• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Neopolitan vs Yagyu ~ Umbrella Altercation

-creak, creak-

Those were the sounds emanating from Hibari's back as she stretched out while walking beside her eye-patched friend. "I can't believe I made it through that." the pink-haired shinobi sighed as she hunched over once more.

"I'm kind of surprised myself, admittedly." Yagyu remarked. "But it shows how much you've progressed since freshman year. I'm proud of you, Hibari."

"Yeah, but still, two-thousand pushups in a row?! That is ridiculous! I think I deserve some sort of reward, like maybe some..." Hibari began to reply before her gaze drifted and she let out a sudden gasp.

"...ICE CREAM!"

Yagyu yelped as Hibari yanked on her arm without warning and pointed. Yagyu followed her finger until she saw a woman of notably short stature holding an umbrella.

"I don't- What? What's this about ice cream?" Yagyu asked, puzzled. "Look at her hair! And that outfit! She has to be an ice cream lady!" Hibari explained. Yagyu did notice the combination of pink and brown in the woman's hair. "That's a non sequitur if ever I've..." she trailed off as she noticed Hibari was no longer beside her. Instead, she was recklessly sprinting towards the "ice cream lady."

"Hibari, wait!" Yagyu yelled as she stretched her hand out in vain. No sooner had Hibari reached out to grab Neo's shoulder than a high-heeled kick was swiftly delivered to her temple. Yagyu watched in horror as Hibari unconsciously collapsed to the ground. A menacing aura swiftly surrounded the white-haired ninja-in-training as she glared at the sadistically smirking woman. The location they were in momentarily switched to a crowded city, signifying the activation of a Shinobi Barrier.

Yagyu vs Neopolita (First key)

Win via KO, incapacitation, or death. SPEED EQUALIZED

Yagyu's AP: 3.8 tons

Neo's AP: >Baseline (>2 tons)

The title is supposed to be a pun based on the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil. I couldn't think of anything else, sue me

Would ESP allow her to see Neo through her illusions, and would homing attacks still home in if Neo is projecting illusory clones?

If both are a yes I see Yagyu taking this through AP, comparable skill, better ranged options, and hard counters to Neo's bread and butter semblance abuse.

If both are no, I see Neo taking this with extremely high difficulty.

Can she pinpoint where the presense is, or just note there's someone in her general area?

Is there any fighters within Senran who use stuff like clones? If so, does it prioritise the original character? Same thing with invisibility, if there's characters who use it in the game and if the homing attacks get through it.

There's no one who uses invisibility normally in combat, however, there is an item called a Smoke Bomb or something to that effect that renders the character invisible. Yagyu's homing attack still seeks them out IIRC

Yagyu specifically hasn't used it to pinpoint someone's exact location but I remember Murasaki using it that way and everyone's should work identically. Lemme see if I can find that clip

Edit: Here we are.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
There's no one who uses invisibility normally in combat, however, there is an item called a Smoke Bomb or something to that effect that renders the character invisible. Yagyu's homing attack still seeks them out IIRC
Yagyu specifically hasn't used it to pinpoint someone's exact location but I remember Murasaki using it that way and everyone's should work identically. Lemme see if I can find that clip

Edit: Here we are.

Even though we've never seen her do it, there's no reason Neo shouldn't be able to use her type of invisibility in normal combat. She can project illusions to make things invisible, and she can project her illusions over herself seemlessly as we've seen when she's used it to disguise herself.

I know this is dead but didn't Murasaki use her sense of smell to find the guy rather than esp? Yagyu doesn't have that, or at least it doesn't say it on the bio.

Back