• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Greek God vs Norse God...why has this not been done yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they both seem to be pretty versatile, but Zeus just needs to touch him and he dies due tot hat durability, so, I think Zeus has some advantages here.

Odin being a Glass Cannon doesn't seem to make much sense, considering the profile states he fought evenly with Fenrir, who is also scaled to his 4-B stats

so... why does his 4-B stats are scaled only to his Attack Potency, but not to his durability? ._.

I've been researching this fight for awhile now and coming to a conclusion is pretty difficult I must say...tbqh I actually have no idea

Zeus has greater physical power but odin has argubly more expirence and versatility.

I'm not gonna say its inconclusive but its definetly a match made in the heavens (pun intended)

This is a mad back and forth withboth nullifying both's Transmutation and Fate hax canceling each other out. Zeus has higher AP and durability but Odin has more versatility though i do feel that this is because Zeus' page is quite lacking

I'm not seeing how Zeus doesn't win this handily. Despite the durability negating spear, Zeus' overall stat advantage should allow him to take care of the All-Father.

I vote for Odin as well because of his greater intellect, experience, and versatility. He possesses Durabilty Negation with Gungnir, as HeadlessKramer stated above, and Gungnir. Never. Misses.

Have I stated Odin sees all things, present, past, future, and beyond?

I would say Odin, since he seems to be smarter than Zeus. He also has plenty of powers that can worsen it for Zeus over time, which he would easily be able to do both due to his wisdom as well as stamina.

Ok, I've never understood why people above are saying Odin via intelligence? How is that going to help him in this fight, especially against a god who in Greek mythology is I known as the God of order, law and justice.

Zeus's sexual escapades aside, he too is well known for his wisdom and strength, as well as being a master strategist in battle. He was able to rally his brethren against the titans, successfully defeated Typhon, and was able to stand against the gigantes.

I'm not saying Odin doesn't have equally great fears, I'm aware of what he's done to get knowledge, but people aren't considering Zeus's own plethora of intelligence.

Thatoneguy78 said:
You know that Odin's intelligence is rated at Nigh-Omniscient right?
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I guess this mostly a rant on the lack of an intelligence on Zeus's page.

EDIT* Plus yeah, I only looked afterwards, lol.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I guess this mostly a rant on the lack of an intelligence on Zeus's page.

EDIT* Plus yeah, I only looked afterwards, lol.

If my memory serves correctly, Zeus was deceived by the mortal king Lycaon, among other instances I can name. In sharp contrast, I don't remember a single time Odin even came close to being outsmarted or tricked, unless we're counting Loki, though I don't think that even matters now that I think about it. That means either Zeus has a major issue on underestimating opponents (which can easily prove his downfall) or accounts on his intelligence are... exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a very wise god indeed, but certainly not to the level of Athena, the actual goddess of wisdom and war. And wouldn't you know it, Odin is also a god of wisdom and war, but juiced up. It's clear that you know that Odin is Nigh-Omniscient, but I don't think Zeus is that level.

Oh yeah, Zeus isn't anywhere close to nigh-omniscient, he's not beating Odin in a battle of wits.

Although I do still stand by that he'll win in a battle of....battles.

Odin via nigh-omniscience, anti-dodge spear and durability negation. It's like he's built precisely to nope physically superior beings.

Actually why exactly is Odin Nigh Omniscient? From what I see it's more his Ravens that give him such sight and in mythology he's genuinely afraid of what happens if they vanish

Well, I would choose Zeus since unlike Odin... He managed to defeat all oposition including his father and Typhon while Odin with his Nigh-Omniscience was killed by Fenrir and as far as I remember Fenrir killed him in one hit in myths which demoralized Aesir. So Zeus is still better combatant and more experienced.

Yamatohime said:
Well, I would choose Zeus since unlike Odin... He managed to defeat all oposition including his father and Typhon while Odin with his Nigh-Omniscience was killed by Fenrir and as far as I remember Fenrir killed him in one hit in myths which demoralized Aesir. So Zeus is still better combatant and more experienced.
The battle's done, it's considered a tie (I think? I dunno, who will shut this thread down?). But if not then you're clearly underestimating Fenrir.

Leaning towards Odin due to the fact that Seidr grants Odin a variety of ways of countering Zeus' offence. Weather manipulation would serve to nullify Zeus' lighting based powers and others dull weapons should Zeus resort to using a sword. The runes can also give Odin a stat boost in times of great need, thereby helping to nullify the gap in physical power.

Add to that Odin's much greater intelligence and wisdom, arguably comparable if not greater experience, plus the one hit kill with Gungnir and he should take this.

For those that want to argue Odin's incapability to defeat Fenrir, the only reason why he lost that is because he was fated to lose that. The concept of fate is extremely prevalent in both Greek and Norse mythology. Even Zeus was shown to be vunerable to fate itself; the proof of this lies in the lesser known Greek god Moros. Moros is the god of doom and the personification of destiny. Zeus cannot kill Moros because even if he were to kill Moros, Zeus would still be tied to destiny, which means that Moros would still live

https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/gods/moros/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back