• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Genjutsu won't work due to inorganic physiology.
Oh right.
Porygon-Z has Inorganic Physiology (Type 2)

Non-Living Beings: Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them. This type of character is typically immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and is also unaffected by many common forms of Mind Manipulation, since they neither have an organic brain to be manipulated nor have a non-physical consciousness. Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation.
Second of all, Porygon does indeed have power copying resistance on the profile, and Sasuke doesn't copy attacks in character
Oh, so it does. I misread.
Resistance to ghost type attacks, Power Mimicry (Porygon is copy-protected) and Sleep Manipulation

(I got confused, because Porygon2 has Trace, a form of Power Mimicry.)
He can reflect the Amaterasu,
Porygon-Z can Reflect the Amaterasu?
...."Can reflect Status Aliments".
Oh that refers to Magic Coat. It's a high-priority (Meaning in gameplay, it usually goes before other moves, similar to how Quick Attack does.) Status move that reflects Status Moves back at the user.
But I'm not sure Porygon-Z would realize Amaterasu is a "Status move", if it even registers as one, as opposed to an attack, like Fire Blast.
There is a status move that purely inflicts burn (Will-O'-Wisp) but that's a ghostly flame thing.

So unsure if this would work, if Porygon-Z realizes to use it.
and Porygon has passive fear manipulation that working even on normal Pokemon would work on Sasuke, making him immobilised and attack less, which is why I vote for Porygon
This comes from an IQ Skill, which, IIRC, were supposed to be removed from profiles due to being pretty much a Mystery Dungeon thing & MD being rather atypical.

Oh right.
Porygon-Z has Inorganic Physiology (Type 2)

Non-Living Beings: Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them. This type of character is typically immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and is also unaffected by many common forms of Mind Manipulation, since they neither have an organic brain to be manipulated nor have a non-physical consciousness. Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation.

Oh, so it does. I misread.
Resistance to ghost type attacks, Power Mimicry (Porygon is copy-protected) and Sleep Manipulation

(I got confused, because Porygon2 has Trace, a form of Power Mimicry.)

Porygon-Z can Reflect the Amaterasu?
...."Can reflect Status Aliments".
Oh that refers to Magic Coat. It's a high-priority (Meaning in gameplay, it usually goes before other moves, similar to how Quick Attack does.) Status move that reflects Status Moves back at the user.
But I'm not sure Porygon-Z would realize Amaterasu is a "Status move", if it even registers as one, as opposed to an attack, like Fire Blast.
There is a status move that purely inflicts burn (Will-O'-Wisp) but that's a ghostly flame thing.

So unsure if this would work, if Porygon-Z realizes to use it.

This comes from an IQ Skill, which, IIRC, were supposed to be removed from profiles due to being pretty much a Mystery Dungeon thing & MD being rather atypical.
I don't think Mystery Dungeon was accepted as non canon yet, I looked it up months back and its just people thinking it is, without a 100% confirmation

But I guess Amaterasu won't really be reflected and Sasuke stomps, so this thread can be closed because Porygon will get reduced to subatomic particles with 1 look

But I guess Amaterasu won't really be reflected and Sasuke stomps, so this thread can be closed because Porygon will get reduced to subatomic particles with 1 look
Stomped because....? AFAIK, Porygon-Z has win conditions.
Can Amaterasu continue to burn things that turn themselves into programming code or that already are made of just programming code? (Then again, would the burning persist if it did so?)
& isn't dodging Amaterasu a possibility?

With speed equal, its nearly impossible. Porygon wouldn't have time, the instant the fire touches it, Porygon gets reduced to vapor. Amaterasu can scorch all things on heaven and earth according to the databook

So in theory, Porygon could debilitate Sasuke at range with Tri Attack or Hyper Beam.... But it has to dodge Amaterasu or die (Assuming Magic Coat doesn't work.), & keep fighting.
& also if IQ Skills are accepted, it has Passive Fear Manipulation. (Among other abilities.)

The fear manipulation isn't enough to stop Sasuke from just spawning fire and vaporising Porygon unfortunately

The fear manipulation isn't enough to stop Sasuke from just spawning fire and vaporising Porygon unfortunately
It might give it more room to attack, & leverage its AP advantage; A fear-frozen opponent is less likely to dodge or attack, right? (Or maybe slip up.)
& that's assuming Sasuke doesn't stay with Susano'o, or go in for melee or use Chidori, right?

Last edited:
Susano'o will give an AP advantage, no idea how much. Chidori will cut through Porygon and its electricity should be less powerful than Porygon's since the paralysis effect of even the weakest electric moves lasts for pretty long

Fear manipulation will grant Porygon a lot more room to attack, yes. I'll stay neutral until someone comes in. ask around for votes

I mean in theory, Porygon-Z could heavily damage Sasuke, if it gets a hit in.
Chidori cutting Porygon-Z might not work. I mean, being programming data vs Electricity aside, Porygon-Z can use Conversion 2 to become a type that's Resistant or Immune to Chidori. (Ex: Electric itself, or Ground, Dragon, or Grass.)
How much stronger than Sasuke is Chidori?
At roughly 3.181 to Sasuke's 2.65 Gigatons, Porygon-Z is the slightly more durable of the two.

& if it does survive, it can heal with Recover, & it'll still have an offensive boost from Download, maybe from Analytical, & with Adaptability if it uses an Electric-type move. (Though other than Discharge, few of its Electric-type attacks are that great.).
As well as possibly a boost from Nasty Plot, if it uses it.

So I wouldn't say Sasuke resisting Fear Manipulation is the decisive factor.

Amat isn't a status effect. Think of it like Ho-ohs sacred fire or any other move that always leaves a burn. But yes its possible to be dodged

Amat isn't a status effect. Think of it like Ho-ohs sacred fire or any other move that always leaves a burn. But yes its possible to be dodged
Technically, no attack always inflicts a burn, with the exceptions of Inferno (In gameplay, a 50% Accurate move, as it's a Fire-type equivalent to Zap Cannon & Dynamic Punch.), & Burning Jealousy against a foe that increased its Stats that turn. Will-O-Wisp sort of qualifies, but has 75% accuracy & is a Status Move reflectable by Magic Coat.
Sacred Fire only burns 50% of the time, & is only 95% Accuracy, anyway.
(Though I guess if you count Partner Eevee's Sizzly Slide, there is a guaranteed burn attack, but that's deliberately overpowered, & only available on 1 Pokemon in 1 game.)

Really not even sacred fire? I must have some good luck then. Well then yeah since Amat is an attack magic coat wont reflect it

I dont think it applies to just magic attacks. Iirc it reflects things that arent attacks like toxic sleep power etc

lmfaooooo sheesh man those are some iconic pokemon moves. Basically they are moves that do no damage but inflict a status on you
You play RPGs or smash bros? Think of it like that

I have no idea of what is a toxic sleep power lmao
Toxic is a Pokemon move.
Sleep Powder is a different Pokemon move.
Both were introduced in the first Pokemon games, although you probably wouldn't see them early on. (But both are still very well known.)

The point is, Magic Coat reflects non-Magical stuff.
(Also, I'd question if there aren't several verses that would equalize Chakra-based techniques as Magical anyway.)

(Also, I'd question if there aren't several verses that would equalize Chakra-based techniques as Magical anyway.)
no, it is different, chakra and ki never were equalized to stuff like Magic/Mana, it is pretty common in matches like Naruto vs SDS

Yeah, why not. Sasuke probably would dodge, or survive an attack with Susano'o, then fire back an Amaterasu that Z likely wouldn't realize to dodge, or would fail to dodge. Especially if Z goes for Hyper Beam, which it might, considering Adaptability.
Plus, Sasuke has Skill & the Sharingan.

Late to voting, but yeah. Voting Sasuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back