• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Requested by Veloxt1r0kore, and supported by Matt and Ever.

Now i have seen messy profiles here, and the wiki is practically screwed. Since i know about Date A Live AND Guilty Gear, i'm gonna make this thread.

Let's begin:

Scalings
So, i have knew that Slayer is 4-B due to his Instant Kill, which Ever confirmed to me to be cannon. So by that means, let's get to the main topic.

Why is Sol High 4-C? I have watched and played all of the story modes in Guilty Gear X #Reload, and Slayer holds back against everyone except for the likes of Sol Badguy and Dizzy. Proof? If you played Dizzy's Story Mode, Each 3 of her story paths included her fighting Slayer, and she was holding back due to her personality where she doesn't want to be involved in fights. After the fight against her and Slayer, Slayer begged her to stop, telling her that he gave up, and from his voice he sounded so beaten up, which literally means that he wasn't holding back against her.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsI2Gvqv8k

Also for your own information, Sol was the one who casually fought Dizzy in her second path of Story, and he didn't see her posing a threat. Note that at this time, Dizzy was bloodlusted due to Necro possessing her and her losing control of her powers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKUydkpciI

In addition, in Sol's second story path, Slayer was not holding back against him, while Sol was, all because he wanted information about the Postwar Administration Bureau. The first and second story path is confirmed to be the correct one as in Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Sol pursues I-NO to hunt her down. As well as pursuing the Post-War Adminstration Bureau as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GPOXW4pRCfQ

What i can conclude from all of this is that a casual Sol should be 4-B, and the rest of the characters should be 4-B. Slayer doesn't scale to Sol at all, since he lost to Dizzy, who didn't even pose a threat to Sol. In fact, to a casual Sol, A bloodlusted Dizzy and a serious Slayer are mere fodder.

It goes like this:

Casual Sol > Dizzy > Slayer

Justice
Now i don't know if you guys have noticed this or not, but i did.

Just take a look here:

http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Justice

In Guilty Gear XX, which tells us about That Man retelling Justice past with the Holy Order, Justice casually defeated Kliff, Ky and even a casual Sol. Only getting defeated by Sol when he became serious in Guilty Gear. Hell, in Guilty Gear XX, what was the thing that made Justice sealed was being distracted after knowing that Sol is a Gear that was made before her and she couldn't control him. However, in Guilty Gear, Sol faced against Justice when she was ressurrected by Testament. This time, Sol was serious on defeating Justice, and Justice wasn't even giving her all.

In her Background section in her wiki page, Justice was about to use the Information Flares to cause the reality (or the universe in short) to slowly assimilate into the Backyard until Asuka regrettably overrode Justice's control systems and forced to fire the Gamma Ray at Japan to cease this at once, but at the cost of most of Japan being obliterated.

What needs to be done to Justice is rather simple:

The calc made by LinaShields stats that Justice blew away a Galaxy Cluster. Some people considered it an outlier, but with the explaination from above, and the fact that she defeated three solar system threats, i guess this calc is acceptable, considering that fact that Sol also defeated her after she done said feat.

So, Justice should have 2 keys:

4-A (Destroyed most of the galaxy with one of her attacks [LinaShields' calc], casually defeated the combined efforts of Ky, Kliff and a casual Sol Badguy) | 3-A (Her usage of the Information Flares was going to cause the the reality itself to slowly assimilate into the Backyard, effectively fusing it with the universe)

About the Backyard
Now, to confirm my theory about 3-A GG, i'm gonna explain what is the Backyard:

Backyard:—An encapsulating term that refers to the source of Limitless energy known as Magic. It is the codex or source of transferred information that comprises the world as physical manifested data, in other words it is the source of what makes the real world exist. The world itself is said to be a virtual space, resulted from the information conveyed from the Backyard. Upon entry to the Backyard, the extremely restricted data pressure is immense and anyone who enters must be "tuned" to the frequency the Backyard emits in order not to be crushed by the dense information contained within it. That Man is known to have kept and constructed the Cube within this location.

Another explaination of the Backyard:

A higher-order world that defines the laws of the "real" world. Sol explains it as a world that can rewrite the laws of ours however it wants. The existence of the Backyard was first speculated in the 21st century, and was part of the system that defined the five main elements of magic.

Normal people cannot enter the Backyard -- the density of the information there will crush them both physically and metaphorically. That Man has developed a method that allows humans to remain in the Backyard, and it is that method that allows Sol, Dr. Paradigm, and Izuna to travel there.

In the core of the Backyard is an isolated region called the Cube, which was created by That Man, and which allows him to exert his will on the world. A key is required to enter it -- a key which turns out to be the Gear cells of either the Maiden of the Grove or her son, Sin. The door, however, was destroyed by Sol in Guilty Gear 2.

What proves this further are the following links:

http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Backyard

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/730577-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-/73223854

The two links from above describes the Backyard as the Akashic Records of the entire Guilty Gear Universe, so that's 3-A, if not Low 2-C.

What needs to be done (The Summary)
All of the characters should be 4-B (Via powerscaling to a casual Sol)

Justice should be:

4-A | 3-A

Key: Casual | Full Power (For the reasons i stated from above about Justice and the Backyard)

Sol should be:

4-B (Casually defeated a serious Slayer) | 4-A (Defeated Justice, who can do this [LinaShields' calc] | 3-A (Can produce the Information Flares, which can threaten to fuse the entire universe with the Backyard)

Key: Casual | Serious | Full Power

Ky should be:

4-A (Stated by Leo to be stronger than him. Has fought with Sol multiple times and easily defeated him), potentially 3-A (Sol stated that he would need his Full Power to defeat him)

Asuka R. Kreuz (That Man) should be:

4-A (Casually defeated a serious Sol Badguy), potentially 3-A (Even when Sol entered his Full Power Mode, Asuka managed to put a fight against him and defeat him as well)

Gabriel should be:

4-A (Superior to Bedman and crippled him casually)

I guess that's it.

Waiting for replies

But it doesn't deny the fact that this feat happened.

This calc should be accepted, outdated or not.

"Why is Sol High 4-C?"

Sol literally overpowered the mass-energy conversion of a Black Hole's schwarchild radius. The game literally uses those words. If nothing else, Sol is the most blatant High 4-C in fiction.

Regarding the upgrades if these were supported by Matt and Ever, then I think they're fine. I double check all this in a moment.

Agree with Dragon on High 4-C Sol, it's stated in game that Sol would need the 4-B form to fight Slayer and That Man. The 4-A calc is outdated and we don't know if the Guilty Gear universe has many many solar systems, lastly Justice was planning to merge with the universe, but was stopped.

Both Everlasting and I disagree heavily with this.

I'm positive that the Justice calc has a lot of context missing, and was accepted neither here nor at the OBD. Justice never destroyed a Galaxy Cluster. She was stated to contain more Information density than a galaxy cluster, whatever that means.

And she never destroyed most of a galaxy in one shot, ever. She leaps into another galaxy and then drop-kicks, but that attack never destroys anything but her opponent. Also at least try to link the calc, because I can't find it anywhere.

Ever and I are very uncertain about the 3-A stuff and we think there's a lot of context missing. If anything at most the Backyard is 3-A but no one would scale to it. No character ever obtains full control over the Backyard, or wields its power in combat against other characters.

Question, is the leap to another Galaxy used as the MFTL+ speed ratings? It's been awhile since I looked at anything Guilty Gear.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Question, is the leap to another Galaxy used as the MFTL+ speed ratings? It's been awhile since I looked at anything Guilty Gear.
Yes, it's from a mid-tier character who's best destruction feat is Moon level.

So how about this?

God Tiers: High 4-C to 4-B. Sol, Slayer, Justice, Asuka (That Man), Gabriel, Ariels, maybe Bedman (He did force Sol and Slayer to get serious iirc).

Everyone else: 5-C. Due to Jack-O's feat.

Everyone: MFTL+ via Jack-O's feat.

Ky was stated by Leo to be stronger than him. Clashed with Sol numerous times in the past and easily defeated him when serious, Sol also said that he would need all of his power to properly fight him, Dizzy and Sin should be considered as strong characters.

Ramlethal is a final boss while Elphelt and Jack-O are vital elements for the resurrection of Justice.

A.B.A pressured Slayer and Valentine fought with a serious Sol. Kliff stalemated Justice.

God Tiers:

• Sol
  • Slayer
  • Asuka
  • Justice
  • Ky
  • Gabriel
  • Ariels
Possible God Tiers:

• Ramlethal
  • Elphent
  • Kliff
  • Valentine
  • A.B.A (Moroha Mode)
  • Sin
  • I-No
  • Dizzy
  • Bedman

Yeah, they do have "Possibly Universe level" on his file there. Although it depends on what we decide here.

And even so, Sol was holding back with a serious Slayer, who generated 31.372 KiloFoe with his Instant Kill alone, and Slayer implied that he wasn't holding back, and that Sol was leagues above him even when not giving it all, so Sol and those who scale to him should be 4-B.

In addition, even if the calc is outdated, Justice is still 4-A due to defeating Ky, Kliff and a casual Sol all by herself, and she wasn't at full power even at this point. Sol only defeated her when he became serious.

That isn't a 4-A feat. That's 4-B.

I literally talked to OBD people right now and they don't consider nothing in Guilty Gear to be universal. Their wiki profiles are outdated.

How about we discuss the possible other God Tiers for now. Nothing is 4-A or 3-A. Now we just need to worry about those who scale to High 4-C and 4-B for now. That way we can then worry about those who get downgraded to 5-C or High 7-A.

The ODB likely throught that Asuka controlling the backward = comparable to it when is not the same, Justice never became 3-A, but she tried so.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm making a thread about Fighting Game scaling in general.
Street Fighter is problematic since everyone does not scale to Chun Li despite Birdie hitting her, like SFV story mode Mortal Kombat has the crappy everyone scale to each other logic in the story modes, which have issues. Tekken is fine since a made a blog about and i think i did a good job with the scaling since i know 100% about the series, so if you have issues you can ask me. But i'm derailing, so let's focus on Guilty Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back