• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grandfather Spider vs Laharal

How potent is Grandfather Spider's life absorption? Since depending on that Larahal's healing magic, or items could help him dealing with that. As well does Grandfather Spider have a way to counter Larhal's de-buffs, or his statis effect spells like sleep, or silence?

His higher tier life-absorption spells are extremely effective and is powered by shadow (such as call of cthulu), and he is the manefestation of shadow so yeah

Yeah, even fodders in the verse can counter de-buffs with spells such as cleanse and remove buffs with spells like cleanse charm. As for sleep, I mean, sure, but it's arguable it wouldn't work on him since he's comparable to Bartleby to has a spell to put people to an etenral sleep.

even with that into consideration I think he has a much better chance of winning since he completly outhaxes.

Yeah unless Laharl can get silence off and disable his spellcasting right off the bat Laharal loses here, and considering how overconfident he normally is. In this circumstance I doubt he will start with it.

My vote is going to Grandfather Spider.

I suppose a weakness or maybe a strength of Spider is that he doesn't undermine his opponents and takes fights seriously, he told the player "the chances of defeating a supreme being such as I, are slim, but come, do your best". But then again he knew the player was the child of prophecy and was destined to beat him, and he considered Mellori complete fodder even though she could break some of his spells via statements.

Anyway, 2-0 for Spider

Back