• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardian of the Master Emerald vs. The Protector of the Universe (COMPLETE; 0-8-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd vote for Marvell. Fights in Sonic games tend to be fairly basic, so the skill to develop tactics around people with wildly different tactics and powersets isn't really a thing they have. Mar-vell on the other hand (presumably) fought a variety of different guys in his career and garnered a lot of versatile experience from there.

Voting Mar-Vell

More intelligent and skilled than this version of Knux, better Lifting Strength (Class T vs 10), and slightly better versatility (without Power-ups all this Knux can do is punch).

Fights in Sonic games are not basic what? Sonic characters can fight the most varied cast of people through the years, and games like Battle and Fighters debunk they fighting "simply", even if the other might be more skilled

Should I give back Knuckles his power ups to make this fairer or it's fair as is? :v

Fights in Sonic games are not basic what? Sonic characters can fight the most varied cast of people through the years, and games like Battle and Fighters debunk they fighting "simply", even if the other might be more skilled
Can you provide a clip example of the fight complexity :v

I would not bring up sonic battle and sonic fighters if you're trying to say their fights aren't basic cause uh

they definitely are, especially in that game

I was going to say that I feel like Knuckles should win, but when I looked at the profile, I noticed most of his powers on the classic tab comes from his power ups. Without 'em, I mean... He does seem actually the one that can pull more different moves compared to Mar Vell, but aside from that, he has barely anything to providde an advantage over what Mar Vell does.

Notice that Mar Vell does not even have that big of an advantage, which is why I think Knucks with his power-ups can solidly win, but with the stuff like analytical prediction that would allow close-range dominance and some other skills displayed on the profile, plus a very likely LS advantage, yeah, I can't see our boy Knuckles doing much...

Also, I heavily disagree with the "basic" stuff said here. I can agree that their hand-to-hand and melee tactics aren't very high-level, but their battlefield tactics are pretty good.

Meh, the reason why I'm not doing power-ups is because Captain Marvel would feel more pressured to use his ""Self-Destruction"" which basically just means "I survive somewhat but you don't"

And I think that's BS on both ends, if Mar-Vell isn't being considerably overpowered he wouldn't use it

Meh, the reason why I'm not doing power-ups is because Captain Marvel would feel more pressured to use his ""Self-Destruction"" which basically just means "I survive somewhat but you don't"

And I think that's BS on both ends, if Mar-Vell isn't being considerably overpowered he wouldn't use it
Oh, no worries, that's understanble.

it's mar vell's fault for not fighting like a HONOURED WARRIOR

I would not bring up sonic battle and sonic fighters if you're trying to say their fights aren't basic cause uh
Getting how basic or complicated their fights are from a pure gameplay standpoint isn't it, chief. Not when Emerl is stated to have the collective experience of 4000 years of straight combat alongside the copied experiences and skillsets from every member of the cast.

Regardless, this is Classic Knuckles. So Mar-Vell FRA.

Almost... every game? They fight multiple different machines and foes through their entire history, Knuckles is consistently stated to be a martial artist master as well
Provide an example of martial arts mastery :v

Like, being a "Martials Arts Master" is impressive in contrast to statementless people, but you should show the example of the most impressive combat feat when both characters have statements + feats, otherwise you're not properly illustrating your point.

TL;DR both hab shit, prove who hab better shit, via scan

But I am not arguing that Classic Knuckles is more skilled? I agree that the marvel dude is more skilled and wins this, I am arguing against the claim that "Sonic fights are basic", because they aren't, and people in this thread showed examples of it

Links of what? Every boss fight and every single different enemy Sonic has fought?

Like, it's literally on his goddamm page, right at the inteligence section, paragraphs with various links, the same to Knuckles, just not as explained

Links of what? Every boss fight and every single different enemy Sonic has fought?
Are you purposely forgetting every other conversation we have before to play dumb? I am asking for basic examples, I don't see what's tough to comprehend here, dude.
Like, it's literally on his goddamm page, right at the inteligence section, paragraphs with various links, the same to Knuckles, just not as explained
You mean the single scan on Knuckles' section claiming he's a "martial artist" and providing no scan further? And the complete lack of scans on Sonic's section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back