• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gremmy's meteorite calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if each of those buildings were the size of a skyscraper, it would still be a large city as well ^

Piercer of Heaven said:
@Dariel Senju

And the high end makes the most sense because it actually fits in with everything we know about Seireitei.

The fact I could calculate it to be almost 3000 m means it can be scaled to be almost 3000 m.

Yeah, let's disregard key information in favour of low end results that are contradicted by higher end results which are supported by said key information.
No, not because the result fits with a few references and vague mentions is going to use an inconsistent result, that does not make sense.

I'm going to be clear, I do not plan to spend the rest of the month debating with the other Bleach fan users who seek to raise the overall level of the verse.

I have no problem with the Seireitei having millions, billions, trillions of kilometers in diameter or whatever, that the houses there have the height of a mountain and the length of a small island, after all it is a manga and fiction and he takes certain artistic licenses and everything can be. But now the manga itself plays against them, and that is that as much as they want things are not as you expect, what they are literally asking us is an act of faith as "believe in us, the Seireitei has the gigantic size we say, you never see that it is like that, we can't proof that it is like that, the calculations refute that it is like that ... but it is like that because unclear mentions I have incoherent say it".

Unfortunately I'm not going to believe those mentions with blind faith and I'll agree only because some users say so. There is no humanly possible way to prove that the Seireitei has the gigantic size that they want to see. So either we go by the concise or by faith. Anyway, later I'll leave the rest of the results that I got, look in almost all the Shinigami Arc to perform the calculation and chose the most consistent result.

@Dariel Senju And I can say that you only intend to lower the overall level of the verse, seeing as you are a fan of Naruto.

Simply empty words that mean nothing^

I think its been well established that Kubo's visuals are far from consistent. To be blunt, the guy cannot scale for shit for whatever reason. So, using that as an argument in the first place, is illogical. The fact we somehow have visuals that fit in with the context should really and truly end any debates here.

Nothing is vague about it.

The sizes you suggest are contradicted by the information we have.

The sizes I suggest aren't contradicted by the information we have.

We're both pixel scaling.

Both are inconsistent with each other.

It's as simple as that

You speak as if we're using the 10 days statement and etc, when it's clear nobody is going to accept them, for whatever reason.

Not at all my point. In that picture you see the entire Seireitei and you can see individual one-story houses. If Seireitei was anywhere near the size you suggest it is, you wouldn't see them. Even skyscrappers would be invisible.

Yes, the Kubo designs aren't nearly as inconsistent as the fans say they are. They consistently show Seireitei as a city. The "It's inconsistent" fallacy is used to dismiss all visual evidence, and, frankly, wank the size so that Gremmy's meteor is more impressive.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
@Dragon Explain how that comment was rude behavior first, second people are derailing this thread with pointless things.
Your comment adds nothing to the discussion, shows no evidence to support your point, no counter-points to debunk others' argument, and just dismisses all contrary arguments to your own opinion as being dumb, saying that the "experts" should do the talking. Experts in this context meaning people who think Seireitei is the size of a country.

This thread seems to be getting out of control, despite my intentions othervise. Perhaps we should restart it as a staff thread, in which only the calc group members, DontTalk and Executor N0 are allowed to respond?

Bepo4151 said:
Matt you know that Kubo doesn't do calculation when he draws right.
You know that no author does that, right? Stop being fallacious to excuse using an objectively wrong statement in favor of all the visuals.

Calcs, pixel-scaling and feats > Statements. That's how it is with everything.

The visuals and the math show that Seireitei is not as large as you insist it is.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
@Dragon Explain how that comment was rude behavior first, second people are derailing this thread with pointless things.
"All of you should just stop and let the real experts talk."

Not rude at all huh? Common sense would tell you how that can be interpreted as rude.

Secondly, define derailing. What's pointless? You can't just say such a thing without explaining why.

What should be done is unarguable. The characters should be downgraded as the Statements and the supposed size of Seireitei is demonstrably and quantifiably wrong, through consistent visuals and calculations.

Done.

There is literally nothing which supports the opposite.

Piercer of Heaven said:
@Dariel Senju
And I can say that you only intend to lower the overall level of the verse, seeing as you are a fan of Naruto.
And you literally lost all credibility when you said I did it because I was a Naruto fan. What's that got to do with it? I'm also a fan of Bleach, One Punch Man, Dragon Ball, etc. You really have feelings involved in this Piercer, they are dominating you.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Not at all my point. In that picture you see the entire Seireitei and you can see individual one-story houses. If Seireitei was anywhere near the size you suggest it is, you wouldn't see them. Even skyscrappers would be invisible.
Can you see through walls? lol

Matthew Schroeder said:
Bepo4151 said:
Matt you know that Kubo doesn't do calculation when he draws right.
You know that no author does that, right? Stop being fallacious to excuse using an objectively wrong statement in favor of all the visuals.
Calcs, pixel-scaling and feats > Statements. That's how it is with everything.

The visuals and the math show that Seireitei is not as large as you insist it is.

Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro would have a word with you sir.

Everything needs to stop with this fallacy of "Lol, you are a fan of this Verse / You don't like Bleach". That proves absolutely nothing. It is an attempt to poison the well and divert the discussion from meaningful arguments. And it speaks of an inability to objectively prove a point.

Also, to further re-state my point:

In Thor Ragnarok, they repeatedly and constantly state that Asgard is a planet. Like, they say it 10 times. Going by that, one could say that Asgard has a diameter of 12,742 km and use it to calc Surtur at Large Planet level.

HOWEVER... These statements completely fall apart and crumble into dust once you look at the actual visual evidence:

Destroying Asgard2
This is not a Planet. You can literally see Odin's palace there, and individual towers and mountains. It is barely larger than a city.

AppleLord said:
You don't need to. You can see one-story houses in both images of the full Seireitei. It's a city. In those images, it's not even a particularly large city.

@Matthew Don't delude yourself into thinking you're untouchable because you are mod of a wiki about fictional characters. In your opinion, since I happen to like Bleach I think everyone arguing for a downgrade is wrong or dumb, in fact when did I say that in the first place? Are you a calc memrber ? No, you aren't. Are you knowledgeable on the series? No, you aren't.

Simply put, don't be a hypocrite in treating like shit random people while asking for respect.

Matthew Schroeder said:
AppleLord said:
You don't need to. You can see one-story houses in both images of the full Seireitei. It's a city. In those images, it's not even a particularly large city.
The first image was reckon, so you can't use that. The second image I can't see anything that says they are one, two, or three story high by the wall in front of them. Again, can you see through walls?

Piercer of Heaven said:
@Dariel Senju
Except if you actually read my comment, right under I stated:

"Simply empty words that mean nothing^"

Don't quote me out of context.
A simple excuse, it is obvious that is what you think friend and assume that is the role behind my calculations of Bleach lol, as I said the feelings are dominating you.

Hypocrite? Deluded? Untouchable? Look at what you are saying. You are being clouded by your anger and ignoring arguments in favor of personal attacks.

Please, address the arguments of others. Bring up evidence. Don't waste everyone's times with posts like these.

"Don't delude yourself into thinking you're untouchable because you are mod of a wiki about fictional characters."

He never said that. Also you're simply throwing ad hominem's around without arguing yourself.

" In your opinion, since I happen to like Bleach I think everyone arguing for a downgrade is wrong or dumb"

Yet you have argued nothing. You've only talked shit and done nothing to support it. Where's your argument?

" in fact when did I say that in the first place? Are you a calc memrber ? No, you aren't. Are you knowledgeable on the series? No, you aren't."

Except you don't have to be knowledgeable of a series to actually evaluate feats and calcs.

"Simply put, don't be a hypocrite in treating like shit random people while asking for respect."

This coming from you is hilarious.

@Dariel Senju What I wrote is clearly there but you can go ahead and make that assumption, I cba to give anymore ***** about your opinion.

This threads has a purpose, although, seemingly lost. Please don't derail it any further with bs like that.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
@Dragon cuz you know everyone is arguing about the size of the seiretei when the point of this post is to evaluate the calculatio
And this is important to this calc's evaluation. Based upon everything here, the size of the Seiretei is actually important when it comes to results.

This thread has become rather heated. A mod should probably do something.

Wish Gwyen was still around.

Piercer of Heaven said:
@Dariel Senju What I wrote is clearly there but you can go ahead and make that assumption, I cba to give anymore ***** about your opinion.
This threads has a purpose, although, seemingly lost. Please don't derail it any further with bs like that.
I'm not going to do it, I'm sure that if those were really just empty words that mean nothing, a person intelligent as you would have realized that it was not necessary to say them knowing that they would only put weeds inside the thread. Therefore it is impossible to believe that you said just to say, it is obvious what you were looking for by pulling that pebble friend, but let's leave it there, we go to the concrete to the calculations that can prove things.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Again, you don't need to see through walls when the houses on top of the hill clearly are one-story tall. And even if they were the size of skyscrappers that doesn't support your argument.
Here is Seireitei from a distance. It's not the size of a country.
So you have no evidence that supports the structures are one-story houses? Got it.

Base on?

Since this thread is growing hostile and out of control, I have started a new one here instead:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1279813

Only calc group members, DontTalkDT, and Executor N0 are allowed to reply, as they actually know mathematics, and can more easily attempt to find a solution.

I still don't get why you don't use movie Fade to Black statement of Ukitake. Do you think he is lying about Seiretei's size or something ?

I can understand if you don't use movie powerscaling as it is non-canon. But it is just the size of an area. Why should Kubo change its size ?

@Dariel Senju

What I stated or wrote was in response to this:

"I'm going to be clear, I do not plan to spend the rest of the month debating with the other Bleach fan users who seek to raise the overall level of the verse."

To show you, that your words have no substance. Anyone can say things like that, it means nothing.

Anyways, even if we were to use your stand height, the meteor isn't going to be as small as you're suggesting.

Scaling from Silbern makes Seireitei even tinier than the lowest end Sokyoku Hill scaling. It's not consistent, at all. Thus, scaling from Sokyoku Hill as usual, makes the most sense.

Which I have done^

Your problem is using the high end stand height. What reason is there to use the lower end stand heights when they contradict shit we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back