• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gravity Falls upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This has been something I've been meaning to make sense Weirdmageddeon aired, but I kept forgetting until LeopoldTheBrave did "Steven Universe vs Dipper Pines" on his channel, so kudos to him. Here are a few feats that I think can elevate the series to higher tiers.

Gideon tanks an explosio
Near the end of S01E20 "Gideon Rises", Gideon is at the epicenter at a huge explosion. Here's a screencap of the explosion in questio. And here's Gideon after it, as you can see, he's pretty much fine. Just from glancing at the explosion, it looks to be at least Multi-City block, possibly verging at Small Town. Just moments prior to the explosion, Gideon and Dipper trading blows (screencap here), so it could scale to AP as well as durability.

Dipper tanks Bills Blast
No, I'm not trying to suggest that Dipper has Universal durability or anything. Anyway, in S02EP18 "Weirdmageddeon 1" Dipper and Ford get hit by one of Bill's blast. Its hard to screencap due to how quick it goes by, but here's a link to the episode, the feat starts at around 6:14. It looks about Small Building level to me.

Summary and scaling
The first feat looks like a solid MCB feat, while the second is a solid Small Building feat. Both feats (depending on which gets accepted) would scale to basically everyone.

Thoughts?

Wait, don't you mean that Gideon and Dipper have MCB, possibly Small Town level Dura?

Yeah, you may have a point aboit Dipper tanking/or surviving Bills laser blast beam. Just by looking it, it should be around Small Building level for me. *Nods*

Dipper, Gideon and I'd think it scale to other characters (Stan, Soos, Ford, Wendy, Mabel, which reminds me that they need profiles). It should also scale to a few characters AP too, like Wendy, Rumble, Maybe Stan/Ford? Since they were all able to seriously injure Dipper or Gideon with ease.

Wouldn't this be like an outlier since I don't think there's any other feat that's the same magnitude as this? Wouldn't it also make everyone in GF MCB to Small Town Durability via powerscaling alone?

Seems kinda wonky imo.

Yes. Considering that they have no remotely comparable Attack Potency feats, it would make all of the Gravity Falls characters unable to harm each other, if we upgraded their durabilities considerably. Hence, it is probably best to consider this as an outlier.

They have consistently been portrayed to be regular children who have human weaknesses. These two instances are most likely just massive cases of PIS and it is far from uncommon in fiction for characters to somehow survive things that absolutely should've killed them.

Another thing pointing to this being an outlier is Dipper was trembling in fear and getting overpowered by Rumble McSkirmish, GIFfany and the hoard of zombies. None of which have anywhere close to feats of this magnitude.

There is also what MarvelFanatic119 brought up about the ridiculous scaling this would lead to. Such as Town Level Wendy, Town Level Sheriff Blubs, etc.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing after my second comment.

These sound like massive outliers, especially with the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back