• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez vs Lancer (Fate/stay night)

Two words

Gae Bolg

He has no defense against it and doesn't have a way to deal with it unless he BFRs early enough

Gae Bolg was mentioned to be negated if one had a massive defense, and i think Grimmjow's Hierro can handle this.

And yes, Grimmjow can use BFR normally, Considering the fact that he used it with Ulquiorra during their fight, so yeah.

Well Gae Bolg can be countered by high enough luck IIRC, however Grimm boy isn't exactly what I call "Lucky." Hierro isn't saving him.

I see.

So i take it that your vote is for Lancer?

Even if we forgot about the fact that Grimmjow can fly and has ranged attacks?

And the fact that Lancer has like none?

Well the thing his Grimm typically underestimates his enemies and is extremely cocky. That's very bad for him here.

However Grimm probably has the AP advantage and if he takes this seriously he could probably win given the right circumstances. However Cu wins more often than not here.

Well he can use ranged attacks against Lancer to catch him off guard. Also Grimm can take opponents seriously, as seen in his second battle with Ichigo.

Ranged attacks are basically useless against Lancer's rune barriers and protection from arrows. Grimmjow needs a shield or something like that with magical energy that can overwhelm the Anti-Unti Gáe Bolg but he doesn't have that so Lancer uses Gae Bolg and calls it a day.

grimmjow has versatility with flying and long range attacks, but those wouldnt be enough to take lancer down, he would need to get close to finish it and Gae Bolg would make sure lancer would win, if speed was unlocked grimmjow as i believe is much faster, equalized lancer wins.

Gae Bolg for the win. Gáe Bolg: Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death, doesn't require a heart I believe. It's just a seeking spear of death. PfA, Runes, Magic Resistance, and Battle Continuation makes Cu a cockroach to kill. Vote for Cu.

Rans─ü for the above reasons.

Although Grimmjow has superior stats, Lancer boosting his stats and the power of his Noble Phantasms should help him compensate for the disadvantage in offensive power, and healing + Battle Continuation should help in the defensive area.

honestly unless grim can even provoke Lancer to do (insult his warrior pride) his ultimate attack instead which he can very well miss and leaves his mana down IC lancer would normally use his OHK move so yeah...cu FRA

Back