree that the rules as they are now mean Mass-Energy conversion cannot be used. I likely will propose a change to the rule once site-wide CRTs are allowed again, as a statement shouldn't be required if the only logical conclusion is Mass-Energy conversion. However, it should definitely still be extremely strict, given how powerful it is.

On a side note, we probably can get Gunvolt out of tier 8 with Lightning Math. I know someone did some, but they became outdated immediately. However, we could probably make calculations with the new standards.

Okay, just checked, heat-related feats can no longer be used for AP, so the cast may end up going even lower than 8-A.
What's the next best feat?

It's the creation of ice that's the feat, not the actual temperature change.

Also, we still have lightning math if we can find someone willing and able to calc it.

Yes, and that creation is clearly based on a temperature change, so it's not usable with the current standards anymore.

8-C is the absolute lowest we can go due to Nova's size. I'm sure we can figure something out. I'm sure we can prevent this verse from being great value JoJo's.

deep breathWHY IS EVERY CALCULATION IN THE SERIES BEING INVALIDATED ALL AT ONCE WHATTHEAZURESTRIKINGF U C K

AP nerfs don't mean Gunvolt isn't the best counter in fiction against other electricity users now.

8-C is the absolute lowest we can go due to Nova's size. I'm sure we can figure something out. I'm sure we can prevent this verse from being great value JoJo's.

deep breathWHY IS EVERY CALCULATION IN THE SERIES BEING INVALIDATED ALL AT ONCE WHATTHEAZURESTRIKINGF U C K
Unironically being obsessive over a how high you want your verse oofs you so hard in debates as a reliable authority.

Trust me, I know that by experience.

@Bob

Gunvolt can absorb electricity and ignores electricity resistance. If Gunvolt got to be High 7-A he'd definitely beat Cole (Although Luffy's particular brand of resistance would still beat Gunvolt).

@New

I mean, I'm not being obsessive. But it's hard to not be at least a little upset when literally every calc in an entire franchise is invalidated at the same time. Most of that was for comedy anyways.

Yes, and that creation is clearly based on a temperature change, so it's not usable with the current standards anymore.
I don't think we actually ever finished the heat feat standards thread, so I would rather say that those feats are currently in a gray zone until we actually apply the standard.

So now heat doesn't exist anymore either? That basically annihilates a lot of feats on this site geez, still, I don't think it'll go that bad

At ABSOLUTE worst, I calculated the attack power of an EATR rifle shot. The scans show that it moves at 7 km/s. Considering a sniper rifle bullet being 700 grams or so, idk, that gives us 0.004~ tons of TNT, which is nearly 9-A, and I can guarentee that we at least have building level considering every single tank ever looks nothing like the ones in GVerse, so it'd... have to to be at LEAST 8-C

I suppose we can put all of our feats, invalidated or not, into the verse page in a separate section

Invalidated feats shouldn't be featured, at most they would get their own section that explicitly details that they aren't usable.

I dunno, we just should put them somewhere in case for some reason they can be validated again, pointing to Ghauri and Tenjian's feats

Also, while I do think that Viper could and should invalidate the L7B, he's also one of the faster Adepts around. I sort of refuse to believe in a way that Ghauri is light speed if a motorcycle can move as fast as him, while the riders (Nori in particular) are just unfazed as normal humans

But at the same time, without a doubt, Ghauri is definitely one of the faster Adepts out there, maybe Viper has light speed reactions like GV has when he fights against Jota?

Jota said Viper was outright moving at the speed of light. To quote: "What! That man, he’s fast as light!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back