• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gravitational time dilation standards

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
I was on Discord and there was a discussion about gravitational time dilation. There are statements in Kingdom Hearts about worlds having different flows of time with there being one demonstration of that and someone said that we should assume that this is due to gravitational time dilation and that this would make more sense than them being separate pocket dimensions. The argument being that we already assume in many cases that real life physics apply when doing so doesn't inflate the results with relativity being a concept that is already being used on this wiki on different occasions.

I'm rather skeptic about that since that assumes that gravitational time dilation is what was on the mind of the characters with the statements about differing flows of time and those that wrote those statements into the game. There is also the fact that this seems like a pretty niche explanation to me since this is definitely one of the more complex aspects of physics that you wouldn't expect the vast majority of story writers to have in mind when writing a story. I have also never seen gravitational time dilation being something relevant or even brought up on this wiki.

Please post your own opinions to the topic down below. Preferably with explanations and elaborations for the reasons you have for your points of view.

Last edited:
We already don’t assume that worlds having different flows of time means they are separate space-times by default. If that’s the issue you have, there’s your answer.

What about assuming that mentions of different flows of time and the like being just related specifically to gravitational time dilation by default?

Well, the sheer inactivity shows that this is a complete niche topic and that hardly anyone wants to bother with the topic. That makes a lot of sense and is rather understandable.

Back